Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Bradway has to go

Hall Of Fame
    Why draft Lamont Jordan in the 2nd round, and then re-sign Curtis Martin?

Why draft BJ Askew in the 3rd round, and then re-sign Sowell?

I could go on and on (but I'll let you all fill this thread up with more examples) but just touching on the second point-

For the money you are paying BJ Askew to sit on the bench, and Sowell (who clearly is not starting material as we are finding out the hard way but he is an excellent special teamer), you could have re-signed Richie Anderson, used the draft pick on somebody else (a LB&#39;er perhaps <_< ) and either cut Sowell or kept him for ST&#39;s.

Tawk amongst yaselves.

Practice Squad
    3 Years ago,

The Jets had an offensive line that many thought would be the talk of the next decade:

Then:

Ryan Young we let go to Houston

Jenkins we let go to free agency

Randy Thomas we let go to free agency

We bring in SZott, who is already 33 years old, now 34-

We bring in Nutton for the departing Randy Thomas; we hope that Goodwin can beat out Nutton for the job, but he cant.

Then, we tell Nutton he is the starting right guard, but he retires,

Then, we bring in Brent Smith, who basically the Miami Dolphins let go because he wasn&#39;t good enough to keep; and the NY Jets start him...

where Randy Thomas used to be...

and you ask why we can&#39;t run the ball???&#33;&#33;&#33;

We can&#39;t run, because our general manager s-cks&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, it took a long time of chipping at the stone, but I&#39;m convinced:

Player Evaluation is abysmal on this team. That&#39;s Bradway&#39;s job. He&#39;s gotta go. I don&#39;t want this guy making our top 5 #1 draft pick in April.

All League
    Originally posted by Jet Moses@Oct 5 2003, 05:28 PM

Player Evaluation is abysmal on this team. That&#39;s Bradway&#39;s job. He&#39;s gotta go. I don&#39;t want this guy making our top 5 #1 draft pick in April.
    I agree with that..

If we&#39;re gonna blow it up and start over, let&#39;s get someone in here that knows WTF they&#39;re doing...Bradway ain&#39;t the guy I want designing my new team.

BTW, Evs...

I agree with everything you stated except for Ryan Young.

He certainly didn&#39;t pan out for the Texans, and enabled us to clear about &#036;14 million off our cap in Glenn and Coleman.

We would have lost a lot more players if not for that move.

All League
    The question is should Edwards join him out the door or not? We shall see, but I think alot will depend on the rest of the season.

Possible GM candidates:

Tom Modrak
    Randy Mueller
    Rich McKay (if Tampa lets him go)
    Mike Tannenbaum
    Jimmy Johnson (he may not want to coach anymore, but you know he loves to evaluate young talent).

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by Evsbabes@Oct 5 2003, 05:25 PM
    3 Years ago,

The Jets had an offensive line that many thought would be the talk of the next decade:

Then:

Ryan Young we let go to Houston

Jenkins we let go to free agency

Randy Thomas we let go to free agency

We bring in SZott, who is already 33 years old, now 34-

We bring in Nutton for the departing Randy Thomas; we hope that Goodwin can beat out Nutton for the job, but he cant.

Then, we tell Nutton he is the starting right guard, but he retires,

Then, we bring in Brent Smith, who basically the Miami Dolphins let go because he wasn&#39;t good enough to keep; and the NY Jets start him...

where Randy Thomas used to be...

and you ask why we can&#39;t run the ball???&#33;&#33;&#33;

We can&#39;t run, because our general manager s-cks&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Agreed. Our O-line is not what it once was obviously.

Practice Squad
    Reply to GreenWave:

Yes, you are right about freeing up the 14 million. 100 agreed.

But, Ryan Young was great on the Jets. He got injured in Houston, and for whatever reason he is no longer there but...

Bill Parcells had no problem bringing him to the Cowboys and making him their starting right tackle...
    Should tell you something.

All League
    I knew this back in July.

But I got banned from TGG.COM for this opinion.

Bryan Thmoas as a #1 pick?

It&#39;s an absolute joke.

