Thread: How good is Parcells????????

The guy is amazing!!! I mean he might of left us in the crapper but I know for a fact that if he had never left we would have seen the Super Bowl by now. The cowboys are actually a decent NFL team. Did anyone watch them last year??????? Horrible!!!!! Now they are back and the funny part is that their talent leven is very very bad also but the guy just wins. They are going to win 8 games this year in a tough division and with no talent. One good draft and they might take this thing. Parcells is just that damm good. Wish we had him!!!

Veteran
    I heard a player say this once: "Coach Parcells told me just a couple things to look for in game films and it changed everything for me. I'll never forget it".

I think there are a lot of "little things" he does that make him what he is.

Has he ever written a book? I'm guessing his methods etc. are "trade secrets" and that he wouldn't publish them, but I'd sure like to know what his perspective on the game is.

Practice Squad
    He's got the number 1 rated offense right now. And his defense has been stellar too. He's made Quincy Carter making good decisions. 8 wins is realistic, and next year, they have a bigger shot. Too bad he'll dump the Cowboys by then!!!

parcells is amazing. there is no other way to put it. i don't think he left us in the crapper, btw, i choose to look at him as the guy who delivered us from 1-15 to, uh, well we had a relatively exciting run, didn't we?

Banned
    Give some credit to his coaching staff, too! Maurice Carthon worked his way up the ranks the right way! We could have had him as the HC of the NYJ!!! But Bradway is a DIM BULB! Angry

Banned
    Originally posted by JerryK@Oct 6 2003, 10:43 AM
    Has he ever written a book? I'm guessing his methods etc. are "trade secrets" and that he wouldn't publish them, but I'd sure like to know what his perspective on the game is.
    Yes, Bill Parcells and Will McDonough co-authored "The Final Season". It was about the 1999 JETS. It was a good read but it was a little self serving.

Although he didn't write it, there is a very good book about the behind the scenes workings of Coach Parcells it's titled "No Medals For Trying" and it was written by Jerry Izenberg. This book chronicles a week with the 1989 Giants as they prepare for a game vs. the Eagles. I highly recommend this book to any football fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Send your resume into Wooody.

>>Give some credit to his coaching staff, too! Maurice Carthon worked his way up the ranks the right way! We could have had him as the HC of the NYJ!!! But Bradway is a DIM BULB!>>

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Parcells is the man who gave 30M to Vinny who set it up that Mo Lewis is gonna hit like 5M against the cap this year, who set it up that CuMart would have had 9 and 10M in salary...

we all see the JETS getting old and slow and s**t all at once... that PARCELLS

great coach - CRAP GM - he totally screwed this team when he left.

Practice Squad
    Not to say Parcells isn't a great coach, but he's beaten Arizona, the Giants, and the Jets and lost to the Vickless Falcons...these are hardly the top teams in the NFL. Let's see what happens the rest of the year.

You must not have watched the Cowboys play last year. Actually you probably didnt cuz they were unwatchable!!! The guy is great and thats that. Its the same team as last year!!! They are going to the show this year but damm they are at least competitive. I am sure you watch the Jets games this year. We dont even want to be on the field. Parcells would punch someone in the face is they werent giving 110%. Thats why he rules.

Veteran
    Before we all get excited about Parcells...just take a look at the Cowboys schedule.

Bucs, Carolina, Giants (think they ain't pissed?), Eagles 2X, Skins 2X, Pats, Bills, and Dolphins.

They only have 2 "gimmie" games left against the Saints and one NFC central team.

I'd be surprised if they finish 5-7 against this sked.

Parcells is a year 2 guy...but I remember when he had the Jets ay 9-7 in 1997 and blew a play off berth on a bad decision.

Rookie
    Parcells took on Sean Payton who Fossill basically fired mid season last year and now has the #1 rated offense. I guess it's getting to be a habbit making NY teams look stupid.

All Pro
    He has done good but he has beaten the Gints, Jets and Cards. Not exactly murders row.

All Pro
    Bit, he gave that contract beliving he would cut him before the big hit came due. what happened was that the jets renegotiaed it twice making it almost impossible to cut him when the big money came due.