Thread: D-Train

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The guy was all over the place today......disrupting the Texans in the backfield!!

We have ourselves a HUGE talent!!

Stayed real low today.....enjoyed watching him play!!

Banned
    He was very disruptive, mde some very nice plays. The JETS need faster LBs still, because the run to the outside was killing them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    they are a better defense with Glenn and Hobson on the field

Banned
    How good is Glenn in those Nickel Packages. Seriously Hobson and Glenn always bring a ton of Enthusiasm to the game. The JETS are more stingier with them out there.

Ellis looked very good at the Point of Attack and Rushing the Passer. Fergie looked good.

Mo couldn't run to the outside at all, same with Marvin.

All Pro
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Oct 19 2003, 09:49 PM
    How good is Glenn in those Nickel Packages. Seriously Hobson and Glenn always bring a ton of Enthusiasm to the game. The JETS are more stingier with them out there.

Ellis looked very good at the Point of Attack and Rushing the Passer. Fergie looked good.

Mo couldn't run to the outside at all, same with Marvin.
    Jets can potentially have a great D. Robertson is really improving and the D line can really be a top unit. The problems we have had with the run stem more from the LBs particularly Mo and Marvin, IMO. I actually think Cowart has played well. We really need to get a good MLB in this years draft. If we can get a fast MLB who can tackle, hae Hobson play the Sam, Cowart the Will and Glenn the Willl in the nickel, we will have a very nice LB rotation.

I actually like our corners more than most people here but I think Garnes has to go. he is not a good tackler at all!!

Our D is good guys but we are close to being a top unit IMO.

Veteran
    Run defense SUCKS! Pass rush is a threat. Corners are servicable, better with Donnie Abraham. The jury's still out on the safeties. The LB corps needs a changing of the guard with Glen and Hobson unseating starters Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones. With the eventual return of Henderson, McGraw, Abraham, and Evans, this unit will be in much better shape!

Veteran
    Boy did I stray off topic there! :blink: Concerning D-Rob, the kid's coming along fine. He'll start making a bigger impact, he's improved each week. So far I like what I've seen from the kid.

The DLINE was terrific today, especially DeWayne and Fergy. They were disrupting running plays all day and were holding up at the point of attack. The Texans ran all over us because when Davis' initial hole wasnt there he was jsut cutting back and our old ass linebackers werent containing the backside.

Rookie
    D-Wayne could be putting the D in the Jets real soon. He has been getting better and better each week, today we saw him move laterally a few times to make some stops on the run, a great skill. Him and Ferguson could become a great tandem taking pressure off Ellis and whoever may be playing at the other end. I say whoever at the other end because after seeing other guys do it last week. I'm not sure J-Abe is the God-send we thought he is. Granted today he got to Carr and rushed things, but left HUGE gaps to his side of the line. That's something that can't happen against McNabb. He seems to take himself out of the play time after time. Hopefully it was just a matter of him being anxious today, because he is a pro-bowl quality player, but comes cap time...if it's him vs. Ellis...right now it's no contest. Starting LB's looked miserable again JG and Vic Hobson could be the future of the D and definitly need more time. Banged up secondary played well minus three of four lousy plays given up by Green/Carter. We still need a PLAY-MAKING SS to play along side McGraw(I refuse to give up on him this soon). Gang green is in the process of turning this around, and I'm one to think the future looks bright.