Mawae, MacKenzie and Fabini are pretty good, a good FA pickup and maybe a 3rd or 4th rd OG would make the line respectable again

Rookie
    If somebody is going to be the scapegoat, better Bradway than Herm.

Herm has gotten the team to the playoffs 2 straight years. I know, I know, big deal.

But, what has Bradway done so far with this team? What money or clutch move has he made as a FO exec?

Hall Of Fame
    Bradway just doesn&#39;t show me that he has a plan, and a determination to realize his goals.

The bottome line is this: When you get rid of somebody, or let somebody go, at least come up with a suitable replacement.

He has yet to do that.

Once.

All League
    Originally posted by Jet Moses@Oct 5 2003, 06:51 PM
    Bradway just doesn&#39;t show me that he has a plan, and a determination to realize his goals.

The bottome line is this: When you get rid of somebody, or let somebody go, at least come up with a suitable replacement.

He has yet to do that.

Once.
    The kicker. Sorry, that&#39;s the only one I can think of.

All League
    Originally posted by Jet Moses@Oct 5 2003, 06:51 PM

He has yet to do that.

Once.
    You are probably right...

But every once in awhile, sometimes I get this little voice in my head saying..."what if the right guys/replacements are here, but Herm won&#39;t play them or realize it?"

Hell, it took an injury to Vinny to get them to play the highest rated passer in the AFC last year...

All League
    Originally posted by Greenwave81+Oct 5 2003, 07:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greenwave81 @ Oct 5 2003, 07:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Moses@Oct 5 2003, 06:51 PM

He has yet to do that.

Once.
    You are probably right...

But every once in awhile, sometimes I get this little voice in my head saying..."what if the right guys/replacements are here, but Herm won&#39;t play them or realize it?"

Hell, it took an injury to Vinny to get them to play the highest rated passer in the AFC last year... [/b][/quote]
    That is absolutely true. Part of the reason that some of these guys aren&#39;t starting (or now simply platooning) is the "He&#39;s still learning crap." I&#39;d rather have a guy that is learning but has ability and desire then a guy who knows what there is to know and has neither.

Hall Of Fame
    Mizzou-

Fair enough. But let&#39;s just leave Herm out of this, for now. Lets zero in on Bradway.

We have a chronology of events-

When Bradway took over, he assessed the situation, and felt he could win with this team, right now. You don&#39;t throw money at Mawae, Martin, and Chrebet unless you think you can win it all. And please, spare me the crapola that Parcells and Groh quit because they didn&#39;t think they could win with this team. They had other reasons for quitting. This was a good team he inherited, lets be honest.

Bradway had a window of opportunity to win with these guys, it didn&#39;t happen, and now the shelf life on key players has expired. The big mistake he made in squandering this opportunity was losing Bryan Cox and Victor Green. They both had two solid years left in them, and I think those two guys vs. Marvin Jones (who was cut and then re-signed) and Sam Garnes arguably could have been the difference between a 10-6 season and a 12-4 season in 2001. Don&#39;t laugh-

There is no way this teams rush defense would have been that sh@tty with Bryan Cox at middle linebacker. With Cox, the Jets don&#39;t lose the home opener against the Colts or the Monday nighter against the niners. Marvin Jones is a check casher. I dont think the outcome of the game matters much to him, or ever did.

Simultaneously, Bradway was burning the candle at both ends- trying to rebuild while maintaining a competitive team. Dubious results. His drafts have been horrible, he&#39;s lowballed every Jet who became a FA with the team, and the FA&#39;s he has signed, have all been garbage, or a downgrade from whom they replaced.

All League
    We seem to be the only team where it takes new additions months, or even years, to "learn" our systems.

I&#39;m not sure it&#39;s the complexities of the system or the fact that no one is equipped to teach it.

Face it, these guys (players) have been playing this game for eons...this is football, and not physical chemistry.

Does this bug anyone else?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by newjakecity+Oct 5 2003, 07:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newjakecity @ Oct 5 2003, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Moses@Oct 5 2003, 06:51 PM

He has yet to do that.

