Thread: Story on Channel 2 News @ 4:30

Rookie
    Channel 2 News at 4:30 (the local CBS affiliate for you out of towners) just had a quick story from Jets camp this morning. They dont usually do sports until the 6-6:30 half hour, so this stood out. Apparently due to the change in schedule caused by preparations for the trip to Japan, only 1 fan was in attendance at 7:30 this morning when practice started. Apparently Herm saw him alone, and rewarded him with a trip onto the field where he got to meet players and the staff. They gave him a hat and a shirt, which he said he was sending to a friend of his who was called up from the reserves to go serve in Iraq. I didnt catch the guy at practices first name, but I think they called him Sgt. McHugh from the NYPD. Is that anyone from here?

Veteran
    Herm really "gets it"

Banned
    And the only reason this guy was at the early morning session was because he thought it was the Giants training camp.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Shadetree@Jul 29 2003, 04:58 PM
    Herm really "gets it"
    D'oh- I didnt realize that the story was already on here. Sorry about that.

Veteran
    Originally posted by borg@Jul 29 2003, 04:59 PM
    And the only reason this guy was at the early morning session was because he thought it was the Giants training camp.
    trekkies are losers

All League
    Originally posted by borg@Jul 29 2003, 04:59 PM
    Giants train up here. I still haven't been to Jets camp this year - gotta check the schedule.

-AJ-

Rookie
    Originally posted by AlbanyJet+Jul 29 2003, 07:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AlbanyJet @ Jul 29 2003, 07:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--borg@Jul 29 2003, 04:59 PM
    Giants train up here. I still haven&#39;t been to Jets camp this year - gotta check the schedule.

-AJ- [/b][/quote]
    Well, they&#39;ll be gone for a week. There&#39;s a camp schedule on the home page of this site.

All Pro
    I dont get it, and I dont mean to sound smacky about it. Your stadium is sold out. if it is like the pats it is impossible to get tickets unless you pay 2x face. How come no one goes? I always thought (yes, pat fans do think) that LI was Jet country. The pats have 5000-12,000 people at each practice.

All League
    I can only imagine how hard it is to get to a practice that early, even in Foxboro, which you would agree is a lot easier to get to than Hempstead.

That said...one person...1 fan? Where was Ray Ray?..

Rookie
    There was probably only one guy there at 7:30 because originally the team wasnt going to practice at all today, and threw this together at the last minute; and because the previous morning practices had started at 8:30.

All Pro
    I dont know how hard itis to get to Hofstra when your already on the island. I understand that the jersey or metro guys would find it tough.
    It takes me an hour to get to Foxboro. Believe me the traffic on 128/95 at 7:30 in the morning is pretty bad.