Chrebet---2.8 million
    Conway--1.5 million
    Josh Evans--1.9 million
    Marvin Jones--1.65 million
    Mo Lewis--1.5 million
    Ray Mickens--1.0 million
    Dave Szott--1.7 million
    Testaverde--4.0 million

These numbers are on ganggreen.com. All 2004 salaries. It is hard to say what some of the cap hits would be if released before june 1st or after that day to spread some of the hit to 2005. Without knowing that the following have to go. Beasley,Conway Jones,Lewis and Szott. Don't care what the hit is just don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Time to get a more athletic team.

Banned
    Conway, Beasely, Jones, Lewis, Cowart, Szott are all gone. No way do the JETS pick up Cowarts 5mill option after the season with the way he's playing.

Evans, Chrebet, and Testaverde are probably going to stay.

I know Evans is a lock to stay, Chrebet as an 80% chance of staying, and Testaverde is only staying becauseof his salary.

Look for the JETS to restructure Martin and Mawaes contracts.

All League
    I don't think Testaverde stays. I think that (with between 12-15 million projected under the cap for next season) that they would want to get him off the books while they still can (without losing Pennington, Abaham, and Ellis).

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by dwhite@Oct 5 2003, 03:30 PM
    Aaron Beasley--1.45 million
    Chrebet---2.8 million
    Conway--1.5 million
    Josh Evans--1.9 million
    Marvin Jones--1.65 million
    Mo Lewis--1.5 million
    Ray Mickens--1.0 million
    Dave Szott--1.7 million
    Testaverde--4.0 million

These numbers are on ganggreen.com. All 2004 salaries. It is hard to say what some of the cap hits would be if released before june 1st or after that day to spread some of the hit to 2005. Without knowing that the following have to go. Beasley,Conway Jones,Lewis and Szott. Don't care what the hit is just don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Time to get a more athletic team.
    Of that group, Believe it or not, The only guy that I wanna keep is Josh Evans. He's still young, is a leader on the field(not off) and a damn good football player.

The problem with letting guys go is dead money. You let a guy like Lewis or Jones go and you are still paying them on the cap and you can't replace them with a high priced free agent. That's where the draft and low priced free agents come in.

This team is not going to be able to go after big time free agents in the offseason.Everybody wants them to but they can't because of the cap.

The 2005 offseason is going to be tough too because we have some big time free agents to be on our roster like Chad Pennington, John Abraham, Shaun Ellis etc

If we can find ways to take hits but eventually wipe the slate clean of some salaries, Then, we will have more flexibility. Some of our players like Mawae and Chrebet have to take pay cuts or restructure their deals into incentives. Restructuring though is a last resort because you do damage to the future cap situation. I don't mind taking a hit as long as the cap hit doesn't last for two or three years.

For instance with players like Jones and Lewis. They can be replaced in house with Hobson and Glenn.

Beasley can be replaced with Henderson and Mickens.

Conway only signed a 2 year deal, I believe so his contract can come off the books. His contract isn't that big anyway.

The problem contract is Vinny Testaverde. The Jets may be forced to bring him back next season because of the dead money aspect. If he retires on June 1st 2005, Some of that money can go to Pennington's new deal. In two years, Most of Testaverde's money will be payed off and it will be less of a hit in 2005.

Banned
    i couldn't get the site to work...but i definatly think that mo, marvin, cowart(unless they do a release and sign him for considerably less) and szott should be out the door...conway probly should be as well unless he really turns it around...chrebet should take a paycut...if not, kick him out too...mickens is iffy...i think he is slippin even as a nickel corner...so we will see with him...beasley as well...unless again, he will take a major paycut and play the nickel...EVANS HAS GOT TO STAY!

Banned
    Originally posted by yourworstmemory@Oct 5 2003, 02:58 PM
    i couldn't get the site to work...but i definatly think that mo, marvin, cowart(unless they do a release and sign him for considerably less) and szott should be out the door...conway probly should be as well unless he really turns it around...chrebet should take a paycut...if not, kick him out too...mickens is iffy...i think he is slippin even as a nickel corner...so we will see with him...beasley as well...unless again, he will take a major paycut and play the nickel...EVANS HAS GOT TO STAY!
    The JETS have to decide wheather or not to pick up Cowarts $5mill option after the season. Most likely his @$$ is gone.

Mo and Marvin are also gone.

Beasely is gone beause of the improved play of Jamie Henderson and his salary.

Szott is gone and Conway has been a bust, his Cap number would be too high for a player on the bench.

The JETS are probably going to restructure Cumart, Mawae, Chrebet, and maybe others.

wickedtwisted
    Does anyone think that Testeverde will retire? His days are over. I would like to keep chrebet, beasley, and evans. The rest I want to say ADIOS too.

Again I dont know if I'm the only one who thinks soooo but T.O. WILL be wearing Green next year as in Jets green not Eagles green. HBO even talked about TO and how hes gone. I think Herm will control him pefectly. I wouldnt mind giving up a 1st and 3rd downer for a guy who can dominate and WIN games.

Veteran
    YOU DON'T PAY $4 MILL FOR A BACKUP QB. Vinny is gone. Most of the other players will restructure because this team is so sorry and I am sure no one else wants a Mo Lewis or Marvin Jones. Szott would be second in line.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think with Vinny's cap number he almost has to stay unless he retires.

Banned
    Originally posted by Minkaveli@Oct 5 2003, 08:40 PM
    YOU DON'T PAY $4 MILL FOR A BACKUP QB. Vinny is gone. Most of the other players will restructure because this team is so sorry and I am sure no one else wants a Mo Lewis or Marvin Jones. Szott would be second in line.
    These players I know will be gone

Sam Cowart, Marvin Jones, Mo Lewis, Aaron Beasely, and Curtis Conway.

The JETS would take a huge cap hit if they release Vinny.

And look for the JETS to restructure Kevin Mawae, Curtis Martin, and Wayne Chrebet for more cap room.