Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Martin to sit out American Bowl

Hall Of Fame
    Herm said that Martin will not play in the game tonight, due to a 'crick in his neck', I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but do you guys believe that or are we looking at the ankle issue???

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

He probably didn't hear me, but when I asked about his feet, he had no answer. Forget the consiracy for now, though.

Waterboy
    I wouldn't look too deep into this. If he were to play, it would only be for about 1 series like the rest of the starters. I don't think Martin is a player that needs 5 preseason games to be ready for the regular season.

Hall Of Fame
    yeah but you have to wonder about a warrior who flew thosands of miles that will sit out because of a crink in his neck, its only a few plays and you went around the world, get a massage and some heat and play your series

Waterboy
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Aug 1 2003, 09:04 AM
    yeah but you have to wonder about a warrior who flew thosands of miles that will sit out because of a crink in his neck, its only a few plays and you went around the world, get a massage and some heat and play your series
    He had to fly with the team. There was no player left behind. This game is meaningless to CuMar. I am much happier that he is sitting out so there is no possibility of a freak injury. I think he is fine. Herm is probably using this "crick in the neck" thing a little tongue-in-cheek.

All Pro
    From what I have been reading the Astroturf at the Tokyo Dome is almost harder than cement. If Martin or any of the key players are hurting, it's in our best interest for them to sit. Besides, I think Jordan will do a capable job.

Hall Of Fame
    From what I have been reading the Astroturf at the Tokyo Dome is almost harder than cement.
    Where have you read this? I thought they had the same stuff as the Jets will have out at the meadowlands this year, "fieldturf," it looks like it in the pictures, it didn't look like carpet.

Charter JI Member
    I'd wouldn't be surprised if Lamont does not play much as well. With 5 games, Herm has to evaluate the young guys, not the studs. Ian Smart is probably on the bubble, he wants to see him carry the ball. Don't forget we have Reese, and Little John on the team now also, those guys both looked good last summer...Curtis and Lamont have nothing to prove. B)

All Pro
    Originally posted by Ray Ray1@Aug 1 2003, 09:19 AM
    From what I have been reading the Astroturf at the Tokyo Dome is almost harder than cement.
    Where have you read this? I thought they had the same stuff as the Jets will have out at the meadowlands this year, "fieldturf," it looks like it in the pictures, it didn't look like carpet.
    I have been reading it in the articles concerning the game. A number of references have been made to it. I will try to find you a link to a story.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Boozer76@Aug 1 2003, 09:06 AM

He had to fly with the team. There was no player left behind. This game is meaningless to CuMar. I am much happier that he is sitting out so there is no possibility of a freak injury. I think he is fine. Herm is probably using this "crick in the neck" thing a little tongue-in-cheek.
    Glock was left behind and the rookie LB that pulled his hammy too

All Pro
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Aug 1 2003, 09:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Aug 1 2003, 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Boozer76@Aug 1 2003, 09:06 AM

Glock was left behind and the rookie LB that pulled his hammy too [/b][/quote]
    Glock was left behind because ther 747 they flew over on couldn&#39;t handle the additional weight. :lol:

Practice Squad
    I&#39;d let Curtis sit a preseason game if he had a hangnail.

All League
    Originally posted by The Pennington Man Will Pass@Aug 1 2003, 09:47 AM
    I&#39;d let Curtis sit a preseason game if he had a hangnail.
    I agree, I would rather let him sit out this week than week 2-6 of the regular season. Let him rest one week, he looked great last Saturday at Hostra&#33;

Besides, if I didn&#39;t want the rest of the AFC to know that my star RB was totally healthy until week 2 of the regular season, I&#39;d sit him in week 1 of Vanilla football&#33;

Rookie
    I&#39;m actually hoping that besides Curt, John Abraham, Chad and many of the other starters have cricks in there neck as well ;O)
    There are 4 pre-season games after this and there is no need for any of the regulars to play more than one series(if that) The team&#39;s health should come first. Let&#39;s see what Bolinger, Cecil Moore and company can do for a whole game.

All League
    He&#39;s a self-starter. He&#39;ll be in shape; he is already. It will be a long season. Heck, put him under glass until 9/4. Even if he played, he might take what, one or two handoffs? I&#39;d rather have him healthy than playing against camp meat looking to make a big hit on a HoFer like Martin.

All Pro
    Edwards said lastr month that he is going to limit Martin time this preseason.
    I however believe he is limiting it due to his ankles. Edwards is certainly doing the right thing. Martin needs two weeks to get the timing down between him and the oline. I would limit his activity to riding the bike until the you prepare for the forth preseason game. Let Jordan carry the load and develop a raport with the oline

All Pro
    I don&#39;t have a problem with CuMart sitting out this game in Tokyo. Not at all, I know he&#39;ll be ready for the regular season anyways

All Pro
    Let him rest. I&#39;d rather see what Lamont and the other RB&#39;s can do. Curtis is a proven commodity at this point, and if there&#39;s any question at all, why risk it?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why risk anything with Curtis? Just play Jordan and the rookies.