Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which LB's would you start?

Banned
    Looking at game film and stats, I would say that Cowart is not the problem so I would definatly start him. Marvin Jones had a forced fumble and 11 tackles and I saw him active. So that leaves SLO MO. He had 4 tackles and I bearly saw that man. He was non existant and needs to be replaced IMMIDIATLY! Hobson, please play and let this guy retire. I liked MO two years ago, but now its time for change. So it goes like this:

Sam Cowart
    Marvin Jones
    Victer Hobson

All Pro
    Cowart, Anyone but Willowtree Jones (Wright, Cambell, Glenn I don't care) & Hobson.

Herm's blind allegiance to some of these guys is sickening.

Rookie
    I don't think Herm has much of a choice - The LB depth is an issue for the Jets - Jones can still play Middle LB but the major issue is Lewis on the outside. I say we start moving Hobson in a 50/50 rotation with the aim being that Hobson start by game 8 and Lewis be the backup.

I don't think we can look at Campbell, Glenn, etc as reliable starters.

Until we can stop the run, 5 DL might be the way to go.

As for LB, I would start Hobson (see what the kid has got) and Cowart. I would also rotate Jason Glenn in. Cowart hasn't looked so good either.

All Pro
    I would replace Mo with Hobson right now. In a few games, I would then start working Campbell into a rotation with Jones, with the goal that he starts by the last 2-3 games of the season. Then I can see what I have as I prepare for the draft.

But no one from the front office asked me.........

Veteran
    Sorry but I think Marvin Jones is horrible! But then again so is Mo! They ran right up the middle on numerous occasions and Jones was nowhere to be found!

All Pro
    He does have a choice, the back-ups (Hobson, Glenn, Cambell, Wright) CANNOT be worse than what is on the field right now. For example Jamie Henderson, the defense's lone bright spot yesterday, after seeing Mickens get torched constantly they went to Jamie, that seemed to work out fine. After watching Lewis & Jones get scorched we just leave them in. :blink:

Banned
    Anyone but SLOW & SLOWER {i.e. Marvin & Mo}

Practice Squad
    MLB - Kyle Ckifton

OLB - Alex Gordon

OLB - Joe Mott

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Sep 15 2003, 12:44 PM
    Anyone but SLOW & SLOWER {i.e. Marvin & Mo}
    Agreed.

Bench SLOWER now, and then after a couple more games, phase out SLOW.

This would be a bold move, but not unlike the Chad for Vinny move made last year.

Banned
    Cowart is doing a pretty good job so not him. Marvin is not so fast anymore but comes up with a bunch of tackles. MO is just DONE!!! Please put in Hobson RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by pope@Sep 15 2003, 12:39 PM
    He does have a choice, the back-ups (Hobson, Glenn, Cambell, Wright) CANNOT be worse than what is on the field right now. For example Jamie Henderson, the defense's lone bright spot yesterday, after seeing Mickens get torched constantly they went to Jamie, that seemed to work out fine. After watching Lewis & Jones get scorched we just leave them in. :blink:
    yeah Jamie was great on the 3rd down pass interference call wasn't he???

what did he do that was so special, I didn't notice much from him, maybe my seats weren't that good but I was pissed at him, didn't he have a second penalty as well??

Hall Of Fame
    granted I just got home from the game and have seen no highlights or stats but Sam C didn't look too special to me yesterday, he looked slow and out of place at times, but maybe it was just that boiling sun baking my noodle

All Pro

Actually he was, that was a pretty bad call. Did you hear much from Chris Chambers after Henderson came in?

Hall Of Fame
    McGraw SUCKS! Can Henderson play safety?

Also - Mo Lewis needs to be benched or at least start platooning. Jones as well.

All Pro
    5, I also don't understand the love affair with McGraw, the kid so far is average, will he become good, maybe but right now i see nothing special.

All League
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Sep 15 2003, 12:55 PM
    Cowart is doing a pretty good job so not him. Marvin is not so fast anymore but comes up with a bunch of tackles. MO is just DONE!!! Please put in Hobson RIGHT NOW!!!!!
    In spite of his being beaten by the Fish TE, Cowart has played well. 8 tackles against the Skins, 12 tackles and one asst yesterday. He stays

Jones had an acceptable game yesterday. 5 tackles 6 Asst, He sucked against the Skins. 0 tackles. That is unacceptable for a MLB. I just don't see anyone on the team that can play better right now. Should survive the season and hopefully replaced next year.

Lewis. Stick a fork in him. Moe Lewis is arguably the best LB to play for the Jets. His time has come and gone. 3 tackles against the Skins, 3 tackles and 1 asst yesterday. Hobson had no tackles yesterday. I didn't even see him on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by pope@Sep 15 2003, 12:22 PM
    5, I also don't understand the love affair with McGraw, the kid so far is average, will he become good, maybe but right now i see nothing special.
    I agree. There were at least two distinct times that Garnes had to bail him out yesterday because McGraw's angles were horrible. Garnes would come all the way over and get there before McGraw.

He's aggressive and clearly not afraid to lay a stick on someone...he's just not that disciplined and he's just not great in coverage... = raw as hell!

I have seen nothing from him, although he is young. Assuming that he was "ready" MAY have been a mistake. I shudder at the thought of Damiein back there, but....

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by pope@Sep 15 2003, 01:05 PM

Actually he was, that was a pretty bad call. Did you hear much from Chris Chambers after Henderson came in?
    didn't have the benefit of replay live, or at least I missed it on the screen and missed it live, all I know is that the call, valid or not, hurt us ugly

I was surprised to see micken get beat by chanbers though he was our best cover guy last year and i was disappointed in his game yesterday

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by jets5ever@Sep 15 2003, 01:47 PM

I have seen nothing from him, although he is young. Assuming that he was "ready" MAY have been a mistake. I shudder at the thought of Damiein back there, but....
    lay off McGraw, he may not be as ready as we thought but you're right on about him still being better and chaeper than D-rob!!! He will come around give em time