Thread: From the mouths of the innocent..

All League
    Today after the game, my Girlfriend, who befor a year and a half ago had NEVER watched an NFL game in her life, looked at me and asked, "Since those guys that were playing defense today are so old and, yeah, they really looked kinda slow, well, if they're doing such a bad job and the Jets are pretty much out of it, why not start the next string? I mean, let the younger players play. At least that way, you know if they're any good, right?"

I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself...I mean, heres a person that has ZERO Football knowledge for the most part, and SHE GETS IT better than Herm. Herm is an ass, and the next time I see him on the sideline, mouth agape, head tilted like the stinkin' RCA Dog looking lost, confused and downright stupid, I think I'll puke.

Also, the green pants suck.

END HERMS TERM!

Hall Of Fame
    welcome to the other side....

Banned
    Originally posted by JetMedic@Nov 17 2003, 01:14 AM
    Herm is an ass, and the next time I see him on the sideline, mouth agape, head tilted like the stinkin' RCA Dog looking lost, confused and downright stupid, I think I'll puke.

Tell us what you really think. :lol:

Charter JI Member

Agree, the one good thing that came of the loss is maybe we won't have to see them anymore.

Banned
    Originally posted by jetswin+Nov 17 2003, 11:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetswin @ Nov 17 2003, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetMedic@Nov 17 2003, 01:14 AM

Agree, the one good thing that came of the loss is maybe we won&#39;t have to see them anymore. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, just like last year.

For marketing purposes I can understand a different jersey ie the Eagles. But who would order green pants from the nflshop.com? :blink:

All Pro
    Today after the game, my Girlfriend, who befor a year and a half ago had NEVER watched an NFL game in her life, looked at me and asked, "Since those guys that were playing defense today are so old and, yeah, they really looked kinda slow, well, if they&#39;re doing such a bad job and the Jets are pretty much out of it, why not start the next string? I mean, let the younger players play. At least that way, you know if they&#39;re any good, right?"

I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself...I mean, heres a person that has ZERO Football knowledge for the most part, and SHE GETS IT better than Herm. Herm is an ass, and the next time I see him on the sideline, mouth agape, head tilted like the stinkin&#39; RCA Dog looking lost, confused and downright stupid, I think I&#39;ll puke.

END HERMS TERM&#33;
    Does your girlfriend have time to be the Jets defensive coordinator next year? She sounds like she would be an immediate upgrade.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    the really sad thing is that the second string does play, they just suck too.

Does anyone know who the nickel CB was for the game? Ray Green. Sweet.

How about the backup safety? Thats right everyone&#39;s favorite 5&#39;8 guy not named Ray, TYRONE CARTER (you&#39;ll remember him from Reggie Wayne&#39;s 30 yard pass play late in the game)

Hobson played, but was hurt and not hot. Bryan Thomas is the second string DE. Glenn played and actually played decent. Either way not one of these 3 is ready for prime-time.

hey I hope they shake it up and start all youth... but that&#39;s no guaruntees that the games get prettier on sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Today after the game, my Girlfriend, who befor a year and a half ago had NEVER watched an NFL game in her life, looked at me and asked, "Since those guys that were playing defense today are so old and, yeah, they really looked kinda slow, well, if they&#39;re doing such a bad job and the Jets are pretty much out of it, why not start the next string? I mean, let the younger players play. At least that way, you know if they&#39;re any good, right?"

I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself...I mean, heres a person that has ZERO Football knowledge for the most part, and SHE GETS IT better than Herm. Herm is an ass, and the next time I see him on the sideline, mouth agape, head tilted like the stinkin&#39; RCA Dog looking lost, confused and downright stupid, I think I&#39;ll puke.

END HERMS TERM&#33;
    the key there medic is after this game, now is the time for the youth movement, not last week or the previous weeks, now at 7 losses we can "see what we gots in the youngstas", agreed... but what other young guys are there to play???

Pagel, a joke
    Glenn, should see more time
    Khambell, should see time
    Walters already playing and looking solid
    Mark Brown should get a shot, but just signed to PS
    we don&#39;t have any young DBs to test out
    There are no other young DLs to play-Tank has been getting reps already

who are these young guys that should be getting playing Time???? Everybody is crying about the same thing but give me names, who am I leaving off of this list??? our secondary is depleted there is no youth there, besides I&#39;m thinking defense not offense here thatis the concern right

Veteran
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Nov 17 2003, 02:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Nov 17 2003, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetMedic@Nov 17 2003, 01:14 AM

END HERMS TERM&#33;
    the key there medic is after this game, now is the time for the youth movement, not last week or the previous weeks, now at 7 losses we can "see what we gots in the youngstas", agreed... but what other young guys are there to play???

Pagel, a joke

who are these young guys that should be getting playing Time???? Everybody is crying about the same thing but give me names, who am I leaving off of this list??? our secondary is depleted there is no youth there, besides I&#39;m thinking defense not offense here thatis the concern right [/b][/quote]
    they ought to do what some colleges do,,,have tryouts amongst the fans for a roster spot or two,,,great PR,,,,
    I can just imagine how funny it would be when Mean Bro outplays some of the current roster...
    Mean Bro could have done a better job tacking than the Jets did Sunday...

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by southernjet+Nov 17 2003, 12:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (southernjet @ Nov 17 2003, 12:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Nov 17 2003, 02:11 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--JetMedic
    @Nov 17 2003, 01:14 AM

END HERMS TERM&#33;

Pagel, a joke

who are these young guys that should be getting playing Time???? Everybody is crying about the same thing but give me names, who am I leaving off of this list??? our secondary is depleted there is no youth there, besides I&#39;m thinking defense not offense here thatis the concern right
    they ought to do what some colleges do,,,have tryouts amongst the fans for a roster spot or two,,,great PR,,,,
    I can just imagine how funny it would be when Mean Bro outplays some of the current roster...
    Mean Bro could have done a better job tacking than the Jets did Sunday... [/b][/quote]
    yeah I could run up on some of those guys and flash a picture of Vida&#39;s ass and then when they stop to stare I will knock their asses out&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Nov 17 2003, 02:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Nov 17 2003, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -southernjet@Nov 17 2003, 12:21 PM
    Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Nov 17 2003, 02:11 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--JetMedic
    @Nov 17 2003, 01:14 AM

END HERMS TERM&#33;

Pagel, a joke

Mean Bro could have done a better job tacking than the Jets did Sunday...
    yeah I could run up on some of those guys and flash a picture of Vida&#39;s ass and then when they stop to stare I will knock their asses out&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    hell yeah,,,now see that,,,he is already more creative and motivated then half our roster....

lets have the tryouts,,,what position u want,,they are all up for grabs except QB.............