Thread: Yanks Get Aaron Boone

All League
    According to Peter Gammons the Yanks have traded Brandon Claussen straight up for Boone. Originally the rumor was Claussen & $3Mil for Boone & White, I'd rather have the latter.

I am pretty sure they got White too. It will be a separate deal however

All League
    Here's the article from espn.com:

Yankees give up Claussen, cash for third baseman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com

Third baseman Aaron Boone, who demanded Wednesday that the Reds trade him, got his wish hours before the deadline Thursday when he was dealt to the New York Yankees for pitcher Brandon Claussen and cash, ESPN's Peter Gammons reports.

Boone met with Reds CEO Carl Lindner and made the demand. Boone's father Bob was fired Monday as Reds manager and general manager Jim Bowden also was dismissed.

In the last several days, the Yankees and Dodgers were the teams most heavily involved in talks to obtain Boone after a three-way deal that would have sent him to Seattle and Mariners ace Freddy Garcia to Boston fell through.

Reds management has broken apart the struggling team in recent days. On Wednesday, Cincinnati sent outfielder Jose Guillen to Oakland for right-hander Aaron Harang and two minor league pitchers.

On Tuesday, Reds closer Scott Williamson was traded to Boston on Tuesday for prospects and $1.25 million.

Banned
    Originally posted by Chrisrud@Jul 31 2003, 03:26 PM
    I am pretty sure they got White too. It will be a separate deal however
    Chris is right,peter gammons just reported the same thing he said.

Practice Squad
    Hopefully one day there will be a true salary cap in MLB.

Then maybe some of the "poorer" teams can get in the mix!