Thread: Car alarms

Veteran
    Can we outlaw these things?There is one that has been going off outside my window since three am.And when is the last time someone called the cops to report a break in because they heard one of these foolish things. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Rookie
    Sorry, that was me I'll turn it off when I get up.

You should shoot out the guy's windows with a bb gun.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Gibby@Sep 28 2003, 07:00 AM
    Can we outlaw these things?There is one that has been going off outside my window since three am.And when is the last time someone called the cops to report a break in because they heard one of these foolish things. :<!--emo&Angry:--><!--endemo-->
    The night of the hurricane last week, I had one that went off every 10 minutes or so. That was NOT a good night's sleep...

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Just a little tangent here, but I thought this was interesting. Got a ride back to the job yesterday from a cop friend I saw at the Irish Festival. He's on the stolen car detail here in JC. I was surprised to find out, that in such a large city as this, there is ONE Low-Jack equiped vehicle. Even that is an old vehicle and is often out of service. Seems to me those commercials aren't all that true. You might want to check with your local PD if you're considering getting that service.

All League
    Jumba....
    Isnt it ironic?
    In small towns every car has Lojack and the cops would love to get a "hit" on one and track it.
    But in the big cities, where every car winds up, no cars have lojack, AND the cops are too busy to worry about the signals it gives off even if they do have an equipped car.
    I work in the Auto Theft Task Force in a NJ city larger than JC and we dont have lojack in 1 vehicle..

All League
    NYPD might have in each boro command an Auto Larceny Task Force unit with one lojack unit. There are none in any precincts. And the dirty secret is that car theft is treated as a low priority crime by most police departments and DA's offices. The Club might actually be your best bet, since even though it can be defeated, it takes time and is too much trouble for most car thieves.

All League
    Personally, I like when the thief leaves the "club" in the parking spot vacated by your auto, just to let you know it didnt stop him...

All League
    Heck, do what I do-don't have a nice car. In the Norheast/NYC area, ther really is no point. Your car depreciates like crazy. Put your money in your house.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Bugg@Sep 28 2003, 10:11 AM
    Heck, do what I do-don't have a nice car. In the Norheast/NYC area, ther really is no point. Your car depreciates like crazy. Put your money in your house.
    spoken like a true player