Thread: OT: Reminder for my fellow Yankee fans

Banned
    Were you watching Chris Hammond tonite?

Consider that a reminder of what life was like BEFORE Benitez came to town ... and count your blessings.

Cause that's what we had to look forward to in October ... stiffs who don't even have A CHANCE at getting it done ... simply don't have THE STUFF you can rely on.

At least Benitez can bring the heat ... at least he gives us A CHANCE

Keep that in mind the next time the NY Press tries to convince you Benitez was a bad move.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

99.9% of the NY press have said that it WAS a good move, that his position as the set up man should work out, that having Rivera to bail him out will help.

All Pro
    I thought it was an awful move and I still do.

Undrafted Free Agent
    sure he can bring the heat.... but the guy sure loves blowing big games

Veteran
    Good major league hitters can hit 95 mph fastballs down the heart of the plate like Oritz did yesterday.

Still think it was not a good move

TomShane
    That 97 MPH heat that Benitez brings flattens out when he gets tight. It was a bad move for the Yanks.

That said, the prospects the Mets got from the Yanks are tearing up the minors! Woohoo! Mets in '08!!!

All Pro
    Originally posted by TomShane@Jul 27 2003, 11:27 PM
    That 97 MPH heat that Benitez brings flattens out when he gets tight. It was a bad move for the Yanks.

That said, the prospects the Mets got from the Yanks are tearing up the minors! Woohoo! Mets in '08!!!
    Tom;

You know that all 3 trades the Mets made can't fully be judged for 3 years or so. Gotta find out if the kids are gonna make it or not.

But they got trid of stuff they didn't need, and shed some salary in the process to boot.

Maxman
    Originally posted by TomShane@Jul 27 2003, 11:27 PM

Is Jason Anderson on the Mets now? He should be if he isn't. I like him, I think he will be pretty good.

Maxman
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jul 27 2003, 10:45 PM
    Were you watching Chris Hammond tonite?

Consider that a reminder of what life was like BEFORE Benitez came to town ... and count your blessings.

Cause that's what we had to look forward to in October ... stiffs who don't even have A CHANCE at getting it done ... simply don't have THE STUFF you can rely on.

At least Benitez can bring the heat ... at least he gives us A CHANCE

Keep that in mind the next time the NY Press tries to convince you Benitez was a bad move.
    GJ&H:
    Hammond had an ERA under 1.00 last season for the Braves. Not sure I would call him a stiff.

I like the trade but I think Torre should use the pen by instincts and matchups a bit more. I don't think it should be an automatic that Benitez gets the 8th.

Hammond and Osuna are pretty decent pitchers but like every other reliever they do need regular work.