Thread: Think the 2 passes to conway were

Veteran
    I beleive the passes to Conway were something that the FO wanted to happen. To shut up the Coles/Conway critics.I also think it worked. They probably walked thru that series a hundred times. The first pass was thrown to Conway in heavy traffic(forced) the deep one Chad just put it up and Conway got it. Its a good way to silence the critics. All the articles that come out now wont be so quick to dog Conway and the chemistry lost between LC and CP

All Pro
    I agree jayrad01, and I'm sure we'll see more of CP and CC in the upcoming pre-season games, leading right to the start of the regular season

Waterboy
    Of course they were planned to go to Conway. But I doubt it was to appease the fans. Chad and Curtis2 need to develope a rhythm now so they are ready for the regular season. Those of you who may not follow the rest of the league as intensely as I do are really going to be pleasantly surprised with Conway. He has big time skills.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: Bozzer I agree 100% I have been watching CC since he left USC and I know he is a player. He is not as fast as Coles but he is bigger and more durable than most people think. For all those idiots that cannot get over Coles....do they realize that CC has over 1,800 yards the past 2 years??? And this is while playing banged up. Our Offense will do well....I also feel that Lamont Jordan will get quite a bit more carries....he was running against the Bucs but I love his power.....It'll help wear teams down and he also has the speed to go the distance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by jetsfreak@Aug 3 2003, 10:53 AM
    :ph34r: Bozzer I agree 100% I have been watching CC since he left USC and I know he is a player. He is not as fast as Coles but he is bigger and more durable than most people think. For all those idiots that cannot get over Coles....do they realize that CC has over 1,800 yards the past 2 years??? And this is while playing banged up. Our Offense will do well....I also feel that Lamont Jordan will get quite a bit more carries....he was running against the Bucs but I love his power.....It'll help wear teams down and he also has the speed to go the distance.
    Good point JF..To be exact Coles had 2132 yds and 12 Td's
    playing in 31 games in the Last 2 yrs! And Conway in 29
    games had 1977 yd's with 11 Td's and lead Coles in the
    Yd's per 15.3 to 14.5..And he didn't play with the same QB
    all the time..

i dont know if it were about silencing the critics, but hackette does want to establish the Penny/Conway chemistry as soon as possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Past stats aren`t going to mean a thing. There are only two ways to ever stop the CONWAY/COLES debate 1st . CHAD has to get conway more YRDS. & TD`S in the Washinton game , then ramsey gets COLES. and 2nd CONWAY has to finish the season with more YARDS &TD`s then COLES .T hats the only way to put an end to this ...

All Pro
    I'm still baffled by Santana Moss not being the #2 guy, absolutely ridiculous leaving this kid's talent on the sidelines.

All League
    pope...I agree....santana needs more touches.

Rookie
    I'm with you, Pope & Matt. 8-10 per game. I don't know if they are smoke-screening until the season starts , but on 9/4 ...

Santana, 8-10 touches & we should see 3 BIG plays.

Rookie
    Planned out --- Hmmm I believe They call that a "Game Plan and I hope they PLAN more of that. You know!.... where they throw to Conway in coverage and he catches the ball. Because if they had planned it out that he would drop the ball ... that would be kinda stupid. :blink:

"Herm what is you plan" "Well First we are going to throw to Conway but we want he to drop the ball. Then maybe Curtis can fumble the ball a few times and then we want to end the day with an INT from Chad". :lol:

Maxman
    I hope they have many many more 42 yard passes "planned" for this season.

Rookie
    Word has just come from the Jets Front Office.... Conway to be fired!!!!

Reports are they they are very upset with is performance in Japan. They "Wanted" him to drop everypass thrown to him.
    Woody Johnson was overheard at the game saying " What the F#$% is that Dumb S.O.B doing catching that Ball... Drop it you A$$ hole didn't you get the Memo"?