Thread: What's with the Santana photo?

All League
    On the official website they are promoting a Moss event and have this picture. Is he holding an upside-down football? We don't have enough issues this season...they wanna put the whammy on it too?

Now where's that Shula menu football? :lol:

Bitter
    Isn't that the closest that moss has come to a football so far this season?

TomShane
    Santana Moss- Runs the fastest 6-yard dig route in the business.

Freaking Hackett

Bitter
    Originally posted by TomShane@Sep 12 2003, 12:17 AM

Freaking Hackett
    If it's any consolation, Weiss is in my dog house too and I mighht consider trading straight up. :lol: By the way, what's your take on the Husker/Penn St. game this weekend. I know you're a closet Husker fan.

TomShane
    Originally posted by huskeralk+Sep 12 2003, 01:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ Sep 12 2003, 01:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Sep 12 2003, 12:17 AM

Freaking Hackett
    If it&#39;s any consolation, Weiss is in my dog house too and I mighht consider trading straight up. :lol: By the way, what&#39;s your take on the Husker/Penn St. game this weekend. I know you&#39;re a closet Husker fan. [/b][/quote]
    LOL&#33; A closet Husker fan&#33; Me? Ha&#33; (btw, Jamel Lord should be playing split end a la Bobby Newcombe).

Huskers by 21. The game, sad to see, has passed JoePa by. Zach Mills can&#39;t do it all by himself, and the defense is bound to give up 3-4 big plays to the Husker O, regardless of how bad their passing game is.

What do you think?

Bitter
    Originally posted by TomShane@Sep 12 2003, 12:25 AM
    What do you think?
    I think 21 might be pretty generous. I think they&#39;ll win but I&#39;m only seeing maybe by 7. I agree with Lord too. I think he should be either playing Wingback or I Back in our offense. He is probably the best rusher on our team and needs to be on the field at all times but when it comes to throwing, he makes Eric Crouch look like Joe Montana. Solich made a mistake in putting the Daley kid in the game last week. The crowd was chanting his frickin&#39; name and he was dead on with his passes. The offensive coordinator has already made it clear that he needs him at qb to be able to open up his playbook. I&#39;m afraid Lords&#39;s days at QB might be numbered. It would be for the best if he did start running some routes and taking some handoffs. He would be in a better position than Crouch since he would have almost a whole season at the position that he would more than likely play in the NFL.

TomShane
    No Nebraska QB projects to the NFL. I mean, why would they want to play in the NFL when they can do sports highlights on "Omaha2Night"? lol.

The Huskers are a dead squad until Solich leaves. Too bad, too. He seems like a good guy, just in over his head.

Bitter
    Originally posted by TomShane@Sep 12 2003, 12:51 AM
    The Huskers are a dead squad until Solich leaves. Too bad, too. He seems like a good guy, just in over his head.
    I&#39;m not so sure about that anymore. They replaced nearly every coach except for Solich. The defensive coordinator looks well on his way to bringing the blackshirts back and Solich actually stepped down from playcalling duties so things might not be lost just yet.

TomShane
    How have the recruiting classes been the last two years? I have been too busy laughing at Syracuse&#39;s recruiting to check out the national scene.

The recruiting will make-or-break Solich next year, if not this one.

Bitter
    Originally posted by TomShane@Sep 12 2003, 01:03 AM
    How have the recruiting classes been the last two years? I have been too busy laughing at Syracuse&#39;s recruiting to check out the national scene.

The recruiting will make-or-break Solich next year, if not this one.
    It&#39;s hard to say really. This Joe Daley kid looked like the second coming of Tommie Frazier and he&#39;s a true freshman. Their I backs which are usually really strong seem pretty weak so this recruiting class is going to be key. I thought the talent on defense was the problem but the second we brought Pelini in at DC, all of the sudden they look like world beaters again on the defensive side anyway. The offense is simple. We have receivers and TEs that can get open but Lord just can&#39;t make the easy passes. He&#39;ll complete the long ones that will make alot of fans forget about the 5 missed screen passes but not me. I think we bring the freshman in and our offense will start lighting teams up. Unfortunately that&#39;s just not the Nebraska way. Maybe Frank will surprise me this season though.