Thread: NFL's Loser Olympic medals awarded....

All League
    The Jets start has been tough, but before fans start thinking the Jets can't get any worse, check this list:

Gold Medal: Arizona Cardinals --I was literally ROTFLMAO when I saw press reports of the "improved Cardinals" making a run this off-season....Did any sane person really think (are you yahoos at ESPN listening?) E.Smith, Jeff Blake, Dexter "one big game" Jackson and Jets reject James Darling would do the trick?.......Only 23,000 at their opener yesterday.........All those fans that remember the USFL might get a bit nostalgic when those crowds, hopefully, drop below 10,000

Silver Medal:San Deigo Chargers --This thing maybe ready to explode after 2 blowouts, as it seems that weirdo WR David Boston is ready to flip out and useless Marty Schottenheimer will soon be run out of town....This team has decent talent, but can't stop the run at all....Considering the cumbersome Boston deal and the terrible DT's and starting MLB, this team could be worse off than Jets this season.

Bronze Medal:Chicago Bears --Decimated by injuries on their O-line. Had the Vikings QB not pulled "a Rob Johnson" and fumbled the ball all the place last night, Chicago would've gotten beat by at least 30 points. That follows a huge loss to the Niners in week one.

Honarable Mention:

Jacksonville Jaguars --How soon before Leftwich starts? I mean, do they have anything to lose, now that they have barely any fans at their games?.....Jack Del Rio was an NFL "overachiever" as a player, but is surronded by a bunch of overpaid "underachieving" players, and that's a bad mix....Del Rio, I believe, may be the "least qualified" coach in the NFL......Please don't mix up Herm with this clown :lol:

Cinncinati Bengals --Any way you look at it, they're still the Bengals until proven otherwise

Veteran
    It's very easy to smirk at those less fortunate, but at least the Bengals were in their game the other night.

As it stands, Jets fans have no right to take the p*ss out of anybody.

All League
    Originally posted by infoxicated@Sep 15 2003, 03:52 PM
    It's very easy to smirk at those less fortunate, but at least the Bengals were in their game the other night.

As it stands, Jets fans have no right to take the p*ss out of anybody.
    I don't think I'm doing that all. Those that know me well around here, know that I tend to be pretty objective.

My main objective was to point out the fact that the Jets were far from the worst team in the NFL. The Jets really could've won that game in DC and made a nice effort in the second half yesterday to mount a nice comeback attempt.

The first couple teams I listed really haven't been very competive at all and, worse yet, have some huge off the field issues.......As far as Cincy coming close yesterday, that's par for the course: The Bengals have a long and proud history of playing "well enough to win" or "winning in December", but always wind up being awful.

Jets fans could be in for a tough season, that became all too likely after Brandon Short put out the teams #1 QB. However, I don't see it as "hopeless"....... at least not yet :unsure:

Banned
    Riggins, the Bengals played the Raiders closer than you guys did last year...

Rookie
    Don't the Eagles deserve an honorable mention right now? Granted they're in the middle of a crisis with 100 defensive injuries and a major QB slump, but it's been crazy seeing how over the top the local pundits and fans I'm friends with are. Makes this board seem like a happy-go-lucky paradise.

I personally think they'll turn it around once Reid gets them to buy into that "us vs. the world" thing what with the media (led by the local blowhards) coming down hard on them, or McNabb realizes he used to actually hit open receivers once upon a time. Whichever comes first.

But right now, they have to be more embarassed than almost any team on that list given the expectations they had going in. Nobody expected jack from the Bears or Cardinals.

Veteran
    I don't see it as hopeless either. In fact, Vinny isn't sucking like I thought he would, so the fact that we cant run the ball is simply tragic.

Even so - when a team can rack up 20 points on you, it makes it that much harder for the offense to do anything about it. I just thought that after three years of the same old excuses from the coaches, people on here would stop BS'ing about how great a motivator is, how he'll win the superbowl as the coach of the Jets.

Any and all of the "respect" that parcells instilled in this franchise is ebbing away as the Herman Edwards years tick by. It's embarrasing watching him on the sidelines, all glassy eyed without a clue in the world. His idea of being radical is going for it on 4th down, not benching Lewis and bringing on Hobson against the run like he should have done. He gets all the props in the world for benching Vinny and bringing on Chad last year, but that was the biggest no-brainer in the history of this franchise.

I'm sorry, but while this team is a joke, I cant allow myself to laugh at the misfortune of other teams.

All League
    Actually, I think you make some salient points infoxicated, but I disagree with on one point: A couple of these teams do deserve to be laughed at....I mean, when you do such a bad job constructing a team and are getting paid a lot of money to do it, that's pathetic (Arizona, Jax and S.D).

The folks in Arizona and Jacksonville are basically disavowing their franchises by staying away in large numbers....I can't help it, but I find Arizona a total joke and ESPN a bigger joke for plugging them all the time in the off-season.....Come on, 8,000 fans at an NFL game (could happen soon)? How cool would that be*?

Jet Set, I considered Philly. My list really revolves around totaly helpless teams that have little shot at turning it around and seem to "falling apart" off the field too. Philly's in a tough spot, but their division isn't great, so 9-7 could --possibly -- get them a playoff spot.

Jared, you can&#39;t be comparing the Super Bowl Raiders to these Raiders, are you <_< .....I get your point, but Cinncy, like I said, will stink to until they don&#39;t stink :blink:

*Watch, Taglibue will blew it: When the Cards crowds start falling to around 10,000, Tags will order the team to "give away" tickets....that might not help either :o

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by Jared@Sep 15 2003, 04:49 PM
    Riggins, the Bengals played the Raiders closer than you guys did last year...
    and your point is???

We played the Bills closer than you did last year too...