Thread: HOW ABOUT THIS TEAM FANS

Veteran
    Jaguars | Game to Blackout - from www.KFFL.comThu, 23 Oct 2003 13:42:46 -0700

The Jacksonville Jaguars made it official that the Week 8 game will be blacked out for the third time in four home games.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Another professional Fla. team getting the love from their fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Hey it`s part of their new movement out there.........FAAG`s Fans Against Attending Games ...

All League
    Maybe they should run some sort of promotion? Free rubber axes, or something....

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Originally posted by jesper stromblad rules@Oct 23 2003, 10:10 PM
    Maybe they should run some sort of promotion? Free rubber axes, or something....
    Hey, I've been to games at both Jax and Miami and you can't compare the 2. Not even close. Fin fans are like die hard Packer fan or soccer fans compared to Jag fans. It's so quiet at the Jag games too. Go figure,...they've been to 2 AFC championship games in what, the 1st 4 or 5 yrs of their existence and this is what the team gets back?? Can't compare them to Fin fans, even though as a whole Fin fans are pretty weak. Jag fans are truly pathetic.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2+Oct 23 2003, 06:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2 @ Oct 23 2003, 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jesper stromblad rules@Oct 23 2003, 10:10 PM
    Hey, I&#39;ve been to games at both Jax and Miami and you can&#39;t compare the 2. Not even close. Fin fans are like die hard Packer fan or soccer fans compared to Jag fans. It&#39;s so quiet at the Jag games too. Go figure,...they&#39;ve been to 2 AFC championship games in what, the 1st 4 or 5 yrs of their existence and this is what the team gets back?? Can&#39;t compare them to Fin fans, even though as a whole Fin fans are pretty weak. Jag fans are truly pathetic. [/b][/quote]
    Saying Phins fans are diehard is just laughable. You do recall your last playoff game was blacked out?? Pathetic. As far as I&#39;m concerned, MIA doesn&#39;t deserve a sports team. Period. The friggin WS in in FLA and the &#39;Let&#39;s go Yanks&#39; chants are louder than anything about the Marlins. It rained and half the people LEFT@&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink: A world series game and they LEFT&#33;&#33;&#33; Sorry DW2, but you can&#39;t make an argument in this one. It is truly sad.

Edit:

DW2 I didn&#39;t read through your whole post. Sorry for the rant on you.

All Pro
    Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2+Oct 23 2003, 06:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2 @ Oct 23 2003, 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jesper stromblad rules@Oct 23 2003, 10:10 PM
    Hey, I&#39;ve been to games at both Jax and Miami and you can&#39;t compare the 2. Not even close. Fin fans are like die hard Packer fan or soccer fans compared to Jag fans. It&#39;s so quiet at the Jag games too. Go figure,...they&#39;ve been to 2 AFC championship games in what, the 1st 4 or 5 yrs of their existence and this is what the team gets back?? Can&#39;t compare them to Fin fans, even though as a whole Fin fans are pretty weak. Jag fans are truly pathetic. [/b][/quote]
    That may be true, that Jags fans are worse than Fins fans, but the really sad fact is that neither of those teams sells out every game :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Funny DW2 ,Iseem to remember the phin /raven playoff game getting blacked out 2 years ago... die hard fans ha&#33; ha&#33;ha&#33;

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Oct 23 2003, 11:54 PM
    Funny DW2 ,Iseem to remember the phin /raven playoff game getting blacked out 2 years ago... die hard fans ha&#33; ha&#33;ha&#33;
    Hey knucklehead, read the bottom of Boozer&#39;s post and ditto to yourself. I wasn&#39;t saying Fin fans are die hard. Although some are, like myself, most aren&#39;t. I was just making a comparison.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Sorry DW2 ,i saw fin fans are like diehard packer fans and that was enough for me and that was enough for me since I can say I`VE been to lambaugh field twice for football games and been to the orange bowl and pro player stadium for MIAMI games more times they i can remember and to try and compare the 2 is laughable as the packer fans rate (imho) as probobly one of the best ,if not the best all around football fans in the NFL. and the fins can`t even give tickets away to playoff games and get a full house...

All Pro
    To be fair, there are many more college football fans down there than pro.
    they may not be pro fans but they are football fans. Look how many players come out of there, if they are not fans they would not be devolping talent at that rate.

Put Rutgers or BC in a 75,000 seat stadium and see how well they do.

They get 10-20,000 for high school games.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    The following the Gators and the Seminoles is almost cult-like. I don&#39;t get it. I want some damn FIN FANS&#33;

All League
    In the early years of the Jacksonville franchise, which entered the league in 1995, the teams front office "assumed" they&#39;d lose a bunch of games and not be competitive for a few years. Because of that, they loaded those early Jags teams up with "high effort/ character" players that would play 100% from whistle to whistle and do the franchise proud in the community.

A weird thing, however, happened on the way to losing --the Jags were immediate winners, going to the confrence finals in the their 2nd and 5th years and the fans couldn&#39;t get enough these players and that team.

Nontheless, those loses in the title games were so tough to take for the front office, that they started to deviate from their plan of of chasing mainly "high character achievers" right after the 1999 season. The team began to look at a players physical talent and ignored everything else. This led to string of bad picks like R.J Soward, Larry Smith, ect....

Instead of getting a team with great physical ability, the Jags wound up with the worst of both worlds: bad record and a lot of players playing just to pickup a paycheck. This trend has slowly, but surely, whittled away at that team fans base.

Face it, if fans don&#39;t care for the players, why should they support the team? Jacksonville is finding that out bigtime, as over 9,000 seats remain unsold for the Tennessee game and the figure would be much, much worse if local biz. hadn&#39;t stepped in to buy large blocs of discounted tickets <_<

Waterboy
    This just continues to prove that putting a NFL franchise in Jacksonville was a dumb idea.

All League
    Jag fans are no different than any other fan. I recall a lot of empty seats at the Meadowlands during the late 80&#39;s/early 90&#39;s...and these were empty seats that were already paid for. I would say that&#39;s an even worse fan base.

Veteran
    The rest of the state doesn&#39;t really claim Jacksonville. I have some good friends who are from there, and their quote has always been "Jacksonville is a good place to be from." They were baffled when Jacksonville got a team and knew the lacking fan support would happen.
    They also claim Jacksonville is really in south Georgia. If you ever go there, you&#39;ll know what they mean.

All Pro
    Tampa draws OK. I know they&#39;re a winning team, but they also are from Fla. I think it&#39;s the mentality of the local population - College vs. Pros.