Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Declaring My Support And Allegaince To Vinny

All Pro
    I'm not going to sit here, act innocent, and pretend that I haven't ripped on VT in the past, because one would only have to check my posts from last season's 1st 4 games to make me eat crow. But regardless of what your feelings were for VT in the past, they must be cast aside and we must support our new starting QB. Most importantly, he must know he has the support of gang green faithful. VT has to know that he has the support of those you in the stands and those of us who watch from 100s and 1000s of miles away. He's the man. As much as we, and especially I since I just learned about this upon reentering the US an hr ago, are going to miss CP, Vinny is the man and is our QB this season. VT's actions will decide this season, he is the man, he is the one who will get us to the playoffs, no one else. If there are playoffs, Vinny is taking us there. If there is a Super Bowl, VT will be our man.

I hereby request that all of you join me in your support by posting on this thread and entering a small word of support for Vinny. I will print out our responses and mail them to Vinny within time. Will he get it, who knows, I hope so, but if the Jets PR department forwards it to him, it will always be with him. He'll take the field knowing that everyone one of us has the confidence in him to get it done.

I hereby declare my support for Vinny Testdeverde.

All League
    If their wearing Jets green, I'm with 'em.

Veteran
    I will be at the first home game supporting VT 100% and through out the season. GO GET EM VINNY!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well Guns........my support has always been there for Vinny.........Just look at my avatar

Come on Vinny, I know you can and will do it.......make me proud........(as if I'm not grateful enough already for what you've already given us).....

I love you Vinny.............. :wub:

One way to show support is, when he steps on the field and takes his first snap on 9/14, he gets a standing ovation........

Veteran
    Always liked him. He's still got a rifle arm and a Heisman Trophy, so he's got the tools. I think with a better understanding of Hackett's offense and a healthy Curtis Martin, Vinny's gonna do just fine. I stand by my post. If you don't believe so, just you wait. GO JETS!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I pledge my support.

I will participate in the ovation on 9/14

Waterboy
    look at it this way , vinny likes to throw down the field .
    Conway likes to run down the field , so we may actually have a good chance this season

Rookie
    if i'm lucky enough to score some tix and not too inebriated, i will also offer a standing O

im with you, we can still do damage with VT

Banned
    Count me in ... I've always considered Vinny a class act and a much better QB than he is given credit for being.

Granted, I lobbied hard for the move to CP cause I felt the time was right ... we drafted the kid in the 1st Rd, Vinny was getting up there in years, and the team was going in the tank ... I felt it was time to make the move.

But I always said 98 was the best Quarterback Play I have seen from a Jet since Namath ... and "personally" I like Vinny a lot.

Bottom Line: IMO, Vinny was cheated out of his opportunity to take this team the distance in 99 by a fluke injury ... so it would be an awesome comeback story if he can get his redemption under the same circumstances.

I am sick over losing Chad ... but I certainly wish Vinny the best

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Aug 24 2003, 11:03 PM
    Count me in ... I've always considered Vinny a class act and a much better QB than he is given credit for being.

Granted, I lobbied hard for the move to CP cause I felt the time was right ... we drafted the kid in the 1st Rd, Vinny was getting up there in years, and the team was going in the tank ... I felt it was time to make the move.

But I always said 98 was the best Quarterback Play I have seen from a Jet since Namath ... and "personally" I like Vinny a lot.

Bottom Line: IMO, Vinny was cheated out of his opportunity to take this team the distance in 99 by a fluke injury ... so it would be an awesome comeback story if he can get his redemption under the same circumstances.

I am sick over losing Chad ... but I certainly wish Vinny the best
    Wow GJ&H.......I'm so proud of you...........I would invite you over but I've got the kids here....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    JG, we have had this conversation before ... did you forget?

I told you that my affection for CP had no baring on my feelings about Vinny ... class act all the way.

I also remember telling you that Vinny's play in 98 was the best I have seen from a Jets QB since Joe Willie

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Aug 24 2003, 11:16 PM
    JG, we have had this conversation before ... did you forget?

I told you that my affection for CP had no baring on my feelings about Vinny ... class act all the way.

I also remember telling you that Vinny's play in 98 was the best I have seen from a Jets QB since Joe Willie
    How could I forget............

Veteran
    I was actually pro-vinny during the switch last year. ...And I think it could go well this year.

Yes, he throws the picks under pressure...but I blame that pressure on an OL that needs to do it's job a LOT better. I don't think they fixed their problems last year, and I'm surprised more people aren't pointing a finger at them yet.

Good luck 'Vin. May you survive longer than the OL's last victim.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Go Vinny Go

Banned
    Originally posted by JerryK@Aug 24 2003, 11:25 PM
    I was actually pro-vinny during the switch last year. ...And I think it could go well this year.

Yes, he throws the picks under pressure...but I blame that pressure on an OL that needs to do it's job a LOT better. I don't think they fixed their problems last year, and I'm surprised more people aren't pointing a finger at them yet.

Good luck 'Vin. May you survive longer than the OL's last victim.
    Jerry ... here's one guy who has been blasting the O-Line on this board since the moment CP hit the deck

IMO, the O-Line {not the Giants and not the Preseason} got our franchise QB massacred last nite ... I have posted that continuously since last nite.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I don't think there's any doubt that all of us, including recently-converted darksiders like myself, wish him well.

He's what we've got. We're still Jets fans. Not much choice, is there?

Kick their butts, Vinny. Show them that you're a whole lot better than I think you are. I'll cheer as loud as anybody.

Maybe louder, because I'll be so surprised.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't just Like Vinny T

I LOVE HIM
    :lol:

GO F--KING JETS

there are 53 men on the roster not one.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by bitonti@Aug 24 2003, 11:34 PM
    I don't just Like Vinny T

I LOVE HIM
    :lol:

GO F--KING JETS

there are 53 men on the roster not one.
    Oh my God Bit..........are you really saying that.......got some good stuff this weekend huh? :lol: :lol: Or maybe...........you're just happy he's going to be earning his money....... :lol: :lol: :lol: or, maybe you're not Bit, who are you and what have you done to Bitonti.......... :blink:

Maxman
    Here is the way that I see it...because of the recent turn of events Vinny will now end up with the All Time Yardage record for passing. Sure he needs 18k more. But how can we bench the SuperBowl MVP? Especially after he led us to a 16 and 0 season?

Go Vinny Go.