Thread: Low Budget Free Agents

Rookie
    Are there any low budget FA coming out next year - Since the Jets are going to be carrying something like 10 million in dead money - they can't afford much. I know Dhani Jones will be a FA but don't know if he'll be too expensive.

Don't think we'll be in the hunt for anyone other than reclamation projects andor backups looking for a starting opportunity.

Luckily, Bradway has a lot of experience drafting low budget guys...Just curious, to see if any guys will be available... Cause TO won't be seeing a Jets uni. next year.

Practice Squad
    He isn't going to come cheap but I would love to get CB Antonie Winfield from the Bills. This guy is the best tackling CB in the league and is a good cover guy. He will be a lot cheaper then Champ Bailey or Charles Woodsen.

Maybe if Bradway could put together a good draft then he would not have to look for cheap free agents!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!

All League
    I would like to see us grab the Dolphins lineman Jaime Nails. He can come relatively cheap, and opens up holes for Ricky Williams.

Banned
    LB Nate Webster, would be a great replacement for Marvin Jones. Never got to start in Tampa because of his bad attitude when he came into the league in 2000 at the extremely young age of 20(He was ineligble, so the NFL let him in the draft).

Great speed, very good leader, is meaner than a junkyard dog who hasn't eaten in a week.

This guy would be a FA find. Knows the system ever since his days at Miami.

To really describe him, he's a mini-Ray Lewis but is faster. The JETS could give him a 4-5 year deal worth about 7-10 million.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I don't know how low budget these two young players are going to be but Tai Streets and Darrell Jackson are both going to be free agents. Remember The Jets entertained going after the both of them when we are on the verge of not matching Coles offer sheet. Both Streets and Jackson are young wideouts with experience playing in the west coast offense. They are better than Chrebet and Conway, I'll tell you that much.

I haven't really been looking at 2004 free agent lists because i have been focusing on the season that is in front of us.

Banned
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 3 2003, 06:47 PM
    I don't know how low budget these two young players are going to be but Tai Streets and Darrell Jackson are both going to be free agents. Remember The Jets entertained going after the both of them when we are on the verge of not matching Coles offer sheet. Both Streets and Jackson are young wideouts with experience playing in the west coast offense. They are better than Chrebet and Conway, I'll tell you that much.

I haven't really been looking at 2004 free agent lists because i have been focusing on the season that is in front of us.
    Jackson actually signed a long term extension with the Seakhawks and I think the JETS should start going on home grown talent, I believe they have every intentin on drafting a Wide Reciever in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Also, look for the 49ers to sign Streets if they can't Owens.

Rookie
    But we know we're not going to be able to fill every hole through the draft. nowadays you fill your holes through a combination of draft and free agency.

Our LB depth doesn't have much "quality" youth, our offensive line or CB's for that matter.

No way will we be able to fill all them thar holes.

Banned
    Originally posted by GreenwithNV@Oct 3 2003, 07:18 PM
    But we know we're not going to be able to fill every hole through the draft. nowadays you fill your holes through a combination of draft and free agency.

Our LB depth doesn't have much "quality" youth, our offensive line or CB's for that matter.

No way will we be able to fill all them thar holes.
    If your smart with the Draft, yes you can. The JETS I think will trade down to get more 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Now if the JETS finish off with say a 5-11 or 6-10 record, the JETS will have a high pick in the 2nd round that could be an immediate starter for the team.

Also look for the JETS to sign good, cheap, and players through FA, like Matt Stinchcomb, Nate Webster, or Cosey Coleman.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It sucks that we are looking around for a franchise WR.....we had one already&#33;&#33; <_<

WE draft another "Coles" and he won&#39;t be resigned after 3 years....what a joke&#33; Angry

Rookie
    No what sucks is that we draft a guy high in the first round, give him a long term top dollar contract and then have to hope he makes it in the NFL> That said, I was and am Okay with not signing Coles to the contract tendered by Snyder.

"To really describe him, he&#39;s a mini-Ray Lewis but is faster. The JETS could give him a 4-5 year deal worth about 7-10 million". Are you kidding me &#036;30-50M for a backup who has never proven anything in the NFL. Maybe more like 3-&#036;4M a year for three years.

Banned
    Originally posted by star95@Oct 4 2003, 08:50 PM
    "To really describe him, he&#39;s a mini-Ray Lewis but is faster. The JETS could give him a 4-5 year deal worth about 7-10 million". Are you kidding me &#036;30-50M for a backup who has never proven anything in the NFL. Maybe more like 3-&#036;4M a year for three years.
    I didn&#39;t say 30-50million I said a 7-10 million contract over 4 or 5 years not a year. Its a fair contract which will be like 1.5 mill a year.

Webster is only 24 now.