Thread: What about QB Jay Feely of Philly?

Hall Of Fame
    Rumor has it, the Jets have contacted Philly.

Found this on a message board:

I was watching NBC10 News tonight and Howard Eskin reported that the Jets have contacted the eagles about Feeley. He said that they are interested in him primarily as a backup for Testaverde and a backup for Pennington when he comes back. He also said that the eagles are asking for a 'high' draft pick or multiple lower round picks.

Eskin is usually right on with what he reports. Has his own website for handicapping games and is a pretty legit guy. I hope this has been somewhat helpful to you guys. I figured I owed you since it was the Jets that beat the packers last year giving the eagles home-field through-out (which they ended up blowing anyway) oh well...

Veteran
    Originally posted by Ray Ray1@Aug 25 2003, 02:43 AM
    Rumor has it, the Jets have contacted Philly.

Found this on a message board:

I was watching NBC10 News tonight and Howard Eskin reported that the Jets have contacted the eagles about Feeley. He said that they are interested in him primarily as a backup for Testaverde and a backup for Pennington when he comes back. He also said that the eagles are asking for a 'high' draft pick or multiple lower round picks.

Eskin is usually right on with what he reports. Has his own website for handicapping games and is a pretty legit guy. I hope this has been somewhat helpful to you guys. I figured I owed you since it was the Jets that beat the packers last year giving the eagles home-field through-out (which they ended up blowing anyway) oh well...
    Feely played great last year,but so did Detmer. So it prob. is more to do with the system and the players they have then Feelys ability. Still would be a solid back up though.

Veteran
    To me not worth throwing away high draft picks..I would go the free agent route first.

Practice Squad
    I like Feeley. If the Jets can get him for a mid round pick I'd do it. This would give us a viable option should Vinny play like his age.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I like Feeley too.

When is Vinny's contract up?

I would rather spend the draft picks on someone who has shown he can play in the league instead of signing the next Rick Mirer.

Feeley would also be a good backup to Chad when Vinny's contract is up.

All League
    Imo, we just need a guy to back up Vinny till Chad comes back after 12 weeks. No need to give away any draft picks. Even if we want to play vinny through the whole season if he's doing a good job, Penningon can sit at #2 behind him for just the rest of this year. 12 weeks is all we need a backup for. Feely is a real good QB that should really be starting somewhere like Dallas or something.

All League
    When is Vinny's contract up?

I'm prettty sure that after this year is over then Vinny has 1 more year.

TomShane
    I think it's Vinny's ball all year long. That said, it would be nice to have Feeley around just in case Vinny can't get it done or gets injured behind what looks to be a surprisingly leaky O-line.

If they want a three and a five- something like that- do it.

Just a thought- We went from a Super Bowl contender to a team that is one snap away from having Brooks Bollinger starting at QB. Does this make Chad the de-facto MVP of the league? lol!

Hall Of Fame
    I like the move because Feely could be our back-up when Vinny leaves, Feely is a good QB that IMO hasn't received his opportunity yet...

Veteran
    Originally posted by 4HCrew@Aug 25 2003, 08:08 AM
    To me not worth throwing away high draft picks..I would go the free agent route first.
    Like who? There ain't nobody out there worth havin'.

Maybe someone of quality will be a salery cap cut, but I wouldn't count on it.

Feeley would be a great player for us to pickup. THe Eagles are going to want a lot for him and I don't blame them. The story on Feely is that he was the starter at Oregon and playing great football until he got hurt and was replaced by Joey Harrington. Of course, Harrington took over and played so well that the coaches at Oregon could not sit him and bring back Feeley. If Feeley did not get injured he could have been a first round pick.

I would welcome him here in a heart beat. The question is whether Bradway can work out a deal to get him.

I will also say that by bringing him in we could be setting ourselves up for a QB controversy once this kid steps on the field. I am only saying this because this kid has a better arm than Chad and would open up the parts of the field that Chad can not attack. You know once the reporters see this guy play they will have a great story sell papers.