Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign of a real fan

Veteran
    All of these posts about real fans...... A real true jets fan/season ticket holder would still be going to games this year starting in 2 weeks.... will be still going to games in Dec vs the Pats... that is the test...team is out of it and you still show up every Sunday wearing your gear etc. The funny thing the Jets will see 40,000 tops the rest of the season.

I know I will be there..will you??????? I may complain a ton but remain loyal to the end...even remember sitting through 8 home losses under Kotite.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm with ya 4-H.........I was there too, sitting in the stands all by myself because none of my "friends" would go to the game......I sat in the car in the parking lot all by myself waiting to go into the stadium.........my section was empty.........I froze my butt off and still sat in my seat until the clock read 00:00..........

When you're a fan, you are a fan all the way........till death do us part....

Rookie
    I'm hoping most of these fans don't go to the games, or at least enough for me and my pals to snag some descent tickets so I can go!

Brenjetsfan
    in the 14 years I have had my seats....I missed 1 game Christmas Eve against the saints in the early 90's...I wound up in the ER...so I had no choice....

1 preseason game ...I was on girls weekend ...WHEW WEEEEE just could not get out of that one

and sat till the end of every game rain,snow, sleet and hail...just like our MAILMEN -n- women......

Veteran
    The mark of a good fan is to remain loyal. We don't have to be happy about the season, but we have to be there at the Meadowlands and show support.

All Pro
    yeah i have to say i have not missed any games due to choice... usually sick and even then it treied to go -
    i was there at thet Christmas eve vs the Saints - High Douglas rookie year he had a Fg block... i remeber it well

i will will be at the remaining games - i even took off december 2 so i can stay for the full monday night game vs the titans

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I will miss the Jacksonville game due to business, but I will be at the rest wearing my green and white. I may ***** when the team sucks, but I still love my Jets B)

All Pro
    jet man your right - its like that pesty sibling or pain in the a$$ cousin that keps borrowing money - you want to strangle them - but in the end they are family and you love them!!!!

Banned
    As usual I'll be @ every home game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by djaparz@Nov 7 2003, 09:38 AM
    jet man your right - its like that pesty sibling or pain in the a$$ cousin that keps borrowing money - you want to strangle them - but in the end they are family and you love them!!!!
    You hit the nail right on the head!!!

As I always say, If I ever have a heart attack, it will be at a Jets game

i don't have season tickets so hopefully I'll be able to pick up some decent tickets as well....... i also just booked a trip up to buffalo for the dec 7th game...........for better or for worse, till death do us part...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Timby01@Nov 7 2003, 10:02 AM
    i don't have season tickets so hopefully I'll be able to pick up some decent tickets as well....... i also just booked a trip up to buffalo for the dec 7th game...........for better or for worse, till death do us part...
    Great Timmy.........you can join the rest of us.....do you need a ticket for the game, I am making a call today for more tickets........

I have missed 8 jets home games since 1978, and all of those games were missed because of Family obligation (either weddings or Funerals).

I have also gone on more than 25 road trips to see the Jets play. (22 stadiums and we are 18 and 4 on my first trip to the stadium).

I will be in Indy, and I will be all the home games this year, there is never a reason to give up on them.

Rookie
    abso-#%#@-ing-lutely! it is very easy to forget how fortunate we are to be able to attend these games. no matter what, this is professional football. some of the fans need to take it like the players do, one game at a time. last season was the first season my dad and i were lucky enough to start going to these games. and unless the meadowlands falls through a crack in the earth, we are damn sure gonna be at every game!

i don't care what our record is....GO JETS!! lets see what they're going to do each game that makes them better.

Veteran
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    I also consider my self a true FAN I now live in South Florida since 1993 and I have yet to miss my Jets here in South Florida when they come down.

I also make my trip up to NYC for one Jets game and I find a way to get tickets.

See you all down here in sunny South Florida in December....

JETS ....

Rookie
    Without a doubt I'll be at every remaining game. Especially NE on December 20th!

GO JETS!

Veteran
    i guess i'm not a true fan cuz there's no way in hell i'm shlepping to the meadowllands after work on a Monday to see the Titans.

at least i know where i can sell unwanted tickets.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'll be there tailgating and all. After all we are only 3 games out of a wild card with 9 to go. Anything can happen.

All League
    That Saint Game was in '95 and it was the day after the Giant snowball game. I remember the aisles were covered in snow/ice and I was FREEZING. We were shut out and lost as usual in those days, I've been to every game since 1990 and have no plans to quit anytime soon.

Practice Squad
    Well kinda hard to go to the games since i'm in Scotland but I still want to come over before the end of the season to catch a game