Thread: I need to vent my feelings today

Practice Squad
    This is a republishing of an old post, done after the loss to Dallas earlier this year. I was teased again by the 2 wins against Buffalo and Houston, but once again....

THIS SEASON IS OVER!!

I need to vent my frustrations, so please folks, allow me to make known, both my love for this sad franchise, and my frustrations.

Today, I realize that another season is done and I just have to pour my heart out a bit. I feel that I deserve this opportunity, since my pain is real today.

However, I still pledge my loyal allegiance to my JETS. I am 49 years old, and have taken alot of kidding, abuse, ribbing, and sometimes painful insults over the years. I loyally wear my colors for every game. I have suffered thru losing season after losing season. I have watched friends and neighbors celebrate Super Bowl victories and parties for the Giants, while quietly sitting and hoping that someday it would be my turn. Well, my turn has never come, and it is not going to come this year, either.

I still hang on to my memories as a child of watching Joe Willie run off the field with his finger held high. My dad let me have my first drink of champagne that night, as a 14 yr old, and oh, how I remember it so well.

How close we were in 1982, only to lose 14-0 in the mud bowl. The following day, I brought my newborn son home from the hospital. He is now a loyal jets fan (JI member J E T S JetsJetsJets).

I'm still waiting for my turn.

When my second son was born a few years later in 1986, he was named Todd (Who was our quarterback then???). I then watched later that year, as we got off to a 10-0 start (I may be wrong on that one, but forgive me), only to finish up 10-6, as watch as good old #99 commits the dumbest penalty in Jets history, forcing overtime and an eventual Jets loss. To make matters worse, I had to endure watching the hated Giants go on to the SB. No party for me.

I cried when Raul Allegre hit that FG in 91 to put us into the playoffs. My sons got their first taste of the pain, as we were totally beaten in a playoff game in Houston. I bet alot of you forgot that one!!

I suffered the shame of the Walton and Kotite years.

I felt as if it was all going to come true in 98, and when Blake Spence blocked that punt, my sons and I jumped for joy and shed tears. We actually were heading to the SB!! Well, of course that didnt happen either.

I got tickets to the final game in Baltimore in 2000, hoping to celebrate a playoff spot, and after a 14-0 lead, that turned out to be the longest drive home on XMAS eve, that i can ever remember.

Last year we had a chance, and when a small Jet miracle came thru as Vinaterri beat Miami, and we beat GB, the dream was alive.

Does anyone think that I will stop loving my team???

NEVER

Someday my turn will come, and I will savor it for my entire life.

These are my JETS and your JETS, and every loyal fan's JETS.

Stay the course. When the dream comes true, only the real fans will share in the joy.

I dont want any phony fans to share it. It will be for only the true fans, who have stayed the course.

JETSFANNF

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Banned
    I completely understand...I have been a jet fan since I was 4 ( I am 31 now) and it has been utter disappointment....But I will never abandon them.....they are my team....

LL

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Hey,at least you got to see the Jets in Supe 3 when you were a
    Teenager..I was 25 then so I know how you feel...Hope this helps! :lol:

http://www.iondesign.net/drinkometer/

Banned
    For those who want to continue to make up excuses for this horrible mistake of a coaching staff, STOP READING, NOW. And definitely do not post a response, as I no longer wish to be sickened by your foolishness.

After an offseason in which Daniel Snyder pantsed this entire organization, you would have thought this team would have come out of the gates inspired, to say the least. Were they? No, in a game they could have won had they been prepared, they LAID A STINKY ROTTEN EGG on national TV. Did they care? Sh*t no. Because if they cared, they would have pulled their heads from the ass the following week...

But no, they played like they were out in the parking lot getting loaded for 3 hours before the game at 16-H and bobbled and p*ssed away a winnable game against the Patriots.

Against the Dolphins, once again, showed nothing. No emotion, no fire, nothing.

Did they get up for the Cowboys game? Parcells came in here and, just like Daniel Snyder did, PANTSED THESE HEARTLESS PUNKS.

If those performances werent enough to rip the stuffing out of ya, I don't know what will. But I do know this:

If Rick Mirer is the starting QB for a team that posts a W, whoever it is he posts that W against, that entire team should HAVE THERE BALLS CUT OFF and the coaching staff should be FIRED.

Back the Dude love into a corner, *****, and find out what happens!!! Angry

Hall Of Fame
    dude if anyone backed you into a corner ........youd most likely open their pants and make like an electrolux you annoying freak

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Dude Love@Nov 7 2003, 03:50 PM

If Rick Mirer is the starting QB for a team that posts a W, whoever it is he posts that W against, that entire team should HAVE THERE BALLS CUT OFF and the coaching staff should be FIRED.
    Agreed 100%.

If the Rick Mirer, 2-6 Raiders beat the Chad Pennington-led Jets this weekend, will people stop believeing the pipe dream that the 2003 Jets were SB contenders prior to Chad's injury?

Practice Squad
    Dick- you're killing me! We've got to party sometime!

All Pro
    DK, where you been? As usual, sharp as a tack. I've let go of the physical and emotional pain the Jets losses have caused, I watch the games for fun now, that's it. If they win great, if they lose, well it sucks, but I can deal with that now. If we can beat the Raiders, Dolphins and Pats to finish out the season, I'll be very pleased

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by dickkotite@Nov 7 2003, 04:58 PM
    dude if anyone backed you into a corner ........youd most likely open their pants and make like an electrolux you annoying freak
    That is pretty funny Dick............

Banned
    If the Jets lose this game, I'll buy a Rick Mirer #3 Jets Jersey and wear it as a testament to the Herman Edwards error! Angry

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Dude Love@Nov 8 2003, 11:49 AM
    If the Jets lose this game, I'll buy a Rick Mirer #3 Jets Jersey and wear it as a testament to the Herman Edwards error! Angry

<_< Go away........

Veteran
    JetsfanNF, that was the truest, deepest, most heart wrenching post I&#39;ve read (sh*t man, I nearly cried) I feel your pain brother. You are a true fan of the green and white, god bless ya&#33; Are time is near. Think of how sweet it will be. It would be like the Bosox finally winning the world series&#33; <_< Keep the faith bro&#33;

Banned
    Originally posted by JETSET47@Nov 8 2003, 12:10 PM
    It would be like the Bosox finally winning the world series&#33; <_< Keep the faith bro&#33;
    There&#39;s the kiss of death&#33; Thanks, pal&#33; Angry

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by JETSET47@Nov 8 2003, 12:10 PM
    JetsfanNF, that was the truest, deepest, most heart wrenching post I&#39;ve read (sh*t man, I nearly cried) I feel your pain brother. You are a true fan of the green and white, god bless ya&#33; Are time is near. Think of how sweet it will be. It would be like the Bosox finally winning the world series&#33; <_< Keep the faith bro&#33;
    That&#39;s all we can do, is to keep the faith&#33;&#33; I know our time will come, and when it does, we will all savor it.

Jets47 - Stay the course, dont panic, and we will reach the promised land someday.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

-_- YAWN