Thread: And so it continues......

Practice Squad
    Well up until today I felt ok about things. Not happy, but OK. But now I'm looking at things realistically. EVERY team in the division got better, we got a hell of a lot worse. I really hope we do well this year, but it's not looking good. Terry shoulda taken a chance and paid a little money to Milloy. Worse comes to worse you have 3 good safeties and then you could cut that POS Carter. I'm mad, yet still somewhat optomistic. Let's get this season started already

All League
    wipe your tears...

IF YOU GO TO WAR DOUBTING YOUR WARRIORS YOU"RE GOING TO LOSE THE BATTLE!!!!

BELIEVE

All League
    GJ, you never know until they take the field. Actually, sometimes you don't know until the season is over. Recall last year?

Heady preseason, entire team looks crisp, first team offense scores nearly every time they touch the ball. Vinny looks like 1998 Vinny. Everything is clicking. Superbowl whispers overheard among NFL papparazi.

First game, Jets play a sloppy mess against an improved but still inferior Bills team, and manage a win only by the grace of special teams.

The next month is one of the darkest in Jets history, with some of the most lopsided losses by a Jets team, including a slaughter at the hands of the 'fins, who they've been clobbering for 4 years straight. Vinny looks 50 years old. The defense is doing it's best "swiss cheese" charade-antics. People want Herm fired. People want Hackett drawn and quartered. Just an awful, awful mess.

Herm appoints Chad the QB, the team begins a remarkable turnaround, and in the final month of the season they look alternately awful (Chicago) to positively unstoppable (Green Bay) on the way to a playoff trip where they look positively unstoppable (Indy) and absolutely awful (Oakland).

Who would have predicated that roller coaster ride and the annointing of Chad Pennington?

No one.

So, best bet is to sit back, watch the game Thursday, and digest what you see. Then watch the other teams on Sunday. It will be the first clue, and only a clue, for what we'll see the rest of the season.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by Gainesville Jet@Sep 3 2003, 06:22 PM
    Well up until today I felt ok about things. Not happy, but OK. But now I'm looking at things realistically. EVERY team in the division got better, we got a hell of a lot worse. I really hope we do well this year, but it's not looking good. Terry shoulda taken a chance and paid a little money to Milloy. Worse comes to worse you have 3 good safeties and then you could cut that POS Carter. I'm mad, yet still somewhat optomistic. Let's get this season started already
    I feel your pain Gain, but let's see how tomorrow night plays out - I think we will be just fine!

I have faith in Vinny and the Vets!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: RBSTERN you could not have put it any better......I thought I was the only analytical Jetfreakzoid on this site. I honestly feel that we will beat the skins tommorrow and that this season...be it a tough one will be a success.

Practice Squad
    I agree that we will beat the skins and that we will be alright this year. I am just venting and its depressing when you live with a bills fan to hear him yelling about milloy....i know the jets will be alright, and i believe....GO JETS

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: Gainesville Jet.....I did not know u had a Bills fan in your midst.....now I hear ya.

By the way Go Gators!! I am from Queens NY but I attended UF for a year.....I was actually at the San Jose State Game 65-3 drubbing last weekend. It would be a niiiiice week to have the Jets beat the Skins and the Gators upset the Canes....and we can upset them.

Go Jets-Go Gators

Practice Squad
    Yea I loved Spurrier and now.....not so much. Hate the guy. But yea, I also live with a dolphins fan and eagles fan. So right now I'm trying to hold my own here.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: I am not really a Spurrier guy.......I played football for Mid tenn state then did transfer to UF...I was there when Galen Hall was coach (the good Ole probation years!!&#33 I now live in Orlando and some of my good freinds are fish fans.