Thread: I made a controversial fantasy trade

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have Marc Bulger on my team at QB. My backup is Kerry Collins.

I have Priest Holmes, Fred Taylor and Michael Bennett at RB.

I just traded Kerry Collins and Fred Taylor for Brian Griese and Stephen Davis. Did I make a mistake? I am taking a huge risk, I was wondering what some of you fantasy experts think.

Veteran
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Nov 6 2003, 03:50 PM

I just traded Kerry Collins and Fred Taylor for Brian Griese and Stephen Davis. Did I make a mistake? I am taking a huge risk, I was wondering what some of you fantasy experts think.
    Solid trade for both guys...only worry for your end is that Davis is questionable this week, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by gmogmo+Nov 6 2003, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gmogmo @ Nov 6 2003, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan@Nov 6 2003, 03:50 PM

Solid trade for both guys...only worry for your end is that Davis is questionable this week, right? [/b][/quote]
    I wanna pick up DeShaun Foster for insurance but I think that the other guys in my league are going to block that move.

All League
    I havn&#39;t been following FFL that closely, but it sounds decent to me. a bit scary because you can imagine a scenario where both Griese and Bulger end up on the bench.... both have good playing potential though so....

but Stephen Davis and Priest Holmes?

Sign me up. Fred Taylors due to have a major ligament detach from his groin....

...wait for it....

.... now.

Veteran
    You definately did well on your RB. Stephen Davis is having a phenomenal year. The only thing is he has an injury and is questionable for this week vs. Tampa Bay.
    And Brian Griese. He isn&#39;t horrible but isn&#39;t Collins a step above him? I don&#39;t think you made a horrible trade though. Just hope Davis stays healthy for you.

All Pro
    It is a good trade for you unless there is an injury. A high risk high reward.

Davis is going to provide more the Taylor. He is on a team that gives him the "damm ball." However, if Bulger goes down you coul dbe hosed. I have not seen anything that said Griese is the permanent man. Even then he is on a run dominated offense.

All League
    good trade

I take it you only have to start 1 qb, and that will be Bulger.

Davis a big upgrade over taylor

Veteran
    You probably start ONLY 1 QB...so it&#39;s a good trade. Bugler already had his bye week and I don&#39;t see Warner starting ever again. Maybe pick up Warner just as insurance.

As for Davis and Holmes...wow what a combo and you can start 2 of them.

Good trade.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if you only start 1 QB its a great trade. Stephen Davis is the offense in CAR and Kerry Collins wasn&#39;t helping you from the bench every week. Brian Griese i would cut outright if there was other options available.

don&#39;t worry about it, you did ok.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The market is drying up and I was thinking of getting Jake Plummer. Is Plummer a better option at QB and can I rely on him to take over if anything happens to Bulger.

We only start 1 QB but in our league, QB&#39;s score the most points, They are credited with 1 point for every 10 yards passing.

I&#39;ve had Bulger and Collins scoring 40 points every week a piece but I wanted to get Davis because his schedule in the playoff weeks is awesome. Arizona, Atlanta and Detroit.

Veteran
    good deal, especially if Davis is healthy.

Bulger is a must start guy, unless he gets hurt. If Plummer&#39; available, pick him up. I&#39;d rather have him (when healthy) that Griese, especially Griese&#39;s job isn&#39;t very secure

Rookie
    You upgraded at RB, the rest is window dressing at this point in the year. Good trade.

Undrafted Free Agent
    That looks like a great trade. Bulger is an elite fantasy QB right now( no need for Collins). It&#39;s time to think playoffs. You did a great job upgrading at RB. Now just pick up Warner for insurance. I&#39;m trying to do the same thing. I have Bulger and Brooks but deperatelty need a WR. Hope I can get some quality for Brooks.

All Pro
    Keep riding Bulger. He is piling up the yardage and will get his fair share of TD&#39;s in that offense. Collins big plus to him is the elite group of receivers (Shockey, Toomer and Hillard, as well as Barber out of the backfield), but Bulger will do fine.

I&#39;m not sold on Greise, and since you only need 1 QB, you&#39;re OK. Picking up Plummer is a good move. Denver loves to run, but they have fine W/R&#39;s.

Davis and Holmes. WOW&#33;&#33;&#33; 2 guys who are the majority of their teams offense. Great trade.