Thread: LEAVING EARLY

All League
    In my opinion, I think most of us would've signed up for down by 4 with 4 minutes left in the game and the ball in The Kid's hands.

The fact that so many of our fans decided to leave when that was the scenario is ridiculous to me. I can't imagine leaving early when a TD brings us to victory, especially with our team's recent ability to score in a hurry, and as far as commuting time, I drive in from the Poconos. As far as having responsibility and sh*# to do, what's really the difference between getting home at 6PM or 8PM? I can understand (kinda&#39 when people leave the Monday Night games early, but when it's a close, 1PM game and you've been out of the house since 8AM anyway, why leave?

Anyway, your loss.

I STILL (against all logic) BELIEVE!!

J - E - T - S ...... JETSJETSJETS!!!!

Veteran
    becasue some of us have a life to get back to.

All League
    Right......a life

In between work, my wife of ten years, my 7 year old daughter, my 6 year old son, my house, my dog and my friends - I gotta' get me one of those! B)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ed,
    any time you want to ride to 16H I always have extra room in the car. I live in Mt Bethel, not far from you.

Originally posted by edcopp@Nov 24 2003, 10:38 AM
    In my opinion, I think most of us would've signed up for down by 4 with 4 minutes left in the game and the ball in The Kid's hands.

The fact that so many of our fans decided to leave when that was the scenario is ridiculous to me. I can't imagine leaving early when a TD brings us to victory, especially with our team's recent ability to score in a hurry, and as far as commuting time, I drive in from the Poconos. As far as having responsibility and sh*# to do, what's really the difference between getting home at 6PM or 8PM? I can understand (kinda&#39 when people leave the Monday Night games early, but when it's a close, 1PM game and you've been out of the house since 8AM anyway, why leave?

Anyway, your loss.

I STILL (against all logic) BELIEVE!!

J - E - T - S ...... JETSJETSJETS!!!!
    I left having nothing to do with getting home early....

I left because they Jets played with no heart for the last 4 minutes of the Colts game and the first 56 minutes of the Jags game.

I left because I am tired of our team playing not to win, but playing not to loose which we ussually find a way to...

Our defense hasn't stopped anyone in 2 weeks, what makes me think they were going to stop the Jags offense with 3 minutes to go...

Look if you stayed, you got to see a good ending to a horrible game, since I left I got he hear a good ending to a horrible game.

So what...Let it rest...If I lived in LA I would have showed up late and left early anyway.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Here we go again. There's not enough blame to go around for this mess, so why not bash our fellow fans? Look, I pay for these tickets so that I can be entertained. Sitting in the stands there's only so much I can do. I go to as many games as I can, home AND away, and I'm as loud as possible. When we squeak out a meaningless win against a horrible team, I just can't regret heading out after 4th & 4. We got pasted down there last year and I had to sit through it. Is it too much to ask that we beat them in the same fashion up here?

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Nov 30 2003, 12:35 AM
    Here we go again. There's not enough blame to go around for this mess, so why not bash our fellow fans? Look, I pay for these tickets so that I can be entertained. Sitting in the stands there's only so much I can do. I go to as many games as I can, home AND away, and I'm as loud as possible. When we squeak out a meaningless win against a horrible team, I just can't regret heading out after 4th & 4. We got pasted down there last year and I had to sit through it. Is it too much to ask that we beat them in the same fashion up here?
    Although there was a hi-light from the game in Jacksonville last year.

1. Chad Pennington got start his career as a starter, sorry that Vinny got hurt, but it was best for our team.

2. I got totally wasted from partying with some friends down there that we barely made the plane back to Newark the next morning at 8 AM.