Thread: ok herm time to make a move...

All League
    ok herm you pulled vinny last year for a spark ..guess what we need a flame right now..please dont let your young linebackers sit and watch a slow and ageing linebacker corp. Its time to pull mo and marvin and give jason glenn and victor hobson some time.. we need there speed badly...abe and shawn cant get to the qb when they gotta stay home to help them... herm please letem play...

All Pro
    jets 80 this is one of the few posts that I agree with today

All League
    its obvious we need the speed no way should we have let fiedler beat us around the corner

Veteran
    jets needed Mo & Marvin to sit last year....

All Pro
    its sad when Fielder rushes for more than Curtis & Lamont

Practice Squad
    Not only that HERM Cmon we are not a playoff caliber team this year without Chad and with him thats all we could be this year--
    a playoff caliber team---------first or second round and out!
    Its about time we look foward.
    Lets get a grasp on reality and do whats best for The NYJs.
    Lets look down the road 2 years OK 3 and have a plan that 3 years from now we should be a AFC rep in the SB.
    So how do we start this process?
    Well first of all we have to come to grips with who we are now.
    Once realizing that, the JETS Front Office and that includes WOODY, has to have some concern and has to give the Jets Fans some respect.
    We know what we are!
    Dont try to BS us anymore.
    Give us a plan.
    I will try to help with some things that should be obvious to professional personnel.
    We are not going to win this year, so why are we playing #s
    55 and 57? They will not be here when this team is ready to take the next step up.
    We may not be ready at those positions unless we groom younger faster players NOW. NOW is the time for these younger guys to get thier feet wet.
    Vinnys contract is a killer. He wont be here either when we are ready.
    Well it looks right now that we will be in a good draft position.
    Thats a great thing ---- It would be a wonderful thing to somehow stockpile some more picks.
    I know thats very hard in the NFL but if there is chance somewhere, please take advantage of it.
    Heres a list of players that next year will have at least 7 years in the league
    29, 21, 6, 80, 81, 72, 42, 55, 57, 28, 11 doesnt count, 68, 75, 24, 74, 33, 4 doesnt count, 79, and # 16.
    Thats 19 players.
    I could be wrong but I counted 18 roster changes from last year.
    Thats a lot of turnover and a lot of turnover to come.
    How can you build a future, excuse me, a positive future with changes, rookies, veterans, seniors, AARP members.
    It cant happen.
    Woody bite the bullet now.
    Tell us.
    Have a plan.
    Get us young greenbloods.
    Heres the best part.
    It will save you money------shortterm.
    I saw the commercial on todays game with Johnny Abe and a kid in a classroom. That kid is probably RIGHT!

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Neil@Sep 14 2003, 09:12 PM
    I saw the commercial on todays game with Johnny Abe and a kid in a classroom. That kid is probably RIGHT!
    I saw that too...and have been haunted by it since.

Veteran
    Right on, Jets80!

All League
    It's gonna take SOMETHING to get this team to do anything this seson. There was no spark at all today. The offense played the whole second half as if they were up 21-10 instead of behind. When DBs are tackling Williams there's a MAJOR problem with the LB corps.

Hobson and Glenn can do no worse, and it's arguably one of the few(only?) units with some good depth rather than just depth.

I wouldn't be so ready to dump Martin just yet. The Jets really couldn't run the ball being behind so much in the game. He's obviously lost a step. Jordan should get more snaps.

What ever great speeches or motivational tools are by the way side, excepting taking playing time from nonhackers.

Bottom line- Pennington's talent during last year's run wallpapered over a world of bad stuff for this team. And when he got hurt, that has all been exposed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Bugg@Sep 14 2003, 09:26 PM

Bottom line- Pennington's talent during last year's run wallpapered over a world of bad stuff for this team. And when he got hurt, that has all been exposed.
    Well said.
    Woody needs to fire everyone and start over. Please don't get a noobie GM and a noobie coach.

All Pro
    Originally posted by jets80@Sep 14 2003, 08:23 PM
    ok herm you pulled vinny last year for a spark ..guess what we need a flame right now..please dont let your young linebackers sit and watch a slow and ageing linebacker corp. Its time to pull mo and marvin and give jason glenn and victor hobson some time.. we need there speed badly...abe and shawn cant get to the qb when they gotta stay home to help them... herm please letem play...
    Not a bad idea. If things continue to go like they have, why not do what we did with Pennington last year, bench some less productive veterans and give the kids their shot to prove what they have. It can't hurt right.