Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which team will self destruct...

Veteran
    I see Miami going through it's annual December choking. I think Indy's in for a rude awakening. The Pats will cling to the top, but I don't think they could suffer any more injuries or can they? I feel the time is right for the Jets to make a late season push but will it be enough for a wildcard? The AFCW is in dissarray. Oakland's done. Chargers, done. The Broncos need Plummer back to be contenders. The Chiefs are a lock for the division. The AFCN is a weak division as well. The Browns suck. The Bengals are a year away from playoff contention. The Steelers will fold. The Ravens definitely have a shot. The AFCS is interesting. I like the Titans to stay atop the division. The Colts are overrated but their record will get them the wildcard. What do you guys think?

Home Field: KC
    Bye: AFC South Winner Tennessee or Indianapolis

3 Seed: NE Patriots
    4 Seed: Baltimore Ravens (cause they win the weakest division ever)
    5 Seed: Tenness or Indianapolis
    6 Seed: Denver Broncos (if the get Plumber back soon) or the Dolphins (if Wanstadt doesn't loose total control of the team and what about December)

Other teams that have a great shot, but may be left out:

Buffalo Bills (strong start, now the Coaches need to make some adjustments)
    Cincinnati Bangals (agree they are a year away)
    Cleveland Brown (have an easy schedule left, but need a QB to emerge and take over)

All League
    Top Seed-
    KC on schedule only-West

2- Titans-Central

3 - Pats-East

4-Ravens-North

5-Colts WC1

6-Broncos WC2

Titans will win the AFC

Veteran
    Chiefs take it all. <_<

All League
    If it happens, that will be a great game. But McNair looks unbeatable. Even at Arrowhead, McNair will be head and shoulders above Trent Green. And that will be the difference.

Veteran
    McNair is having a career year and could take the MVP.

All League
    I picked the Chiefs before the year started, so I&#39;ll stick with that pick to win it all, now that they are 8-0

Teams that will fold: Denver and Miami....Playoffs: KC, Patriots, Colts, Tennesse, Buffalo....who makes it from the AFC least division? Doesn&#39;t matter&#33;

Originally posted by JETSET47@Nov 8 2003, 04:15 PM
    I see Miami going through it&#39;s annual December choking.
    The way Miami is playing; it looks like December is coming early this year&#33; Unless they shock the Titans they will be in disarray.

Banned
    if i remember correctly, miami has a killer schedule coming up too...

Waterboy
    Chokesville-Carolina panthers. Something about this team reminds me of last years SD Chargers. I can see them falling real fast. Runner up-DAL Cowboys. They are not as good as their record indicates. At least not yet. Close 3rd runner up is the Patriots. Again, getting lucky with opponents who had key injuries at the time, or just didn&#39;t play well. But the case could be made for the injuries they have had themselves. But to me, no running game = no deep playoff run. But they will get into the playoffs. Also, MIN&#39;s 2 losses is starting to make me wonder about them. They can easily pull a Jeckyl and Hyde.

Current or soon to be studs-KC, obviously. It could be argued that they won a couple games thanks to SpT&#39;s or D and are overrated because of it, but that is how good teams win games, on all sides of the ball. Plus if Holmes stays healthy this team will be tough as hell in the playoffs. Very close 2nd is TEN. McNair is single handedly getting 30 pts for that team. And doing so with the likes of McCareins or a washed up E George. I really likem TEN to shine in the AFC and give them the 1 chance to upset KC. In the NFC I hate to say it but the Giants are alot better than their record indicates and can get on a hot streak real fast. I think they will make some noise come playoff time.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Riggins44@Nov 8 2003, 05:22 PM
    I picked the Chiefs before the year started, so I&#39;ll stick with that pick to win it all, now that they are 8-0

I would love to see the Chiefs take it all the way..........

Banned
    AFC SEEDS
    1 ~ Chiefs
    2 ~ Colts
    3 ~ Patriots
    4 ~ Ravens
    5 ~ Titans
    6 ~ Dolphins

WILD CARD ROUND
    Dolphins Over Patriots
    Titans Over Ravens

DIVISIONAL ROUND
    Chiefs Over Dolphins
    Titans Over Colts

AFC TITLE GAME
    Chiefs Over Titans

====================

NFC SEEDS
    1 ~ Vikings
    2 ~ Rams
    3 ~ Panthers
    4 ~ Eagles
    5 ~ Seahawks
    6 ~ Bucs

