Thread: Canes vs Pitt

All League
    With both Fitzgerald and Taylor in this game should be a lot of intrest to Jets fans

Banned
    Originally posted by FlaGreen@Nov 29 2003, 09:39 PM
    With both Fitzgerald and Taylor in this game should be a lot of intrest to Jets fans
    And with D.J. Williams, super freak linebacker with great speed, great size, and great playmaking ability!!

Veteran
    Williams is having a good showing so far, he just got a nice sack.

Banned
    Originally posted by nyjet80@Nov 29 2003, 10:07 PM
    Williams is having a good showing so far, he just got a nice sack.
    Everytime I watch this guy, he's always all over the field, he always makes at least 2 or 3 great big plays every game.

Great in coverage, against the run, and can blitz like a monster.

He's between 245lbs and 250lbs, with 4.4 speed. This is the playmaker the JETS desperately need at linebacker.

The Jets would be wise to slide McGraw down to SS (make him bulk up in weight) and draft this STUD Sean Taylor.... Kid is a machine.

I dont care what anybody says, on Taylors INT Fitzgerald heard footsteps, Sean Taylor's footsteps and he led up on that ball.

Draft this kid.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Banned
    Why move McGraw to Strong Safety, Sean Taylor even though he plays Free Safety, the man is a natural Strong Safety.

6'2, 230, yes the man projects to play either safety position in the NFL, like his much smaller former teammate Ed Reed in Baltimore. Played Free Safety in College, is dominant at strong Safety in the pros.

We need Sean Taylor or DJ williams for sure, one of them will be our first rounders....

Which would you rather have??

I pick S.Taylor but am curious of others pics

Banned
    Originally posted by MachineGunFunk@Nov 30 2003, 01:18 PM
    We need Sean Taylor or DJ williams for sure, one of them will be our first rounders....

Which would you rather have??

I pick S.Taylor but am curious of others pics
    The JETS need secondary help for sure, but Linebacker help sticks out like a sore thumb big time.

The JETS need playmakers at linebacker big time. So I'd say take D.J. Williams. He's a Freak of nature with his talent, he's got Brian Urlacher and Lavar Arrington talent.

All League
    As long as the Jets draft a UM Cane I'll be happy. I think Taylor is a safer pick in that, IMO, big hype 1st round LBs have some weird curse where they always get injured. Maybe I'm just thinking of ShadeTree, Dan Morgan, Rob Morris, Claiborne. Only real exception is Urlacher.

Anyway, as long as we draft from UM I'll be happy.

Larry Fitzgerald!

Banned
    Originally posted by Gas2No99@Nov 30 2003, 01:52 PM
    As long as the Jets draft a UM Cane I'll be happy. I think Taylor is a safer pick in that, IMO, big hype 1st round LBs have some weird curse where they always get injured. Maybe I'm just thinking of ShadeTree, Dan Morgan, Rob Morris, Claiborne. Only real exception is Urlacher.

Anyway, as long as we draft from UM I'll be happy.
    Urlacher, Arrington, Ray lewis, Takeo Spikes and many others.

Most of those Linebackers you named had big time injury problems in college. D.J. Williams hasn't missed 1 game since his freshman year.

He came to Miami as a linebacker, but since he couldn't start yet at LB, he wanted to just play, so he asked to play Fullback. He started everygame at Fullback in the 2000 season. Then 2001-2003, he started all games at the Weakside Linebacker position and plays everysingle down.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Pardon my ignorance because i'm not as up on these guys yet as some of you are, but is sure seems like most of these picks your talking about will go in the top 5or 7 picks. I don't think there is any chance we are going to pick below 10 unless we "run the table".

Banned
    Originally posted by jetsons12@aol.com@Nov 30 2003, 08:36 PM
    Pardon my ignorance because i'm not as up on these guys yet as some of you are, but is sure seems like most of these picks your talking about will go in the top 5or 7 picks. I don't think there is any chance we are going to pick below 10 unless we "run the table".
    D.J. Williams will be around. Taylor won't be.