Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Hackett Bashing 2003

All Pro
    Let's consolidate our anger at Hackett onto one thread.

I will start with an email my dad just sent to the NY Jets.

Gun

------------------------------------

As a Jets fan since the first game they ever played in the Polo Grounds, how long are we going to have to put up with the play calling of Coach Hackett costing us games. He did it last year and he did it again tonight. To call that sorry excuse of a play after you burn a timeout is a disgrace. Vinnie may not be Chad, but he deserves better for his 17 years then not trusting him to throw a pass when the game is on the line. We had possession with less then 2 minutes remaining and with all the plays at your possession you can't find one better then that?

I am afraid that as has been the case for the past 43 years, the 2003 season will be a major disappointment. Not because of Vinnie. Not because of the players. And not because of the rest of the coaching staff. It will once again come down to the incompetence of one man-Paul Hackett. God help us if he remains!!!!!!!!&#3 3;!!!!!!!!!

Keith Stanton
    Boca Raton, FL.

Banned
    agree...please let someone else call the plays...for one week! im only asking for one week and if it doesn't come out better, than you do whatever you want, but please, try someone else...PLEASE!

Guns...Bravo for your Dad. He sees things clearly (unlike Woody et al). Hackett must be let go now!!! Lets not wait until were 1-5 and the season is already blown because of his horrible play calling!!!

All Pro
    hey i know the Giants did it a few years back - Fassle took over the play calling and they made the playoffs - there has to be a change

can it be that we don;t have good plays in our playbook???

All Pro
    1. Defense - Yeah they started out rough, gave up some yards, and have holes in their zone so wide you could land a 747 in them, but when it came down to it they played well. The DL impressed me for the most part. We generated a good pash rush, got to the QB many times, forced a fumble, made plays. Our LBs weren't too hot and our secondary needs some work. They gave the offense a chance to win the game and that is what counts.

2. Special Teams - Played very well.

3. Offense - Oh boy. Hackett has to go. I don't care. If Vinny is going to be our QB this season something has to give. Well guess what, Vinny is our QB, so that makes Hackett the weak link. Vinny did fine before that asswipe's arrival to the organization and he was lucky Pennington made him look good last year. His play calling was atrocious tonight. We never went deep...hell Vinny never threw a pass to his left side almost the entire game. 8 guys in the box and you run Lamont Jordan. ROT IN HELL HACKETT.

Banned
    I think that was last year Fossil did that.....anyway, Vinny T will get his 40,000 yard mark by the 8th week of the season.

PS.....Hey, look on the bright side.....at least we have a shot at drafting another DL with our first round pick and have 5 First round picks up front becoming the first and only team with that!!!!

F YOU HACKETT!!!!

All League

All Pro
    Originally posted by Baddniss@Sep 5 2003, 12:30 AM
    Guns...Bravo for your Dad. He sees things clearly (unlike Woody et al). Hackett must be let go now!!! Lets not wait until were 1-5 and the season is already blown because of his horrible play calling!!!
    My dad grew up in Caldwell, NJ and made me the Jets fan I am today despite my Michigan upbringing. He hit the nail right on the head. We showed tonight we're not dead in the water with Chad's injury, but the weak link is Hackett, pure and simple. Nothing has changed in 3 years and I don't think it ever will with him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hackett F uc king Sucks!!! We have seen this same show before. I wish they would tie concrete blocks to his ankles and dump the Bastard in the Potomac.

Veteran
    What an absolute joke of an offensive coordinator we have. I thought one of Vinny's strengths was his arm strength and his ability to throw the ball downfield?? Yet we clearly have a playbook that is ultra-conservative, even too much so for Pennington. WHAT A JOKE! Can we please let Vinny throw a 15 yard pass on 3rd and 10, PLEASE????? The Jets had almost TWO WEEKS to figure out a way to play to Vinny's strength and not Chad's. Clearly they did NOTHING! NOTHING! Unimaginative run plays (that 3rd and 1 was one of the worst plays I have ever seen), short passes, and ultra-conservatism are NOT going to get it done! You don't hear much bellyaching about Hackett when Chad is in there because the short passes play to his strengths, NOT VINNY'S! I think I saw better offensive performances in the RICK MIRER games! I think it shows the quality (or lack thereof) of our opponent to have only lost by a field goal. This CANNOT and WILL NOT stand! If there isn't considerable approvement, PAUL CAN'T HACKETT should be FIRED during the bye week! That is all. Good game from the defense, especially in the 2nd half. Kept the offense in the game.

All Pro
    Hackett gives a bad name to the WCO. All that talk about opening the vertical game up became all the more important when Vinny became the starter. If I am Conway or Moss I am god damn pissed off right now. Swing pass to Sowell, Swing pass to Martin, slant to Chrebet, screen pass to martin. WTF is that. The Foreskins were putting 8 people in the box, 8!!!!! and we're running the ball. Hackett handcuffed a QB that is nortorious for 4th qtr heroics. Don't yell at Vinny....yell at Hackett. I want his head on a god damned pike.

All League
    I didn't even think Moss in the game until the one deep pass we tried.

Didn't we all hear how the JETS are gonna open up the playbook and throw downfield more what a joke. Well if this continues we are in for one of the longest seasons.

Someone might want to tell Herm if you lose a lot of games your chance of being fired increases.I like Herm he just seems like he is blind to alot of things.He might want to open his eyes and see how terrible the play calling was on both sides of the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by hendu24@Sep 5 2003, 12:58 AM

Someone might want to tell Herm if you lose a lot of games your chance of being fired increases.
    He cant get fired. He is in the last year of his contract.

All Pro
    Herm needs to correct this situation, much like Fassel did in Giants land. This is a MAJOR problem for this organization and must be fixed IMMEDIATELY.

BTW I saw Kevin Swayne tonight........................on punt coverage.

All League
    Originally posted by jetman67+Sep 5 2003, 01:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetman67 @ Sep 5 2003, 01:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hendu24@Sep 5 2003, 12:58 AM

Someone might want to tell Herm if you lose a lot of games your chance of being fired increases.
    He cant get fired. He is in the last year of his contract. [/b][/quote]
    You know what I mean and anyone can get fired if we are 0-10 you mean to tell me he can&#39;t get fired.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Very unliklely that he would be fired during the season. Even Kotite wasnt canned mid season and we were 1-15

Maxman
    Someone tell Sooth that he will need to upgrade the drive space on the server. Hackett season has begun.

Practice Squad
    hackett
    paul hackett
    he loses the games
    cuz all his plays are lame
    hackett
    paul hackett
    playoffs could be done
    cuz he calls the wrong run
    hackett
    paul hackett
    you suck

All League
    Ok then he wouldn&#39;t be resigned.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Maxman@Sep 5 2003, 01:04 AM
    Someone tell Sooth that he will need to upgrade the drive space on the server. Hackett season has begun.
    We&#39;re gonna needs a mainframe the size of the USS Nimitz to handle all the Hackett bashing.