Thread: Jamie Martin to be re-signed?

Veteran
    I just heard Jawhorski on ESPN radio saying the Jets cut Martin to avoid having to pay him a full seasons salary of $655,000 but they plan to bring him back in this week to re-join the team. This makes absolutely no sense to me but I'm the first to admit that NFL cap/salary rules are pretty damn complicated. No link obviously since it was a radio interview I heard. I guess we'll see this week if Jaws was right or not.

Maxman
    AirForce...where you been man? LOL. This is true.

I think the gameplan is to waive him again when Chad comes back. If they have him on the team today he is a vested veteran so the cap gets hit for the full amount. This way they can save a few hundred grand against the cap. It is great as long as Vinny doesn't get hurt today. If he does it is real bad.

Also that has to be make Jamie Martin feel real good about life.

All League
    why would martin even resign with jets , im sure he even knows that he'll be gone once chad comes back

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by spjets@Sep 4 2003, 02:43 PM
    why would martin even resign with jets , im sure he even knows that he'll be gone once chad comes back
    I guess it beats washing down the fruit in the produce isle. B)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    LOL jetswin that's a good one :lol:

"hosing down the fruit in the produce aisle"

with your blessing im gonna add that to my stable of "places NFL players go" along with popular timetested favorites

"wearing the brown shorts"

"back to the beer truck"

"joining the square-badgers/rubber guns" (rent-a-cop)

All League
    I don't really look at this as good news. A few of the posters saw him in practice last week, and said he was stinking the place up. I would just as well go with Bollinger.

Hey where is Fred Jetstone? He was a prophet, and said Bollinger would take over for Chad in the early part of the season, and lead the Jets to the promised land

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by bitonti@Sep 4 2003, 02:58 PM
    LOL jetswin that's a good one :lol:

"hosing down the fruit in the produce aisle"

with your blessing im gonna add that to my stable of "places NFL players go" along with popular timetested favorites

"wearing the brown shorts"

"back to the beer truck"

"joining the square-badgers/rubber guns" (rent-a-cop)
    go with it my man....I like your list! :lol:

Veteran
    They waived him because if he is on the roster for the first game on, have to pay him the vet min of $ 655k - by picking him up on Friday - have to pay him for 15 games - avoid the vet min - will pay him like $ 300 or 400k

Waterboy
    Yeah I heard the same thing that this is a Cap move to waive him then signed him again after Thursday game. But what worries me was the reports of the interceptions in practice and lack of knowledge of the offense.