Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crowd

Banned
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but I thought the fans who attended last night were awesome. A 4-7 team and the fans were into it big time. Great job, Hell of a game to be at .

All Pro
    I agree, I even heard a european soccer like chant towards the end (the beers must have been really kicking in).

The fans at the game did Jets nation good last night.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by pope@Dec 2 2003, 02:23 PM
    I agree, I even heard a european soccer like chant towards the end (the beers must have been really kicking in).

That was no european chant. That was the remaining stunned fans screaming ' KNEEL THE BALL, KNEEL THE BALL!!'

But being there myself, I was a little dissapointed that there were alot of empty seats. I would venture a guess that their were about 10,000 empty seats scattered amonst the stadium. But the die hards who were there were plenty loud to do our great city proud on a national MNF game.

All League
    Originally posted by Boozer76+Dec 2 2003, 04:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Dec 2 2003, 04:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope@Dec 2 2003, 02:23 PM

That was no european chant. That was the remaining stunned fans screaming &#39; KNEEL THE BALL, KNEEL THE BALL&#33;&#33;&#39; [/b][/quote]
    yeah really, that was a disaster waiting to happen.

Im still confused on what they were thinking.

Veteran

I agree...the fans were awesome.
    I was stoked watching on TV.
    I think the chant you heard wasnt a chant but a song that was being played and the crowd chimed in..again it sounded awesome...
    made me proud.....

All Pro
    "That was no european chant. That was the remaining stunned fans screaming &#39; KNEEL THE BALL, KNEEL THE BALL&#33;&#33;&#39;

Booz, could you imagine Herm on the other end of the Miracle at the Meadowlands Part 2 :blink:

This guy still doesn&#39;t get it..........yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Matt39+Dec 2 2003, 02:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Matt39 @ Dec 2 2003, 02:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Boozer76@Dec 2 2003, 04:25 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--pope
    @Dec 2 2003, 02:23 PM

That was no european chant. That was the remaining stunned fans screaming &#39; KNEEL THE BALL, KNEEL THE BALL&#33;&#33;&#39;
    yeah really, that was a disaster waiting to happen.

Im still confused on what they were thinking. [/b][/quote]
    I think Hackett was still trying to establish the run at the end there.

Great game to be there in person, but still a few too many idiots in the crowd.

The NE game is going to be a bloodbath in the stands.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by D-BYRD+Dec 2 2003, 02:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D-BYRD @ Dec 2 2003, 02:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope@Dec 2 2003, 02:23 PM

I think the chant you heard wasnt a chant but a song that was being played and the crowd chimed in..again it sounded awesome...
    made me proud..... [/b][/quote]
    No really, it was the fans chanting &#39;KNEEL THE BALL, KNEEL THE BALL". That wasn&#39;t a joke, it was actually what they were saying.

Waterboy

I just had a thought about it Pope. C Martin was 7 yards away from passing OJ Simpson on the all time rushing list. (And people don&#39;t think C Martin will go to the HOF :blink: ) I think Herm might have been trying to let C Martin get that on national TV. That doesn&#39;t make it right at all, but it&#39;s the only logical explanation of it.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Boozer76+Dec 2 2003, 02:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Dec 2 2003, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -D-BYRD@Dec 2 2003, 02:27 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--pope

made me proud.....
    No really, it was the fans chanting &#39;KNEEL THE BALL, KNEEL THE BALL". That wasn&#39;t a joke, it was actually what they were saying. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: ..but earlier in the 4th it sounded like a song was being played and the crowd was singing parts of the song....or maybe that was my 6 month old spitting up in my ear.. :lol:

Waterboy
    Originally posted by D-BYRD+Dec 2 2003, 02:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D-BYRD @ Dec 2 2003, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Boozer76@Dec 2 2003, 02:31 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--pope

made me proud.....

No really, it was the fans chanting &#39;KNEEL THE BALL, KNEEL THE BALL". That wasn&#39;t a joke, it was actually what they were saying.
    :lol: :lol: ..but earlier in the 4th it sounded like a song was being played and the crowd was singing parts of the song....or maybe that was my 6 month old spitting up in my ear.. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Oh yeah, they do that at most of the games. It&#39;s that "hidy hidy hidy ho, eedy eedy eedy eee, etc.. &#39; song. Can&#39;t think of the singer or the name of the song though.

All Pro
    Booz, I wouldn&#39;t put it past Herm to do something that stupid but I doubt the Jets would have pulled a Raider like fiasco and drug out Martin&#39;s family in golf carts for 20 minutes so I don&#39;t see what the point would have been other than to have Madden blabber about it.

Don&#39;t look for Jordan to have many more carries until Martin gets his 1,000, that&#39;s just Herm being Herm.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: Hermm still does not get it???

Give him a friggin break...yeh we did not kneel the ball early but we won...sheesh. Enjoy the friggn win and get ready for Buffalo.

All League
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Dec 2 2003, 04:45 PM
    :ph34r: Hermm still does not get it???

Give him a friggin break...yeh we did not kneel the ball early but we won...sheesh. Enjoy the friggn win and get ready for Buffalo.
    cmon jetsfreak, even you gotta admit you cant take risks like that when the game is essentially won already.

If anyone, Herm should know that, cuz hes been on the other end of that fiasco

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Boozer76@Dec 2 2003, 01:36 PM
    Oh yeah, they do that at most of the games. It&#39;s that "hidy hidy hidy ho, eedy eedy eedy eee, etc.. &#39; song. Can&#39;t think of the singer or the name of the song though.
    Red Buttons??

All Pro
    Originally posted by Boozer76+Dec 2 2003, 02:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Dec 2 2003, 02:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -D-BYRD@Dec 2 2003, 02:34 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--pope

made me proud.....

:lol: :lol: ..but earlier in the 4th it sounded like a song was being played and the crowd was singing parts of the song....or maybe that was my 6 month old spitting up in my ear.. :lol:
    Oh yeah, they do that at most of the games. It&#39;s that "hidy hidy hidy ho, eedy eedy eedy eee, etc.. &#39; song. Can&#39;t think of the singer or the name of the song though. [/b][/quote]
    Cab Calloway.........

All League
    Yeah - what gives?

We went in through gate C and we didn&#39;t get anything either.

Although I do have that beautiful, suitable for framing team pic&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by dmaynard@Dec 2 2003, 02:02 PM
    Cab Calloway.........
    Dam..And I even saw the Cotton Club&#33;&#33; I must be getting senile&#33; :ph34r:

Waterboy
    Originally posted by dmaynard+Dec 2 2003, 03:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dmaynard @ Dec 2 2003, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Boozer76@Dec 2 2003, 02:36 PM
    Originally posted by -D-BYRD@Dec 2 2003, 02:34 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--pope

made me proud.....

Cab Calloway......... [/b][/quote]
    Thank you. Don&#39;t know why I couldn&#39;t think of it.

All League
    Cab also does that song in "the Blues Brothers" movie - he plays the guy from the orphanage who helps out Jake and Elwood. He sings "Minnie the Moocher" to kill time before they can get to the show - kinda&#39; cool fantasy sequence.