Thread: no respect at all

Waterboy
    we were picked as one of the losers on that new NFL Live show. And then i was reading the excerpts from a pfw chat on espn and we were picked to finish last in the division. I think its great. i dont like to be picked first. I think that kind of contributed to our bad start last yr.

Let the players feel like no one is picking them. They responded to that last year when we all wrote them off at 2-5. On that NFL Live show they picked the biggest defense addition this offseason was colvin. Is this guy that good? To be honest i havent seen too much of him and i dont remember if he had a big impact when we played the bears last yr. Maybe he did, i just dont remember. He also had urlacher next to him.

Anyway i think its good that no one expects anything from us and we are being criticized for losing all our free agents. But if we have a successful yr all the experts will say Bradway is a genius and he made all the right moves. I try to remember who picks us to have a bad season and then at the end of the yr when we are playing good they pretend like they knew we would be good just so i know who are phonys.

Kangaroo F*cker
    Relax mate! There are hundreds of media outlets. Some picked the Jets to win, others picked them to lose. Who gives a s**t? I don't care what ESPN, SI, Sporting News and the rest of them say.

Playboy picked the Jets to win the AFC East. Does that make you feel better? The players don't care.

Waterboy
    i think players do care...most players read the papers, watch sports shows, and they do take it personal. To say it makes a 4-12 team a 12-4 team, no that doesnt happen. but good teams that get little respect do get that little extra fire to show them up. And i truly believe the jets are a good example of that last yr at 1-4 and then 2-5 and then after the chicago game. Yes they got breaks but i think with media and fans writing them off it gave them a little more inspiration to prove doubters wrong

Kangaroo F*cker
    The players start to care when the season starts. None of them give a s**t in July. The Pats rode the negative press late in the season to the Super Bowl a few years back.

As I said. There are so many people making predications that it has become a joke. Every publication has a different winner.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by mdav 10@Jul 31 2003, 08:08 PM

we were picked as one of the losers on that new NFL Live show. .

Just watched the same show. Yes, it was pretty critical and negative toward the Jets (they even lumped you in with the pathetic Cardinals).

Bottom line, it means absolutely nothing.

Any one of the four teams in the AFCE can either win the division or come in last place.

It will be a great football year and regardless of what all the "experts" say, the game is still played on the field.

The Jets get no respect I tells ya.

Waterboy
    I'd rather get no respect and prove all the naysayers wrong. Besides, the Jets always seem to play better when no one gives them a chance. When the "experts" predict that the Jets are going to be good it usually doesn't work out that way. At least now they have another thing to play for just to prove that these Jets are real and can go on even after getting raided by Snyder.

JETS1580

All Pro
    F the shows, magazines and the so called experts. No one knows who is going to do what. To quote Herm, "That's why they play the game". Playboy picked us to do well, others picked us to implode. No one knows but the boys in green and white. Personally I like playing with less expectations, it creates less pressure.

Veteran
    The NY Jets are often picked last. Sometimes it is legit, and sometimes it is not. For example, in the Summer of 96 the "experts" were right (for the most part) in picking the Jets to be a weak team. I mean, did you really feel okay, as a Jet fan, with crummy O'Donnell and Kotite? Probably not. But some of us loyal Jet fans scoffed at basement predictions in the pre-season that year, only to realize the truth by season's 1-15 (sat through every one of those freakin' games) end. Today, however, in 2003, NY is not a weak team, as many of these predictions seem to indicate. Granted, the division is tough and so is the schedule, but the team is one of the strongest the Jets have had in years, IMO. Any one of the four teams can win it. Simple as that.