Thread: Drew Henson

Practice Squad
    Quote from Cashman; said Henson ''hasn't developed,'' and the organization will talk to him about his future. It looks like the 17 million dollar experiment in Henson has effectively been ended with the latest trade for Aaron Boone. The Houston Texans look brilliant in their low-level investment of a 6th rounder for Henson. Teams with aging QBs like the Oakland Raiders and the 49ers should had drafted him when they had the chance.

Veteran
    Heard 2 interviews regarding Henson...one from Gene Michael and one from Clete Bloyer both on Talking Baseball on WFAN...both said he is at LEAST 2 years away....but said is progressing nicely as a fielder and could see him as a 30 hr guy... just has a lot to learn

All Pro
    I honestly think that you will never see Henson in a NFL football jersey. He's much too in love with baseball, is getting paid more than adequately and realizes he won't get injured in MLB on the scale which would occur in the NFL. I think if he left baseball, he'd go into the outside world before the NFL.

All Pro
    I'm with you Guns.

I think Henson will be switched to the outfield, to take some of the fielding pressures off him. Then, if his hitting picks up, he has a shot at the Right Field slot in Yankee stadium in 2005.

All League
    At some point, an NFL team looking for a QB will make a provisional deal with the Texans to at least talk to Henson.Now, some one is planting stories that Columbus (Michigan/OSU) is the problem. Problem is HENSON CAN'T HIT.This "love of the game" routine only goes so far.He's not even a quality "AAA" baseball talent. The bus rides are gonna get old quick. He strikes out way too much, his average is lousy and it's been that way for his entire time in Columbus. It's a matter of time. And when that happens, the Yanks will allow him to break his contract. It makes the most sense for everyone.

Banned
    As a baseball fan, the Aaron Boone trade spoke volumes on Drew Henson's future. He should start calling audibles...his yankee career is over. The minor league pitchers are eating him up. He can't hit a curveball and fastballs over 89 are too hard for him to catch up to. Scouts in the minors comment that either boone or Mike Lowell will be the Yanks third baseman of the future and that Henson may have his contract terminated or that he may be traded...

I am a mets fan but Drew was a good Qb who should have gone to the NFL....now hopefully he will pursue the NFL...

LL

All Pro
    He's got $17 million. Why would he go play football for 6th round money?