Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Day Off??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

According to the JI scoop on the Homepage (yes I read it), Sooth gives us some tidbits on the Jets state of mind and mentions that after practicing on Monday, the players have off on Tuesday!!

WTF?! Was our coaching staff at the game on Thursday? Did they see the complete absence of timing? Did they see Vinnie run into Lamont? Did they see him underthrow all his receivers?

THESE GUYS NEED REPS!!

THEY HAD THE WHOLE F-ING weekend off!!

I just don't get it. Another bad start and our team practices LESS.

<sigh>

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I believe that Tuesdays are usually reserved for coaches film work and scouting the oppositions film to put the game plan together.

They can&#39;t be on the field and in the film room at the same time

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Scott Dierking@Sep 9 2003, 09:16 AM
    I believe that Tuesdays are usually reserved for coaches film work and scouting the oppositions film to put the game plan together.

And this is why having a long week is no advantage to this team.

Film work should have been done over the weekend.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Piper+Sep 9 2003, 09:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Piper @ Sep 9 2003, 09:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Scott Dierking@Sep 9 2003, 09:16 AM

Film work should have been done over the weekend. [/b][/quote]
    What are you going to do film work of? The Dolphins preseason games?

What purpose would that be?

Banned
    During the regular season Tuesday has been the players regular day off for quite awhile. It also happens to be their payday.

It&#39;s a little early to press the panic button.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Scott Dierking+Sep 9 2003, 09:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scott Dierking @ Sep 9 2003, 09:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Piper@Sep 9 2003, 09:19 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Scott Dierking
    @Sep 9 2003, 09:16 AM

What purpose would that be? [/b][/quote]
    They could have at least done the cut ups of the Jets results to see what had gone wrong. And I&#39;m sure they study more than just Miami&#39;s only game this year.

And I&#39;m not pressing the panic button, this team is not prepared to play.

How about having the receivers wear an orange glove on the hand that in front of them so Vinnie knows where to throw&#33;&#33;

I&#39;ll get off it now, I&#39;m just sick of watching a team that doesn&#39;t look prepared, but are so quick to say how fortunate they are to play for HE because he doesn&#39;t practice them too hard.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Piper+Sep 9 2003, 09:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Piper @ Sep 9 2003, 09:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Scott Dierking@Sep 9 2003, 09:34 AM
    Originally posted by -Piper@Sep 9 2003, 09:19 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Scott Dierking
    @Sep 9 2003, 09:16 AM

What purpose would that be?
    They could have at least done the cut ups of the Jets results to see what had gone wrong. And I&#39;m sure they study more than just Miami&#39;s only game this year.

And I&#39;m not pressing the panic button, this team is not prepared to play.

How about having the receivers wear an orange glove on the hand that in front of them so Vinnie knows where to throw&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Orange gloves to a color blind QB would just look brown, wouldn&#39;t they? I&#39;m not sure what color would do any good.

Maybe they oughta try brown pants, for the fans sake. :lol:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    "not prepared to play"

is 31-0 (Patsies) or 21-20 at home against the TExans (11 penalties, 3 turnovers)

not 13-16.

Just cause a team loses doesn&#39;t mean they weren&#39;t prepared to play.

Bottom line, without Penny there is no point of whipping this horse till it bleeds. It may or may not be a winner with existing talent. Riding it hard on a tuesday before the home opener would do nothing, not even stave off the negativity of fans like yourself, Piper.

TomShane

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by TomShane@Sep 9 2003, 10:09 AM
    Most intelligent thing you posted in a while T.S.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by bitonti@Sep 9 2003, 09:55 AM
    "not prepared to play"

is 31-0 (Patsies) or 21-20 at home against the TExans (11 penalties, 3 turnovers)

not 13-16.

Just cause a team loses doesn&#39;t mean they weren&#39;t prepared to play.

Bottom line, without Penny there is no point of whipping this horse till it bleeds. It may or may not be a winner with existing talent. Riding it hard on a tuesday before the home opener would do nothing, not even stave off the negativity of fans like yourself, Piper.
    First of all, the fact that someone else played worse does not make me feel better about the state of my team.

