Thread: I got the DirectTV DVR!!!

Veteran
    I'm sooo pumped! Last year I got the NFL Sunday ticket with Direct TV and now I just purchased the DVR (Tivo)!!! Now I won't miss any Jet special on any channel. First thing to be programmed... Record anything with "Jets" in the title Does anyone with Tivo actually have the hardware in this link?

DirectTV DVR

I've heard sometimes Tivo hardware overheats. Any comments?

Rookie
    I don't have the DTV DVR, but I have the sonic blue Replay TV (Exact same thing as Tivoe, but not DTV Tivo). I have not had any porblems at all, and nothing overheats, the machine is running 24-7 and records many shows a day.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Miracle In The Meadowlands@Aug 12 2003, 12:00 AM
    I'm sooo pumped! Last year I got the NFL Sunday ticket with Direct TV and now I just purchased the DVR (Tivo)!!! Now I won't miss any Jet special on any channel. First thing to be programmed... Record anything with "Jets" in the title Does anyone with Tivo actually have the hardware in this link?

DirectTV DVR

I've heard sometimes Tivo hardware overheats. Any comments?
    Its awesome . Of course if you record anything with the word jets in it you will be learning alot about airplanes LOL.
    Have fun you won't know how you lived with out it. Also if you watch all your programing 5 min. after it starts you can skip all the commercials. Start watching the game at 1:05 if you can handle the wait.

Practice Squad
    congratulations. tonight I am getting a Time Warner DVR which comes in the cable set-top box for only $6.95 extra. It also makes your tv have picture in picture and lets you record two shows while watching a third you already have taped. They are not advertising this yet but it is available to all Time -warner customers

Veteran
    it's sweet.
    i watch two games at once to skip all the commercials.
    just pause when one comes on, then flip channels and watch until another commercial, then flip back and fast forward through.
    repeat and enjoy.
    i record all programs to avoid commercials now.
    pretty soon you'll wonder how you ever lived without one.