Thread: Coles

All League
    From the Redskins site:

Q: Was offense a big reason you wanted to come here?

A: That was the big thing. If I'm going to leave a situation where I'm getting a great chemistry with Chad, then of course I want to go to a situation where I know there's going to be a great coach and a guy who told me he believed in the young quarterback he had over here in and he thought that we could do it and I knew his past history and knew if I could be successful, knew this would be the place.

Q: As happy as you were to get a big bonus, were you stung that New York didn't keep you?

A: No, it's a business. I've learned that part about the league since I've been here. Some people don't feel I'm worth it. everybody has their theme. Coach Spurrier and Mr. Snyder believe in me and felt like I was the guy to come in and help them get some ball games up under their belt as far as winning. It's all opinions right now. Until I get the opportunity to go out and prove that I'm worth, maybe the Jets will kick themselves and say we should have brought him back, or maybe the Jets will say, he didn't work out the way everybody thought he would and we made the right decision.

Q: How would you compare Patrick Ramsey and Pennington?

A: The only thing different is that Chad has more games under his belt and Chad had the opportunity to sit a little longer than Ramsey did. Other than that, their determination level is the same. Patrick's arm is bigger than Chad's, but they both have that desire to be great, which is something very special I see in both of them.

Q: Do you feel more of a burden after getting such a big bonus?

A: It's one of those things where I want to make Coach Spurrier and Mr. Snyder proud because those were the guys who pulled the trigger on getting me in here. For me, I think the pressure is pretty much off me. They gave me the money. The pressure kind of shifts to them. I want to perform for them and allow them to look like they made the great decision bringing me in. That's what drives me every day to want to be out there for Coach Spurrier and working hard and just be whatever they ask me to be.

TomShane
    Q: Lavernues, how do you feel about coming here to be the world's highest paid #2 receiver?

A: <stone silence>

Q: Lavernues, do you feel any extra pressure knowing that if you don&#39;t win the Super Bowl this season, that it is most likely the end of the line for this team as they will have to dismantle it in order to accomodate your outrageous contract?

A: All I know is that I didn&#39;t steal no shoes, man. I paid straight cream up in that Dillard&#39;s, man.

Q: Would you like to explain this quote..."I made Chad"?

A: Yeah, yeah. What I was saying there was that Chad ain&#39;t sh&#33;t without me. That&#39;s all I&#39;m sayin&#39;

Q: You ARE aware, Lavernues, that Curtis Conway is currently averaging 27 yards-per-catch so far in the pre-season, and that was against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, right?

A: Yeah, but that was on 2 catches, so he had only, like {counts on his fingers, toes} 27 yards, twice.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL thats funny pee wee

Veteran
    TomShane
    Q: Lavernues, how do you feel about coming here to be the world&#39;s highest paid #2 receiver?

Q: Lavernues, do you feel any extra pressure knowing that if you don&#39;t win the Super Bowl this season, that it is most likely the end of the line for this team as they will have to dismantle it in order to accomodate your outrageous contract?

A: All I know is that I didn&#39;t steal no shoes, man. I paid straight cream up in that Dillard&#39;s, man.

A: Yeah, yeah. What I was saying there was that Chad ain&#39;t sh&#33;t without me. That&#39;s all I&#39;m sayin&#39;

Q: You ARE aware, Lavernues, that Curtis Conway is currently averaging 27 yards-per-catch so far in the pre-season, and that was against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, right?

A: Yeah, but that was on 2 catches, so he had only, like {counts on his fingers, toes} 27 yards, twice.
    I bet you weren&#39;t posting this stuff last year, and to say Coles is a #2 reciever .

