Thread: Radio Debut Tonight

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Folks, you can listen via the airwaves or the web and can call in from anywhere. Hoping for a lot of fan participation from the phone. Call in and chat Jets football with us. Here's our lineup for tonight.
    It was bound to happen! Jets Insider.com has hit the airwaves and radio will never be the same again.

Tired of Jets talk from stuffy local radio hosts that know little about your team and care more about their own opinion than yours? Well that’s about to change. Much like our website, we are about to debut a radio show by Jets Fans for Jets Fans.

Beginning on Friday October 24th Jets Insider.com will debut Jets Insider Weekly, a two hour show from 10PM to Midnight EST every week during the season that will focus on nothing but NY Jets Football. The show will be hosted by Jets Insider.com Publisher Sean Deegan and Head Writer Kevin Newell.

The show will air locally on 540AM WLIE Long Island but will be available worldwide on the net via streaming audio and video just by going to the link below.

http://www.islandtalk540.com/news.htm

The show will feature hardcore NY Jets talk that will include player and coach interviews, guests from opposing teams and a ton of unique features found on no other show.

October 24 Lineup

• The debut of “Coach’s Corner”. A weekly segment with a Jets position coach outlining the players on the team who define that position and how they have developed. This week’s guest: Jets Defensive Line Coach Rubin Carter.
    • Jets/Eagles talk with Eagles beat writer and WIP Sports Radio Philly host Reuben Frank.
    • The debut of a weekly segment called “Retro-Jet” which will be an interview with a former Jets legend. This week our guest will be Jets former Head Coach, Walt Michaels who led the Jets to the 1982 AFC Championship game.
    • The show will feature clips from Chad Pennington, Vinny Testaverde, Kevin Mawae, Curtis Martin, Bryan Thomas and the Coach, Herm Edwards.
    • A brief segment with our weekly Girl Next Door Winner
    • Jets trivia with prizes.

Also, we will also be taking calls from you the Jets Fan, where you can sound off on anything regarding your favorite team. Since the show is streaming on the web, Jets Fans from Freeport to the Fiji can listen and call in to voice their opinions.

CALL: 631-955-5400!!

We will also take questions via e-mail at jetsinsider@hotmail.com

TUNE IN AND GET YOUR JETS FIX!!

Veteran
    Will there be a segment for phone calls from fans or will calls be handled throughout the show?

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Damn, you guys are chilling with Walt Michaels! Hey, save some bourbon for me.

Veteran
    Sooth, I showed you and the 16-H crew some love on my Vegas radio segment when I was back for the Miami game, if you're interested in hearing the archived show go to www.kdwn.com, click on listen then go to the archived shows for Saturday September 14th, scrool to 1:20 into the show, I make 3 picks against the spread and did a nice piece on the tailgate party, I'll try to listen tonight, GO JETS.

Veteran
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Oct 24 2003, 02:23 PM
    Damn, you guys are chilling with Walt Michaels! Hey, save some bourbon for me.
    ask him about the 'bugs' he implied were installed in the visiting locker room in LA in 1982?

Practice Squad
    Congratulations!!

I think that you guys are living a dream by doing this radio show.

I will listen in.

I wish you only the best of luck in this venture.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Im listening right now. This is really good radio. I am truly impressed!!! B)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Great Job Guys!!!!!!!!!& #33;!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Thanks for the kind words, folks. We had a lot of fun doing it and although we need definitely some polishing we are looking forward to bringing it to you every week.

Thanks to all that called in and contributed. Sorry for those who we didn't get to. Try back next week. We have some good stuff coming up!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You guys are tough on the trivia. Phil Simms was much easier with his old pre-game show!!