Thread: Sehorn out 10 weeks....Does anyone care?

All League
    RAMS HEAD COACH MIKE MARTZ:

ON INJURY TO S JASON SEHORN: “Unfortunately the news with Jason (Sehorn) is not good. He did fracture the fifth metatarsal of the (left) foot. This will require surgery; they will put a screw in there. It was the same thing that James Hodgins had. The good thing to this, if there is good news, is we should have him back by the fifth game of the season. That is still a lot of playing time. There is a lot of the season left. We will get him back, but we are going to miss him in the early part of the season. We will move on, but I feel bad for Jason, he was doing so well. He fit in so well and learned our system. It looked like he was making a lot of plays out there on the field. It is just one of those freak things that happened. The thing we have to focus on at this point is that we are going to get him back and there is an awful lot of the season left to play. That in itself is good news, unfortunately for the time being he is going to have some surgery and he is going to be out for a little while.”
    I've got to admit, I root for the Rams in the NFC, so I'm sorry to hear about this. Until the injury, it appeared Jason was doing a terrific job adjusting to safety for the team.

They've lacked big play ability from their safeties, and while Jason can't cover liked he did, he could still make some plays in the zone.

His season isn't over, but this hurts. Also, any Giant fan can tell you Jason doesn't recover from injuries quickly.

I know Jetgirl will be upset, as she told me she once met Jason and he was very polite and cordial towards her, I think?

TomShane
    This is the text book downfall of a steroid-created athlete. Surprising athelticism, a flash-in-the-pan season or two, followed by "nagging injuries" which become huge injuries, followed by a quiet retirement.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Riggins44@Jul 28 2003, 12:19 AM
    [I know Jetgirl will be upset, as she told me she once met Jason and he was very polite and cordial towards her, I think?

He was very nice and cordial to me.........I am upset, I don&#39;t like to see anyone get hurt............. <_<

All Pro
    Originally posted by TomShane@Jul 28 2003, 12:59 AM
    This is the text book downfall of a steroid-created athlete. Surprising athelticism, a flash-in-the-pan season or two, followed by "nagging injuries" which become huge injuries, followed by a quiet retirement.
    Agreed, TS, I&#39;m sure the Giants [and their fans] are thankful they unloaded this guy :unsure:

All League

sad to hear that

I guess if there is 1 bright side, he doesn&#39;t have to face the Giants in the opener

All Pro
    Originally posted by TomShane@Jul 28 2003, 12:59 AM
    So how come Bonds has excelled so long at this age (39 years old now)?

All Pro
    I would have liked to see him come back and have a good season. He certainly has had it tough for the past several years.

Veteran
    Originally posted by mbn007+Jul 28 2003, 08:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Jul 28 2003, 08:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Jul 28 2003, 12:59 AM
    So how come Bonds has excelled so long at this age (39 years old now)? [/b][/quote]
    "I&#39;m not an athlete, I&#39;m a baseball player." -- John Kruk

TomShane
    Originally posted by mbn007+Jul 28 2003, 08:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Jul 28 2003, 08:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Jul 28 2003, 12:59 AM
    So how come Bonds has excelled so long at this age (39 years old now)? [/b][/quote]
    Bonds doesn&#39;t run during a baseball game, except for the occasional steal. A better example is Mark McGwire and Brady Anderson.

Maxman
    Damn if he was going to get hurt I wish the Giants had kept him. Then I could have enjoyed the injury.

Banned
    Does anyone care?

The real question is; Is anyone surprised?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jason Sehorn will probably be in somebody&#39;s studio during the season. He&#39;s destined to do that job. His football career looks like it&#39;s over.

All Pro
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Jul 28 2003, 11:15 AM
    Jason Sehorn will probably be in somebody&#39;s studio during the season. He&#39;s destined to do that job. His football career looks like it&#39;s over.
    If he&#39;s only out until October, he &#39;ll be back this year.

Even though he is a sloooooooooooooowwwwwwww healer.