Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did I live without cable internet?

Bitter
    My god, I just got set up with cable internet yesterday and WOW!! I had been holding out because COX (not sure if you know of them up there) had laid all new cable and claimed they were coming real soon. 6 months later, still nothing so I said to hell with them and went with Classic Cable. I am officially addicted. I have been downloading anything and everything. It's only a matter of time before my hard drive is full. B)

All League
    Charter JI Member

Welcome to the broadband world. We don't go back to the old way.

I can relate. Got DSL a few months ago after building my new comp (it's running at 100.0 Mbps and not shared)

I now have just about every song, video, game I've ever wanted.

Just downloaded Dennis Leary's video "No Cure For Cancer" and "Girls Gone Wild Totally Exposed, Uncensored and Beyond" Highly recommend both! Heh Heh

Veteran
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis@Aug 15 2003, 11:23 PM
    I can relate. Got DSL a few months ago after building my new comp (it's running at 100.0 Mbps and not shared)

Just downloaded Dennis Leary's video "No Cure For Cancer" and "Girls Gone Wild Totally Exposed and Uncensored" Highly recommend both! Heh Heh
    From Kazaa?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Where are you downloading from, Elvis? Kazzaa?

Bitter
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis@Aug 15 2003, 10:23 PM

Just downloaded Dennis Leary's video "No Cure For Cancer" and "Girls Gone Wild Totally Exposed and Uncensored" Highly recommend both! Heh Heh
    I'm downloading Unreal Tournament 2003 right now. I think... :unsure: Damn Kazaa, last time I wound up with Max Payne thinking it was UT. When you download movies, what format do you download them in? I tried downloading Finding Nemo on VCD for my son but couldn't get it to play in my DVD player.

Originally posted by jayrad01@Aug 15 2003, 11:25 PM
    From Kazaa?
    Yup, KaZaA

Originally posted by huskeralk@Aug 15 2003, 11:26 PM

I'm downloading Unreal Tournament 2003 right now. I think... :unsure: Damn Kazaa, last time I wound up with Max Payne thinking it was UT. When you download movies, what format do you download them in? I tried downloading Finding Nemo on VCD for my son but couldn't get it to play in my DVD player.
    [/quote]
    Yeah, the one real drawback to Kazaa is the jackasses who like to rename long files. I've downloaded several movies just to find out they were something totally different. Make sure you have a good anti-virus program too. Nortons caught 2 for me already, including that recent W32.Blaster worm

I download in whatever format they are in., then convert if needed.

Bitter
    You might take a look at WinMX if you haven't already. It's got alot of stuff on it too. I kind of alternate between Kazaa and WinMX. I need to get my news server address so I can start hitting X News. That's the place to be. B)

Veteran
    Down Load Kazaa light no spy ware and no advertisements . It's great.

Bitter
    Originally posted by jayrad01@Aug 15 2003, 10:47 PM
    Yep, I'm all over it. Was it just me or did they make no mention of it on Kazaa's main home page?

Originally posted by jayrad01@Aug 15 2003, 11:47 PM
    Thats the one I've got.

Will have to look into WinMX, I'm not familiar with that one.

All Pro
    When I first started dating my girlfriend, I called her up and told I was getting cable in my apartment. She said 'What do you need that for? It's TOO expensive'. I told I was sick of all the hassles with dial-up. Besides, I could talk to her when I was online. She came over my place, and was hooked on cable. When we moved in together, it was the first thing she called and ordered to have installed. :lol:

P.S. - Kazaa Lite Rulez

Waterboy
    cable is one of the few things that's actually worth the money... the value is better then the price imo...

All Pro
    Originally posted by huskeralk+Aug 15 2003, 11:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ Aug 15 2003, 11:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jayrad01@Aug 15 2003, 10:47 PM
    Down Load Kazaa light no spy ware and no advertisements . It&#39;s great.
    Yep, I&#39;m all over it. Was it just me or did they make no mention of it on Kazaa&#39;s main home page? [/b][/quote]
    Kazaa lite is not made by the people who created Kazaa. It&#39;s a cracked version.

Bitter
    Originally posted by Jetlag+Aug 16 2003, 11:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetlag @ Aug 16 2003, 11:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -huskeralk@Aug 15 2003, 11:50 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--jayrad01
    @Aug 15 2003, 10:47 PM
    Down Load Kazaa light no spy ware and no advertisements . It&#39;s great.