All League
    Can we please get off the whole coles Bulls@*#...I know Im new here but come on guys its over and done with...We all should just wait till the season opener when Ramsey floats one a little high over the middle and let Cowart take care of him...and then we can ask him if chad and patrick are the same :o

All League
    Originally posted by FlaJet023@Aug 8 2003, 02:48 AM
    Can we please get off the whole coles Bulls@*#...I know Im new here but come on guys its over and done with...We all should just wait till the season opener when Ramsey floats one a little high over the middle and let Cowart take care of him...and then we can ask him if chad and patrick are the same :o
    Listen, some folks here including myself are interested in what Coles says, especially since our opener is with Washington. This was excerpts from a Q&A on a Redskins site. I don&#39;t think the topic of my thread was misleading now, was it? If you don&#39;t want to read about Coles and responses to it then don&#39;t read the thread....makes sense?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

There`s just no point in bashing COLES until CONWAY PUTS UP MORE YARDS THEN COLES ON SEPT.4TH & WE WIN THE GAME .

All Pro
    Sorry. Still bitter. Bashing Coles is ALWAYS good fun

All League
    Listen, some folks here including myself are interested in what Coles says, especially since our opener is with Washington. This was excerpts from a Q&A on a Redskins site. I don&#39;t think the topic of my thread was misleading now, was it? If you don&#39;t want to read about Coles and responses to it then don&#39;t read the thread....makes sense?

All Im saying is we need to let our play do the talking....We need to go out on sept 4 and make him regret goin for the dough instead of being faithful to the team who gave him a shot...And also your talkin like Im a child "Listen" and "make sense"..Lighten up dude

All Pro
    I understand this is the nature of business, however where do you differenciate the love of the game and the want of financial stability? in my honest opinion LC did not believe in the direction of our JETS football club which I believe he will regret down the road to fame and fortune.

plane and simple LAVRANEOUS COLES left because he ask his agent to show him the MONEY>>>>the Redskins owner believe he has it, stay tuned for futher drama drama :unsure: :blink:

--------------------
    hey ref didn`t you see that my QB got killed but I think he`s gonna live tho :o

(Bruce Coslett)

All Pro
    Actually, by shutting down Coles and winning on Sept. 4th will we finally shut Coles up.

If the Jets win, but he comes up big, then he still will be Mr. Motormouth. He&#39;ll claim that they would&#39;ve been even better with me, blah...blah.........blah...................

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by TomShane@Aug 7 2003, 11:48 PM
    Q: Lavernues, how do you feel about coming here to be the world&#39;s highest paid #2 receiver?

You&#39;re the man Tom&#33;&#33; LMAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Anyone read the SI article? This head case has issues. I bet he self-destructs. Hope not, but good riddance. What a baby.

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by R. Tyme@Aug 7 2003, 11:33 PM
    For me, I think the pressure is pretty much off me. They gave me the money. The pressure kind of shifts to them.

That&#39;s a pretty telling line. He&#39;d like to make them look good but hey, he&#39;s already cashed the check so......

His mother&#39;s nickname for him seems to be quite fitting.

All League
    Originally posted by Lady Jet+Aug 8 2003, 09:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lady Jet @ Aug 8 2003, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--R. Tyme@Aug 7 2003, 11:33 PM
    For me, I think the pressure is pretty much off me. They gave me the money. The pressure kind of shifts to them.

That&#39;s a pretty telling line. He&#39;d like to make them look good but hey, he&#39;s already cashed the check so......

His mother&#39;s nickname for him seems to be quite fitting. [/b][/quote]
    That was the line that I noticed first too, LJ. At first I interpreted it as Lav is already looking to slough off responsibility - it won&#39;t be him under-earning the 13 mil bonus, but Snyder over-paying. But that doesn&#39;t jive with his confidence.

Then I realized what he&#39;s really saying is he&#39;s been in DC long enough to understand the Skinz are going NOWHERE this year, regardless of what he does or doesn&#39;t do.

I&#39;d bet they finish below Dallas.

All League
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Aug 8 2003, 09:39 AM
    Anyone read the SI article? This head case has issues. I bet he self-destructs. Hope not, but good riddance. What a baby.
    Hiya Jumba&#33; yea, that was pretty much Herm&#39;s response to his comments...that Coles has some growing up to do.