Thread: Why Curtis can't run the ball

Veteran
    It is simple. Do you see all the draws and pitches that Curtis runs. I don't even see Jerald Sowell in the backfield half of the time. We need to use a fullback in there with Curtis and run to the strong side which is the left side with Fabini and Szott. Simple as that. If Curtis can't execute put Jordan in there, or even Santana Moss. Who cares anymore.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Minkaveli@Sep 16 2003, 01:58 PM
    It is simple. Do you see all the draws and pitches that Curtis runs. I don't even see Jerald Sowell in the backfield half of the time. We need to use a fullback in there with Curtis and run to the strong side which is the left side with Fabini and Szott. Simple as that. If Curtis can't execute put Jordan in there, or even Santana Moss. Who cares anymore.
    Cant happen.Backfield is already to crowded with the other teams
    D-lineman!

All League
    put this up as a topic yesterday.. we cant fin-s em so line up jordan and curtis in the back field and smash it right up between kevin and szott...

Veteran
    If only the coaching staff were reading this right now!

All League
    Draws, Pitches, all these ELABORATE hand offs the Jets use....These are how a NON-PHYSICAL, FINESSE TEAM runs the ball. How about instead of having our QB performing Ballets behind the line before doing some strange sweeping handoff or Toss, we line our RB 4 yards back (instead of 10), have the QB turn around and just HAND MARTIN/JORDAN THE FREAKIN' BALL! DId Fiedler use any elaborate handoffs or whatever to Williams? No, he hands him the ball and Williams just smashes it upfield. I know we don't have Williams, but I could see just having Jordan run simple sprints and off-tackle runs. He may only get 2-3 yards a pop mostly, but on occasion, a seam opens up and he'd get 10-15 yards. ALso, it would help PA a lot more than that start-to-the-left-hand-off-to-the-right-counter trash. Hey, at least Vinny would probably hand off to the proper side...

Rookie
    It's 'cause Hackett's still calling the plays like as if Chad was in there. At least Chad is convincing with his play action.

Waterboy
    You guys are right, the hand offs are too deep, not quick hitters, and Vinnie's play action is not Chad's, why can't Hackett figure this out?

All Pro
    Guys, if the passing game versus Miami is an indication of things to come i.e. Vinny clicking w/ some Wrs and being able to throw downfield, defenses will not put 8 in the box any more. The running game will pick up. The key improvement we need is to improve in the redzone. Vin has to sstart converting inside the 20.