Thread: Off Topic

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I am designing my new website My Webpage

I want to add a few things such as mortgage calculators etc. I located one today that will work well. The problem is how to I add it to my page other than a link so it has the same background etc as the rest of the site.

All Pro
    WOW jetman67 you goin wall steet on me dude? BTW will you be at the game next week..I heard you didnt drink enough! I remember you said you were giving up drinking :o something to that effect..is that true jetman67

dude I gotta show you the pic of me and Santana moss/Donnie abraham/jetgirl/gang green girl and of course you jetman67! all I have are prints, they look good..trying to get them on a CD..I made a blunder in Georgia last weekend when I had them developed! :o

To be honest I was upset because the game was being showen and I couldn`t see the damm thing all the way just bits and pieces...I believe thats why we lost..not to fear man! we gonna let the dawgs! loose this weekend!
    ----------------------
    HEY ref didn`t you see that! MY Qb, I mean our QB got killed but Ithink we`re gonna make it tho! "JET BALL IS NOW DAMM IT"

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Originally posted by jetman67@Sep 19 2003, 09:41 PM
    I am designing my new website My Webpage

I want to add a few things such as mortgage calculators etc. I located one today that will work well. The problem is how to I add it to my page other than a link so it has the same background etc as the rest of the site.
    Start by putting that drunked picture of yourself right at the top.

Veteran
    Jetman, if you show me where the calculator is I'll take a look at it and see how easy it would be to get it on the site. If it's javascript then it's no problem, but if it's something more exotic it would depend on your server.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Infoxicated,

Here is a link to the calculator. Link I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

JON

Veteran
    That seems to do something server side, although I don't think it's really necessary. Could do something in Javascript that you just stick in a page.

Give me an hour or so...

EDIT: Hey, it's occurred to me that I don't have a clue how these figures are arrived at!

Any idea what sort of calculations are going on there?

Making the thing is pretty simple aft er that...

Hey, I found another one here : http://www.interest.com/hugh/calc/msimple_js.html

Would that work instead? (easier to borrow)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That one is BETTER!!! I owe you one!!!

Veteran
    Cool!

If you need any help formatting it (i.e. making it look prettier&#33 then just say the word - I spend most of my time at work making forms look pretty for content managment systems I make, so it's a walk in the park

Veteran
    In case you didn't get my PM, that one I pointed out above is totally screwed - the code is all over the place and will wreck your site if you try to use it. :o

I re-wrote the HTML here for you : http://www.infoxicated.com/mort_calc.html

Give it a blast, hope it's what you're looking for

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thanks alot Fox!!! It is great. I definately owe you one!!! I just got in. Great day signed 3 listings.

Veteran
    Glad it does the job