Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Punter sux

All Pro
    This strysinski fellah cant kick for distnce and Im hopin we bring someone else in. Any ideas

I heard a report on the radio while I was driving home from a family party (so I didn't see the Game) was that our punter had 6 attempts and averaged 44 yards and they neted 41 yards after return.

That would be called directional punting, something that the NFL hasn't seen in many years.

What is wrong with those numbers?

All League
    Originally posted by JohnnyJet@Aug 10 2003, 09:07 PM
    This strysinski fellah cant kick for distnce and Im hopin we bring someone else in. Any ideas
    What game were you watching ?

Originally posted by WestCoastMole+Aug 10 2003, 09:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WestCoastMole @ Aug 10 2003, 09:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JohnnyJet@Aug 10 2003, 09:07 PM
    What game were you watching ? [/b][/quote]
    And I thought I missed what they were talking about on the radio this afternoon...

The specail teams played well based on stats...

Rookie
    he had a pretty good day. not sure what you were watching either.

Undrafted Free Agent
    did you even watch the game?

he did pretty good

Practice Squad
    anything over 41 yards is good... he averaged 44 today.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah really, which game were you watching?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Any ideas
    I have two ideas.

1. Learn something about football.

2. Take a remedial English course.

Waterboy
    6 attempts and he still averaged 44 yards? I&#39;ll take that any day.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+Aug 10 2003, 09:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ Aug 10 2003, 09:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JohnnyJet@Aug 10 2003, 09:07 PM
    Any ideas
    I have two ideas.

1. Learn something about football.

2. Take a remedial English course. [/b][/quote]
    I agree for once.

I was at the game and I said to the guys I was with, "Finally, we have ourselves a punter". He didn&#39;t directional kick today.. He just kicked them so high they had to fair catch most times. Of course, it seemed most of his punts were with the wind (punting from the 140 section toward the 120 section)

All Pro
    I mentioned that Westoff was not satisfied with him, but todays production cetainly does look good. You have to see a game to see if the punter was truly effective, If the guy is kicking from the 50 and it bounces into the endzone he gets credit for a 50 yd kick, but it is a bad play. You dont know if he was kicking with the wind, did a guy not field the ball cleanly.

Veteran
    I was glad to see Stryzinski do good in the conditions of the Meadowlands, it proves his success in the Japan game wasn&#39;t just because he was in a dome. The last few years the Jets have signed supposedly great punters and they have had horrible years, now they take the worst punter from last year...........hopefully it will have the opposite affect .

Practice Squad
    Especially when the ball was downed on the 1 yard line&#33; I was disappointed that he didn&#39;t try to kick it through the uprights, oh wait a minute thats the other kickers job&#33; My bad.

Practice Squad
    i liked what i saw a lot out of him....he looked a hell of a lot better than Matt Turk

All Pro
    44 yds and the ability to put the ball where he wants it...I&#39;ll take it.

Rookie
    I thought he did great.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

The punter had a great day today averaging 44 yrds. in those conditions ,not to mention he had enoungh hang time to give our S.T. A CHANCE TO GET DOWN there to down the ball or make the tackles quick enough a time he droped the ball on the six and we downed it on the 1 yard line I`ll take that all year long.

Veteran
    He reminds of Dave Jennings when he came to the Jets, 40 yards and a fair catch, all well and good, except when you&#39;re kicking from deep in your own territory, and you need to play field position. Although I thought he kicked well yesterday&#33;

All League
    Ive been really impressed with our punter. In two games he has been able to put the ball inside the other teams ten yard line.

That&#39;s pretty good in our book. In the Bengals game it almost lead to a safety.