Thread: Becht

Veteran
    over the last few years i've blaset becht for his inability to make big cathces or run with the ball after the catch....

He is begining to change my mind.... hes made big catches and is a good run blocker.... Becht is starting to develop nicely... we need to keep all 4 first round picks from the 00 draft....

All Pro
    as soon as this season started going downhill our first instincts were to look at next years draft, but our players within should hold more importance.

The 00 draft is the future of this team, i would like to see...

pennington signed long term
    ellis long term
    becht-resigned only because he wont be that expensive, and at the worst case hell be a really good number 2 tightend that comes in to block and catch td passes in goal-line situations.(also I love kellen winslow, but is TE that much of a need to us that we should use a first round pick on it?)
    abraham--before i say anything, when we lost coles immediately i wanted another receiver, but we always had one(moss) and we didnt realize his potential. I think abe should get traded for draft picks/slash proven talent. we have alot of holes to fill and with his injury problems i would rather another team spend top money for him. Right now I see him as a great player, but I honestly cant picture him being consistant. Id like to see Thomas play more, especially with our record.

I feel all those resignings, plus better play from thomas, and trading abe for atleast a 1st and 3rd is the best direction to go for as in terms of our cap problems and filling in more of our "needs".

All Pro
    Originally posted by ikehitstina@Nov 5 2003, 07:32 PM
    I feel all those resignings, plus better play from thomas, and trading abe for atleast a 1st and 3rd is the best direction to go for as in terms of our cap problems and filling in more of our "needs".
    Thomas is a BIG if....

What team is going to give a 1st and a 3rd for a player in the last year of his contract? I think its a pipe dream to think we'd get a 1st round pick back for Johnny Abe.

Thomas had some great plays aganist the run last week...it's just Abe is a 10x better pass rusher.

Practice Squad
    I think we might have to package a few players together to get picks.

All Pro
    "Thomas is a BIG if....

What team is going to give a 1st and a 3rd for a player in the last year of his contract? I think its a pipe dream to think we'd get a 1st round pick back for Johnny Abe"

lol thomas is a big "if", your right, but He's been decent and there has to be some kind of upside of for a first round pick, well im atleast hoping.......

I think we have a better shot at trading abe then you think....

Alot of teams have been consistantly good but havnt won a title. These teams are in the same cap position we are. They have been using the cap in every way they can, but basically its win a superbowl soon or it time to rebuild(raiders). These teams would be giving up a first round pick anywere from 20 and up. I feel it would be a team that doesnt have crazy cap room, and is looking to win the superbowl next year.

either that, or some team wants a dominating speed rushing end that likes to go to the pro bowl instead of using their first round pick on a unproven player that could end up a bust.

Looking at it from a cap perspective, he only has one year left on his rookie contract after this season, the penalties for us would be small and the team trading us draft picks would have no cap penalties.

Veteran
    thomas has surprised me.
    he's pretty solid against the run (better than abe)
    and if he just gets more PT, the pass rushing techniques WILL come.
    i'm in favor of this move if we can get a mid 1st or more.

as for becht, he too is slowly winning me over. as long as he doesn't go farrior on us, we should keep him around.

Veteran
    Becht has always been fine. He dropped a major pass last year and this board has been on him since. he's a fine TE. He blocks well, is great in goaline situations. If he could only stay on his feet better, he seems to fall on his own RIGHT before impact.

All Pro
    Thomas does play the run fairly well. I am surprised with this aspect of his game. I think his pass rushing skills will come out with repeated live game reps.

Trading Abe is something I'm warming up to. I think a first and something else will be able to be procured.

All League
    Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic@Nov 6 2003, 01:31 AM
    Becht has always been fine. He dropped a major pass last year and this board has been on him since. he's a fine TE. He blocks well, is great in goaline situations. If he could only stay on his feet better, he seems to fall on his own RIGHT before impact.
    What is it with our TE's...Kyle Brady was just as bad. You just look at them and they fall down.

We havn't had a TE that could run after the catch since Mickey Shuler.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by ctjetfan+Nov 6 2003, 10:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ctjetfan @ Nov 6 2003, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PhillyJetsPhanatic@Nov 6 2003, 01:31 AM
    Becht has always been fine. He dropped a major pass last year and this board has been on him since. he&#39;s a fine TE. He blocks well, is great in goaline situations. If he could only stay on his feet better, he seems to fall on his own RIGHT before impact.
    What is it with our TE&#39;s...Kyle Brady was just as bad. You just look at them and they fall down.

We havn&#39;t had a TE that could run after the catch since Mickey Shuler. [/b][/quote]
    Well, we did have Johnnie Mitchell, but that was another whole story unto itself