Thread: more brilliant Bradway moves

Practice Squad
    Cutting Albert Johnson and replacing him with 34 yr old Michael Bates. All Bates did on Sunday was let a kickoff go thru his legs and worst of all - penalized for off-sides on a punt - which is a rarely called.
    Signing all-world Jacoby Shepard who was penalized in the 4th qtr for blocking from behind on a Moss punt return.
    Where does Bradway get all these losers? He must love shopping at the
    99 cent stores.

Jamie Henderson was the one who made the block in the back. Just thought I'd shed some light. The Bates move is killer at the moment but it could be better down the line.. he did have a nice return yesterday.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by The Sowell Train@Sep 15 2003, 05:42 PM
    Jamie Henderson was the one who made the block in the back. Just thought I'd shed some light. The Bates move is killer at the moment but it could be better down the line.. he did have a nice return yesterday.
    You're definitely wrong about Jamie Henderson. He was called for pass interference against McMichael on a 3rd down play in the 4th qtr. He reached over the guy's shoulder trying to break up the pass from Fiedler.
    Don't you remember he went off to the sidelines shaking his head - and also CBS showed a replay and confirmed that indeed it was the right call.
    Jacoby Shepard was called for blocking a Miami defender on a Santana Moss return (in the 4th qtr) and it set us back to around the 25 yard line (instead of having the ball near midfield.

All i know the ref said that the flag was on #23, and unless I've gone retarded Jamie Henderson is #23.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by The Sowell Train@Sep 15 2003, 05:53 PM
    All i know the ref said that the flag was on #23, and unless I've gone retarded Jamie Henderson is #23.
    SowellTrain:
    You're absolutely right and I was wrong. Here's the line:

4-6-MIA19 (4:29) M.Royals punts 44 yards to NYJ 37, Center-S.McDermott. S.Moss pushed ob at NYJ 38 for 1 yard.
    PENALTY on NYJ-J.Henderson, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at NYJ 38.

Takes a big man to prove another right... thanks.

*Nope Im wrong nevermind *

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

official called the wrong # - it was 32 not 23 who committed the penalty

Hall Of Fame
    regardless, those of us at the game heard 23 and believed it was 23, even if it was actually another player, the flag was charged to #23

Originally posted by cradle2theJets+Sep 15 2003, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cradle2theJets @ Sep 15 2003, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Sowell Train@Sep 15 2003, 05:42 PM
    Jamie Henderson was the one who made the block in the back. Just thought I&#39;d shed some light. The Bates move is killer at the moment but it could be better down the line.. he did have a nice return yesterday.
    You&#39;re definitely wrong about Jamie Henderson. He was called for pass interference against McMichael on a 3rd down play in the 4th qtr. He reached over the guy&#39;s shoulder trying to break up the pass from Fiedler.
    Don&#39;t you remember he went off to the sidelines shaking his head - and also CBS showed a replay and confirmed that indeed it was the right call.
    Jacoby Shepard was called for blocking a Miami defender on a Santana Moss return (in the 4th qtr) and it set us back to around the 25 yard line (instead of having the ball near midfield. [/b][/quote]
    Actually that was a bad call on Henderson because he has five yards to jam and impede the reciever and he did so within the 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. So it was just a bad break/call. I thought he played well.

Rookie
    for what its worth, and i don;t think it really matters, I do remember the number being called wrong, they originally called 23, but the announcers all said they must have meant 32, they showed the replay and it was 32, but hey the announcers may also have been wrong, or maybe they both screwed up?

Maxman
    They read Henderson&#39;s # for the penalty. But it was # 32 who actually committed the penalty. Sheperd got off for free on that one.

Banned
    Originally posted by The Sowell Train@Sep 15 2003, 05:53 PM
    All i know the ref said that the flag was on #23, and unless I&#39;ve gone retarded Jamie Henderson is #23.
    It was 32 not 23....

Damn Refs messing up their numbers.