Second of all, I will venture to say that Buffalo and even Houston are better teams than Washington.

But when my QB makes a fundamental error on a key running play, and continually misses or underthrows open receivers, I believe that this offense was not prepared to play a regular season game. Add to it the fumble that we got away with.

And adding reps on Tuesday is a far cry from &#39;riding it hard&#39; espicially when they had a weekend off &#39;so they wouldn&#39;t harp&#39; on the loss

So call it negativity if you like. Players and coaches don&#39;t read these boards, but if they did I&#39;m sure they would feel so good knowing that posters like you have no problem with their lack of execution.

The only thing those other two games you mentioned show me is that we have just played the second weakest team on our schedule and come up empty.

Veteran
    say there tom is that a cooler strapped to the side of that bbq? way to think outside the coals. A players worst enemy is dehydration.. perhaps all the coaching staff needs is some of your creative thinking

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Piper i never said i had no problem with their lack of execution

the bottom line is what to do about it. Its a long NFL season and posters like YOU don&#39;t realize that

(isn&#39;t it fun when we play the "guys like you" game)

hey man lets be honest this team was basically a bottom of the division team prior to Chad&#39;s injury. With Chad&#39;s injury the bottom has fallen out. You are gonna take those guys who have already taken serious hits to their morale, psyche and beat the s**t out of em? Their best player is in a cast and no matter how many extra practices they attend that fact isn&#39;t gonna change.

who are you freakin Ghenghis Khan? People hate PLAYERS COACH&#39;s but no one says boo when the JETS are among the least injured teams in the league come week 16.

We&#39;ve been through the whipping approaches before with Tuna and Groh and all it really yielded was a couple late season collapses.

people love to talk s**t about the BBQ and herm is soft on em - yadda yadda yadda

but when they go out and kick the dolphins ass this week no one says "gee i guess that day off on Tuesday really was a good idea"

TomShane
    HERM FOR JETS CLASS PRESIDENT::

"HERM, THE PLAYERS CHOICE"

Anyone know where Pete Carroll stashed the basketball hoops that were in the parking lot?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by TomShane@Sep 9 2003, 10:25 AM
    HERM FOR JETS CLASS PRESIDENT::

"HERM, THE PLAYERS CHOICE"

Anyone know where Pete Carroll stashed the basketball hoops that were in the parking lot?
    You&#39;re on a roll Bro&#33;&#33;&#33; LMAO&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You know what the most likely characteristic for an unprepared, undisciplined team is?

One of them is penalties. Undisciplined teams usually rip off penalties at an alarming clip.

Anybody where the Jets rank in terms of penalties the last few years?

And, yes, I know the game is not all about penalties or the lack thereof

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by TomShane@Sep 9 2003, 10:09 AM
    Just for my edification-You folks were calling for Herm&#39;s head this off season, correct?

This does not all come from one loss does it?

TomShane
    Originally posted by Scott Dierking+Sep 9 2003, 10:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scott Dierking @ Sep 9 2003, 10:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Sep 9 2003, 10:09 AM
    Just for my edification-You folks were calling for Herm&#39;s head this off season, correct?

This does not all come from one loss does it? [/b][/quote]
    Scott- I, for one, have always been a Herm detractor. He has shut me up on a few occasions, but I have been consistent in my distaste for his loose camps, his lack of game-planning, and his inability to manage a game and the game clock. Yes, he has made the playoffs two years in a row, but I think that Herm&#39;s inability to organize and prepare is going to catch up to this team this year.

Were you objective, you could not tell me that you can honestly look at any game on the Jets schedule and say that Herm has a plan to win it.

Waterboy
    Can you say we are looking at another 1-4 start. Essentially the last 4 days the players have been working for 1 day. What a country club.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I haven&#39;t called for anyones head.

Just more practice.

I am not a fan of Herm, but I don&#39;t call for coaches heads(I may make an exception for Rubin Carter).

And victories count just as much in Sept as they do in Dec.

And we have buff, pitt, NE , and Miami in Dec.