Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Pick

Practice Squad
    I'm not starting this to say that the season is over, I'm just curious what you guys and girls think should be the Jets pick. As for myself I have stated it before I think we should go after one of the Williams WR's, the guy from washington is legit, I don't know if William from USC can come out I think he mioght be a true sophmore so look up Clarrett, but the man we should get for Chad to hook up with is Roy Williams, he's huge, I mean the FO owes Chad that much, they let go L. Coles and yes he's a moron spitting out stupidity about how we didn;t appreciate him, but goddamn!!! you gotta tell the truth he looks rediculously fast, I hate to admit it but he is going to make Ramsey really good, we owe chad a big no 1 WR, we haven't had one since Key and I think since we have a cornerstone QB we could just like the lions and texans did and give our young QB a WR that will grow and bond with him, last thoughts, Chad + NO. 1= a potent offense, I know that we need LB's but I would like to have a powerful offense like the old Rams.

Banned
    Your not giving up but your already thinking about draft picks?!?

Id hate to see you actully give up <_<

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by THE BURG22@Sep 15 2003, 04:50 PM

but the man we should get for Chad to hook up with is Roy Williams, he&#39;s huge, I mean the FO owes Chad that much, they let go L. Coles

Roy Williams could possibly be the number 1 overall pick next year.

And your not giving up on the season?

Banned
    Do me a favor and just give up already.The suspense of what you might do if you happen to give up is killing me. :lol: <_<

Brenjetsfan
    PLEASE pick Cris Perry that BOY is AWESOME......hey the jets pick a lot of guys from Michigan ....ya never know....

Rookie
    First pick wide reciever easily (or if there is a legitimate number one in free agency (not a over the hill type *cough* conway *cough*)... after that defensive speed. Look at the bucs D; yes a bunch of them are high draft picks but there are always players there that dominate and werent high picks (Damien Robison was one).... some nice quick linebackers in the 2nd and 3rd and trade up for picks&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Jets maybe lucky...I closely follow the TFY Draft Preview because 1) they are great draft analysts and 2) I believe the main guy is a Jets fan.

Anyway I asked a question on the board about the strength of next year&#39;s draft and the response I got was "great year for big receivers and outside linebackers, which should make a team like the NY Jets very happy."

All League
    Sure don&#39;t hope we get to use the #1 pick in the draft. I&#39;m still hoping it will be more toward the end. At that point I would like to see them get a mean spirited monster guard.

If ya can&#39;t run, you can&#39;t win.

Practice Squad
    Who really cares whether the Jets draft high or not? Look at their recent history. They draft Keyshawn Johnson numero uno, only to lose him to Tampa Bay. They trade down from the 1st pick (which should&#39;ve been Orlando Pace) and get James Farrior, Leon Johnson and Terry Day. There&#39;s an old adage; "you may regret what you wish for".

Veteran
    We&#39;ve just spent the past 7 months getting excited about the draft and then the regular season.
    I CAN NOT devote any energy (except this message) about the draft.

All Pro
    It seems that WR, CB and LB are the deepest positions. DT looks good but not as good as the last two years. For Guards, Shell and Starks from florida, Peterman from LSU, Carey from Miami, Hightower from A&M.

The jets should be able to get one of those in the 2nd. not tow many guards ever get picked in the first. Naole from the Saints I think was the last one.
    I think the jets have to go CB and LB big time next year. Two of each IMO.

All Pro
    1RND......Winslow JR.
    2RND.......Best Available LB (Draft is stocked with good LB&#39;s)

Banned
    Kellen Winslow JR

Banned
    Originally posted by pope@Sep 15 2003, 06:05 PM
    1RND......Winslow JR.
    2RND.......Best Available LB (Draft is stocked with good LB&#39;s)
    Pope, we typed that at the exact same time ... 6:05

Banned
    FA ... OG

Rd 1 ~ TE Kellen Winslow JR

Rds 2-7 ~ LB&#39;s, DB&#39;s and WR&#39;s

All Pro
    And we both wanted Winslow

Undrafted Free Agent
    WINSLOW JR.... bye bye i get knocked off my route Becht :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All League
    If any dominant defensive player in linebacker is availabe we have to pick there first-we have not had a real good defense since the Sack exchange years
    As the hated Giant fans know at least with a good defense it keeps you in the game and gives you a chance to win week in and week out.

Still I will never give up hope on always rooting for the Jets

Rookie
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Sep 15 2003, 06:05 PM
    Kellen Winslow JR
    I think Kellen Winslow Jr is probably gonna go on to the NFL and be a great pro as long as one thing doesn&#39;t happen.

And that one thing would be GETTING PICKED BY THE JETS.

Since our last decent TE pick { 1978 M.Shuler } we&#39;ve had NO / NADA / ZIPPO luck drafting at that position so I see no reason to feel confident that Winslow&#39;s gonna reverse a quarter century of misfortune, With our luck if we took him he&#39;d turn into the next Johnny Mitchell.

We&#39;ve tried it with #1&#39;s before: Mitchell / Brady / Becht - and never gotten anywhere for an extended period of time.

We&#39;ve tried drafting our TE&#39;s in later rounds { 9 of them since 1978 } and never in 26 years have we been able to get a quality one.

So.....pick up a serviceable free agent TE from somewhere and if you can&#39;t get close enough to the top for one of the Williams R&#39;s.....then hope for OLB Karlos Dansby - Auburn...........and............Watch Winslow turn into somebody elses All Pro.

All Pro
    Who are the shutdown corners of today&#39;s NCAA?