Yep, I&#39;m all over it. Was it just me or did they make no mention of it on Kazaa&#39;s main home page?
    Kazaa lite is not made by the people who created Kazaa. It&#39;s a cracked version. [/b][/quote]
    Aha&#33;&#33; Now that makes perfect sense. :lol: Screw Kazaa and all their spyware.

All League
    Man you guys are making me miss my cable modem.

I had a cable modem before but I kept losing service in my area (for some reason). One time I couldn&#39;t log on for 6 days....and since I have become addicted to this board (thanks Sooth I couldn&#39;t take it and got it disconnected.

Saved 45 bucks a month but dial up sucks and I hate being disconnected. I think I may have to go back since I&#39;ve moved and neighbors who have it say they don&#39;t have a problem with theirs.

Is there anything more frustrating than being disconnected and having to start over? AGGGHHHHH

Waterboy
    Originally posted by huskeralk+Aug 15 2003, 11:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ Aug 15 2003, 11:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FlyingElvis@Aug 15 2003, 10:23 PM
    I can relate. Got DSL a few months ago after building my new comp (it&#39;s running at 100.0 Mbps and not shared)

I now have just about every song, video, game I&#39;ve ever wanted.

Just downloaded Dennis Leary&#39;s video "No Cure For Cancer" and "Girls Gone Wild Totally Exposed and Uncensored" Highly recommend both&#33; Heh Heh
    I&#39;m downloading Unreal Tournament 2003 right now. I think... :unsure: Damn Kazaa, last time I wound up with Max Payne thinking it was UT. When you download movies, what format do you download them in? I tried downloading Finding Nemo on VCD for my son but couldn&#39;t get it to play in my DVD player. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Husk, when you DL games, how do you get the CD keys??

Practice Squad
    I hope you have firewall, and I don&#39;t mean window&#39;s version of it. You computer is now a free target since you moved from dail up. And btw you will regret moving up, once you get used to the speed anything less than what you normally get is hell[went to a friend&#39;s house and he&#39;s got dail up and I was cussing at the speed, dammit load&#33;&#33;&#33;]. I mean I&#39;m used to getting between 1.5 and 2 megs. Hell anything below that is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I used to have dsl at 768, man sometimes my cable drops to that rate and I just wanna pull my hair out cus that USED to be fast but for me thats really slow. Hehe have fun and enjoy it and do yourself a favor, keep shopping around for different rates, I heard alot of people call their company and say, well this company offers blah, blah for this rate, I&#39;m joining them. Most of the time your current company will try to please you and match it, right now I got roadrunner and am looking at earthlink cable,cus it&#39;s &#036;5 cheaper[same speed]. I may just switch cus they use RR&#39;s line anyways and I&#39;m saving myself &#036;5 a month. Welcome to the fast lane.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by Boozer76+Aug 16 2003, 01:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Aug 16 2003, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -huskeralk@Aug 15 2003, 11:26 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--FlyingElvis
    @Aug 15 2003, 10:23 PM
    I can relate. Got DSL a few months ago after building my new comp (it&#39;s running at 100.0 Mbps and not shared)

I now have just about every song, video, game I&#39;ve ever wanted.

Just downloaded Dennis Leary&#39;s video "No Cure For Cancer" and "Girls Gone Wild Totally Exposed and Uncensored" Highly recommend both&#33; Heh Heh

I&#39;m downloading Unreal Tournament 2003 right now. I think... :unsure: Damn Kazaa, last time I wound up with Max Payne thinking it was UT. When you download movies, what format do you download them in? I tried downloading Finding Nemo on VCD for my son but couldn&#39;t get it to play in my DVD player.
    Hey Husk, when you DL games, how do you get the CD keys?? [/b][/quote]
    I think he meant UT2003 the demo, which is free, but I&#39;m not sure it&#39;s still supported since I have the reg version. You want a free game like UT2003, get Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP. It&#39;s free and it&#39;s a badass game. As for download some of this other free "stuff", I&#39;m a bit nervous doing that, just cus, with my luck, I&#39;ll get caught, so I stay away from them. Yeah I used to have kazaa lite, got rid of it since the "enemy" got greedy and decided the wanna sue people for shareing music.