Once.
    The kicker. Sorry, that&#39;s the only one I can think of. [/b][/quote]
    You can&#39;t say Josh Evans or Chester McGlockton, either, because they were an upgrade over the prior garbage (Tom Barndt, Steve Martin, Alan harper et al) that he himself (Bradway) brought in.

Originally posted by Jet Moses@Oct 5 2003, 05:28 PM

this is why I can&#39;t stomach Bradway,he contradicts his own moves ?

but if and when he does get canned,the new GM will of course want his own guy as coach......
    and that&#39;s why I believe Herm would go as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Greenwave81@Oct 5 2003, 07:47 PM
    We seem to be the only team where it takes new additions months, or even years, to "learn" our systems.

I&#39;m not sure it&#39;s the complexities of the system or the fact that no one is equipped to teach it.

Face it, these guys (players) have been playing this game for eons...this is football, and not physical chemistry.

Does this bug anyone else?
    Tulane I know what your saying, but I want to leave the coaching staff out of this.

I&#39;m sick of hearing about how "cerebral" the Cover Who and the WCO is, too, but lets just stick to Bradway.

All League
    Originally posted by Jet Moses@Oct 5 2003, 07:44 PM
    Mizzou-

Fair enough. But let&#39;s just leave Herm out of this, for now. Lets zero in on Bradway.

We have a chronology of events-

When Bradway took over, he assessed the situation, and felt he could win with this team, right now. You don&#39;t throw money at Mawae, Martin, and Chrebet unless you think you can win it all. And please, spare me the crapola that Parcells and Groh quit because they didn&#39;t think they could win with this team. They had other reasons for quitting. This was a good team he inherited, lets be honest.

Bradway had a window of opportunity to win with these guys, it didn&#39;t happen, and now the shelf life on key players has expired. The big mistake he made in squandering this opportunity was losing Bryan Cox and Victor Green. They both had two solid years left in them, and I think those two guys vs. Marvin Jones (who was cut and then re-signed) and Sam Garnes arguably could have been the difference between a 10-6 season and a 12-4 season in 2001. Don&#39;t laugh-

There is no way this teams rush defense would have been that sh@tty with Bryan Cox at middle linebacker. With Cox, the Jets don&#39;t lose the home opener against the Colts or the Monday nighter against the niners. Marvin Jones is a check casher. I dont think the outcome of the game matters much to him, or ever did.

Simultaneously, Bradway was burning the candle at both ends- trying to rebuild while maintaining a competitive team. Dubious results. His drafts have been horrible, he&#39;s lowballed every Jet who became a FA with the team, and the FA&#39;s he has signed, have all been garbage, or a downgrade from whom they replaced.
    JetMo..

Can&#39;t argue with much that you wrote.

But I do however wonder why NO rookie on this team EVER makes an impact, or starts for that matter (except when forced into it like Robertson). Is this drafting bad prospects, or the HC&#39;s reluctance to play youngsters?

You got a HC here that continues to roll out the same apparently disinterested and unmotivated players week in and week out...they do not make plays and there is no accountability. Is that the GMs fault or the HC&#39;s?

Listen, I&#39;m not a Bradway fan..I think he&#39;s very mediocre at best. But I&#39;m not a big Herm supporter either. This team shows up woefully unprepared and unmotivated and becomes way too despondent with any bad turn for my taste. I don&#39;t know who&#39;s at fault with the hiring of Hackett and Cotrell either.

I hated the Martin deal and said so on many occasions...this deal, like Parcells&#39; deal with Vinny will haunt the franchise for years to come. Even though I am a big Chrebet fan, they overpaid for him too. Martin and Chrebet (and to whatever extent Mawae) falls on Bradway.

This is why, if this season plays out like I think it&#39;s going to...which is VERY POORLY, I would start again. The GM and HC need to be on the same page. The best HC in the world won&#39;t be able to exhibit his abilities if the GM acquires turds...A good GM is probably more instrumental to success than a good HC.

If we need to cut the chaff and start agin, get a bonafide personnel man in here as GM...soon.

But you gotta let the new GM pick the coach. Maybe he stays with Herm, maybe not.