WILD CARD ROUND
    Panthers Over Bucs
    Eagles Over Seahawks

DIVISIONAL ROUND
    Vikings Over Eagles
    Rams Over Panthers

NFC TITLE GAME
    Vikings Over Rams

====================

SUPER BOWL XXXVIII ... Rematch of SB IV, with the same result
    Chiefs ~ 38
    Vikings ~ 24

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Nov 9 2003, 06:37 AM
    AFC SEEDS
    1 ~ Chiefs
    2 ~ Colts
    3 ~ Patriots
    4 ~ Ravens
    5 ~ Titans
    6 ~ Dolphins

WILD CARD ROUND
    Dolphins Over Patriots
    Titans Over Ravens

DIVISIONAL ROUND
    Chiefs Over Dolphins
    Titans Over Colts

AFC TITLE GAME
    Chiefs Over Titans

====================

NFC SEEDS
    1 ~ Vikings
    2 ~ Rams
    3 ~ Panthers
    4 ~ Eagles
    5 ~ Seahawks
    6 ~ Bucs

WILD CARD ROUND
    Panthers Over Bucs
    Eagles Over Seahawks

DIVISIONAL ROUND
    Vikings Over Eagles
    Rams Over Panthers

NFC TITLE GAME
    Vikings Over Rams

====================

SUPER BOWL XXXVIII ... Rematch of SB IV, with the same result
    Chiefs ~ 38
    Vikings ~ 24
    Yeah GJ&H, you think the Vikings are going to the SB? That&#39;ll be tough around the jetgirl house if it&#39;s the Chiefs/Vikings.......my brother has ALWAYS rooted for the Jets and Vikings, I even got him an autographed jersey from Cris Carter, that&#39;s how much he likes the Vikings..........and I love the Chiefs........this would be the first time he and I will be on a different page and rooting for a different team to win............I wonder if our relationship can handle this..... :o We&#39;ve never been on opposite sides of anything before.......even in family crisis...........

All League
    Hap Tooie...How can any Jet fan pick the stinking fish to win anything.

Pick the Chiefs to go all the way against the Vikes.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Titans and Mcnair are SOOOOO overrated&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; My GOD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I was amazed to learn the other day that the Titans only average 345 yds/gm total offense. I thought they had this massive scoring machine. The media has always been in love w/ Mcnair so......... Miami wins big over Titans today on way to the Superbowl. As far as your silly 1-6 seed predictions, I&#39;ll pass. I&#39;ll go RIGHT THROUGH TO THE END&#33; Miami wins it all.

Pats will falter
    Chiefs will lose minimum 5 of their last 8 games and get bounced out of playoffs in 1 st rd.....Vermiel cries...again

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Titans and Mcnair are SOOOOO overrated&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; My GOD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I was amazed to learn the other day that the Titans only average 345 yds/gm total offense. Not that there&#39;s anything wrong w/ 345 yds but when they&#39;re compared to the Rams I think that&#39;s insane. I thought they had this massive scoring machine. The media has always been in love w/ Mcnair so......... Miami wins big over Titans today on way to the Superbowl. As far as your silly 1-6 seed predictions, I&#39;ll pass. I&#39;ll go RIGHT THROUGH TO THE END&#33; Miami wins it all.

Pats will falter
    Chiefs will lose minimum 5 of their last 8 games and get bounced out of playoffs in 1 st rd.....Vermiel cries...again

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dude.......wake up and smell the coffee

Phins suck&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by jetgirl@Nov 9 2003, 06:45 AM
    and I love the Chiefs
    More than loyalty did you just commit your love to another team other than the Jets.

Are you being unfaithful?

In relationship terms we call this Cheating...In sports we call this banwangoning....

OK...Before you totally blowup...I&#39;m just kidding...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Boozer76@Nov 9 2003, 03:30 AM

But to me, no running game = no deep playoff run. But they will get into the playoffs.

Booz- Pats running game has averaged 103.7 yards per game.

Granted, it would be nice to have a premier back like Ricky Williams or Curtis Martin, but they don&#39;t.

If they continue to bang out 90-100 yards on the ground per game that would be fine.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Boozer76@Nov 9 2003, 07:30 AM
    Current or soon to be studs-KC, obviously. It could be argued that they won a couple games thanks to SpT&#39;s or D and are overrated because of it, but that is how good teams win games, on all sides of the ball.
    Booz - the Chiefs defense is not good. They give up way too much yardage and when they hit the playoffs the good teams will exploit that. They have been lucky that Dante Hall has bailed them out. He has won three games for them alone. They will make the playoffs, it would be hard for them not to, but they will not last that long. A team like Tennessee with threats on both sides will crush them.