Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets will pitch to Malloy

Waterboy
    Herm said on Fox Sports Radio he would be talking to him in the next 2o minutes! Basically said the jets apparent lack of interest was just a smokescreen! What a coup this would be!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    hmm... very interesting indeed

Hall Of Fame
    this is the second post of this act, I guess it's true

realize this though, lawyer wants to start and it would be as f-ed up for us to demote Garnes at this point that it was for the pats to release him, i would love it but it doesn't seem like a fit, but herm is a hell of a motivator and I wouldn't put anything past him

Banned
    What about Garnes? This guy is comfortable in our defense and is ready for the season. Bringing in another new face to our secondary will take another year to learn and get comfortable all over again!!!

Veteran
    Trust me, if you guys get Milloy you will absolutely love the guy. Especially you "leadership/intangibles" types....even I bought into that with Lawyer, he was the man, and I'm still pissed he was cut. I'll be surprised if the Pats players can "get over" his release and rally for a win this week....he was that respected within the locker room.

Not every guy "takes a year to learn system"....come on, that's garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Sep 3 2003, 09:23 AM
    What about Garnes? This guy is comfortable in our defense and is ready for the season. Bringing in another new face to our secondary will take another year to learn and get comfortable all over again!!!
    Apparently Milloy is really good at figuring out defenses and learning systems. That is why he was the captain of Belichick's D and they (as we know) used to swich up game plans almost every week. He'll be fine in green. Garnes is just not the player Milloy is. This would be a significant upgrade and a HUGE acquisition.

Hall Of Fame
    again, I have to admit that i would like to have Lawyer, however if the Jets demoted garnes at this point it would be as bad or worse than the classless move to cut him yesterday by the Pats, Lawyer wants to start, but then again if anyone can convince him to fit in our system and keep him happy it would be Herm

Veteran
    what is classless about starting a more talented guy over a less talented guy? Garnes makes good money, I'm not sure he deserves our tears just because he can't start.

Veteran
    Why all of this new found love for Sam Garnes. Now i think when you can grab a player of Malloys caliber you go for it. Is there a way to get them both on the field at the same time, w/o benchng McGraw?

Waterboy
    Is it not possible that they have Milloy in mind for FS, not SS?

Hall Of Fame
    Since when does "class" matter as much as giving your team its best chance of success? Milloy is BETTER than Garnes, he starts. Garnes is a professional, not a child. He is well-paid. If he doesn't like being benched, he can work on improving. If he outperforms Milloy, believe me, the Jets wouldn't hesitate to bench Milloy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    bottom line can any1 see the JETS weighing in as the high bidder out of a field that includes Danny Snyder, Bills, Saints, Vikings etc - all of those teams NEED him more than we need Lawyer

Herm's discussion is gonna be something along the lines, if you sign with us you will have the best shot at a championship. Not the most money but the best shot. Herm is a fantastic recruiter but im not sure if this is gonna play out... time till tell...

All Pro
    This is a major COUPDEVILLE! holy smoke screen man:o

All Pro
    Buh Bye Tyrone Carter.

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by bitonti@Sep 3 2003, 10:46 AM
    Herm is a fantastic recruiter but im not sure if this is gonna play out...
    True, Herm is a great recruiter, I wonder if Cotrell gets on the phone as well, the players seem to also like him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by bitonti@Sep 3 2003, 10:46 AM

Herm's discussion is gonna be something along the lines, if you sign with us you will have the best shot at a championship.
    If he wanted the best shot at another championship he would have resigned with the Pats at a reduced salary.

This is about the money. Always is, always will be.

Veteran
    Originally posted by bitonti@Sep 3 2003, 12:46 PM
    bottom line can any1 see the JETS weighing in as the high bidder out of a field that includes Danny Snyder, Bills, Saints, Vikings etc - all of those teams NEED him more than we need Lawyer

Herm's discussion is gonna be something along the lines, if you sign with us you will have the best shot at a championship. Not the most money but the best shot. Herm is a fantastic recruiter but im not sure if this is gonna play out... time till tell...
    best shot at a championship....is Herm a comedian now or something, because that's positively laughable.

All Pro
    Originally posted by nejf@Sep 3 2003, 10:45 AM
    Is it not possible that they have Milloy in mind for FS, not SS?
    And bench McGraw? :blink:

All Pro
    Milloy knows the Jets aren't going anywhere with Vinny, it's all about the Benji's.

Veteran
    Are you guys for real? You act like the benching of either Garnes or McGraw is like benching Ronnie Lott and a young John Lynch for God's sake!