Thread: MAWAE SUCKS

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Catching passes is definately not his Forte!! It was kinda funny

All League
    it was a great play , but a big man like that cant extend his arms,

The deep reciever on that play was wide open behind everybody.

Can't blame your center for not making a difficult grab (Although Jumbo woulda caught it) HaHa!

The holder made the wrong throw.

Another bad break or another example of bad coaching?

We just don't look prepared.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Ithink BRENDA heard me scream all the way from BRADLEY BEACH to where she was at gillette stadium MAWAE (YOU STINK ) AS A REC. ALSO..

It really didn't matter.

If you watch the replay, Mawae would have had to run about 10 yards thru a few Pats defenders. Wasn't gonna happen......

Jetman67- Still got your bag at home,.......or will you be making a new one?

Flying Elvis, I could of sworn Mawae had the 1st down where he missed the ball, and Im definetly positive he wasnt 10 yards away from the marker!

Originally posted by The Sowell Train@Sep 21 2003, 08:43 PM
    Flying Elvis, I could of sworn Mawae had the 1st down where he missed the ball, and Im definetly positive he wasnt 10 yards away from the marker!
    You might be right.

I wasn't thinking about the first down (DOH&#33 , but was talking about him running it into the endzone.

My bad.......

Practice Squad
    Yup. It was 4th and 2... he was definately past the marker.

Banned
    Seeing Troy Brown come off the corner at the 'qb' was impressive.

Herm should learn to take the points instead of throwing to an offensive lineman.

Rookie
    Would it have killed Herm to line up Chris Baker at the wing spot to have a pass catcher making that play?? "He caught it in practice" doesn't do it for me.

Bitter
    That play scared the crap out of me. In the back of my mind, I thought they were going to try a fake but when they actually did it caught me off guard. It was a gutsy call by Herm that's for sure.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Sooth called that play. He'd been watching them practice it this week at Hofstra and sure enough they tried it. Bad spot for that call, though. We coulda used that 3pts.

Bitter
    Speaking of Mawae, I'm not trying to start anything but is he known as a dirty player? The play where Washington fractured his leg, he had his legs trapped underneath a player and Mawae appeared to contnue driving Washington backwards well beyond the point of necessary. I realize that every team has dirty players so I was just wondering. That play had me seriously heated.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

nothing wrong with the play but call it on second down so if you throw it to a guy not known for catching a ball and he drops it come back on 3rd and throw it to a receiver who`ll catch it.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Sep 22 2003, 04:27 AM
    nothing wrong with the play but call it on second down so if you throw it to a guy not known for catching a ball and he drops it come back on 3rd and throw it to a receiver who`ll catch it.
    never seen a fake field goal on second down joisey?????

what's up with that???