Thread: I am soooooo mad after this game

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Being a Jets fan is kind of strange. We all know reality when it comes to football. After all we have been upset that our teams last championship was almost 40 years ago. when Kotite was the coach I at least knew my team sucked and I still loved them and went to the games but when they lost I was not devastated as I have been since 98. See I got my hopes up soo when things dont work out it KILLS me. My expectations have been high and it really hurts when we don't meet them. But after todays game I realize it wasn't Herms fault for putting chad in, it wasn't vinny's fault we went 0-4 the first month of the season. They win as a team lose as a team. I have never been a big Vinny fan, but he played very well this season. I almost wish I could blame him then it would be easy. We have very slow LB's we don't have a big WR, we have a 3rd year HC and our OFF Coord is very closed minded. That with injuries is a middle of the pack team, and that is what we have. Loses agianst the Pats, fins, eagles and Giants are the worst.. But can anyone expect anything else with the situation that has gone on this season???? Our personel and salary cap problems should ease up after Mo and Vinny go ( maybe after this season) We sign Chad, J ABe, Ellis and lets lock up S Moss and lets make a run for it with a couple of draft picks. Guys I am ready to throw a sh*t fit after this game but don't blame 1 thing on the loss it was alot of things....... Now lets KILL BIG BLUE

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If I ever have a heart attack, it will be during a Jets game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by jetman67@Oct 26 2003, 09:44 PM
    If that's the case, just hope that it's like that Pats fan who died of a heart attack during the AFC Championship game a couple years ago. They did end up winning the super bowl.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Murphy's law means the Jets go to the SB and I am there with 15 seconds on the clock before We win and then I have the heart attack and never get to enjoy the win.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

If we ever get there

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Murph, Mrs Jm67 just said that we will get ther within the next few years.

Banned
    I cut all emotional ties after 0-4

I still root for them and I still watch every game, but I have resigned myself to ... See Below

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 26 2003, 10:11 PM
    I cut all emotional ties after 0-4

I still root for them and I still watch every game, but I have resigned myself to ... See Below
    You almost have to cut emotional ties at some point, or else you'll go crazy.

Sometimes it's like renting a depressing movie. You already know the outcome of the movie but you still keep going back to the video store to rent it, only to find yourseld depressed once again at the end.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I promised myself I would never let it get to me like the loss did in 98. I was literally numb for a week. Had tix to big game a room on south beach and I was going to live a child hood dream and I lost it all that day. WE WERE SOOO CLOSE. now I am just resided to the fact that this year is going to suck, and lets hope next year is the one.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Damnit Murph...I came here to gloat and to rub salt in you Jesticle fan&#39;s wounds.... But after reading your pitiful posts....I don&#39;t think I can.... <_<

Rookie
    Originally posted by jetman67@Oct 26 2003, 09:44 PM
    I am totally with you. My wife has told me plenty of times " CALM DOWN BEFORE YOU HAVE A HEART ATTACK BECAUSE I WILL NOT TAKE YOUR ASS TO THE HOSPITAL."

She says its only a game. Obviously she does not understand.

All Pro
    Originally posted by murphklecko73@Oct 26 2003, 09:43 PM
    Being a Jets fan is kind of strange. We all know reality when it comes to football. After all we have been upset that our teams last championship was almost 40 years ago. when Kotite was the coach I at least knew my team sucked and I still loved them and went to the games but when they lost I was not devastated as I have been since 98. See I got my hopes up soo when things dont work out it KILLS me. My expectations have been high and it really hurts when we don&#39;t meet them. But after todays game I realize it wasn&#39;t Herms fault for putting chad in, it wasn&#39;t vinny&#39;s fault we went 0-4 the first month of the season. They win as a team lose as a team. I have never been a big Vinny fan, but he played very well this season. I almost wish I could blame him then it would be easy. We have very slow LB&#39;s we don&#39;t have a big WR, we have a 3rd year HC and our OFF Coord is very closed minded. That with injuries is a middle of the pack team, and that is what we have. Loses agianst the Pats, fins, eagles and Giants are the worst.. But can anyone expect anything else with the situation that has gone on this season???? Our personel and salary cap problems should ease up after Mo and Vinny go ( maybe after this season) We sign Chad, J ABe, Ellis and lets lock up S Moss and lets make a run for it with a couple of draft picks. Guys I am ready to throw a sh*t fit after this game but don&#39;t blame 1 thing on the loss it was alot of things....... Now lets KILL BIG BLUE
    Thanks Murph. That really does put things in perspective&#33;

All Pro
    I am off to play hockey in my league. I am going to take out today&#39;s frustration on some poor unsuspecting opponent. Let&#39;s hope I can keep it to a minor penalty.

I&#39;ll throw an elbow for you Murph.

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Murphy, you are oh so polite in your critique, and I agree 100%.

Practice Squad
    Let&#39;s face it, we suck. There is no other excuse, we just stink, our LB&#39;s suck, Our DB&#39;s suck, OUr coaching sucks. We are not a good team, and we&#39;re not getting any better. Herm and Terry in their 3rd year, we&#39;re 2-5, we are regressing, and it will continue until heads start to roll, starting with Herm.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I made a promise to myself I would not call for heads after losses like last year. But my opening post is really from the heart

All League
    Partial redemption is for us to beat the Giants.
    I do not want to hear my co-workers gloat and put down the Jets.
    Lets show some pride-do it for us true fans who have to live and die with the Jets-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

We CAN not lose to the giants......PLEASE