Thread: Article in Daily news made me smile

Banned
    I was on my morning A train to Manhattan and i bought the Daily news like every morning, when i read the article about the Jets...I was beaming. The article basically broke down the chances the jets have for the playoffs. It was the first non "lost season" article that i have read in a long time. I know the Jets are a very longshot to make the playoffs but at least it gives some incentive to scoreboard watch and pray for a jets run.

By the time i got off the train I was beaming so much....goes to show what a monday night win can do for a team.

LL

Man, I feel good. I told my bro..if the Jets beat the Titans..I have a feeling they will run off wins till the end of the season....i hope my prediction comes true.

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

I hope so too LL.

We still have a glimmer, slim as it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All these playoff scenarios are funny. It's all based on The Jets running the table. Which is going to be VERY HARD.

The funniest scenario, I heard yesterday was if The Titans lose their last 4 games and The Jets win out. Both teams finish at 9 and 7 and The Jets get in over The Titans because they beat them head to head.lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Dec 3 2003, 12:59 PM
    All these playoff scenarios are funny. It's all based on The Jets running the table. Which is going to be VERY HARD.

The funniest scenario, I heard yesterday was if The Titans lose their last 4 games and The Jets win out. Both teams finish at 9 and 7 and The Jets get in over The Titans because they beat them head to head.lol
    You're right YJF, it would be hard but how many people really believed we would beat the Titans Monday night? I for one did. Hard yes but definitely NOT impossible but even if we don't squeak in I'll still be happy if we run the table.

All Pro
    ok now i have to ask a dumb question - what if we end up 8 - 8... is there still a chance of us making the playoffs???

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by djaparz@Dec 3 2003, 01:15 PM
    ok now i have to ask a dumb question - what if we end up 8 - 8... is there still a chance of us making the playoffs???
    Not unless all the 7-5 teams lose out (Cinc, Balt,and Denver) and the Dolphins lose out and we would have to beat them at the end of the season. I probably have a better chance of hitting the Lotto than all of those things happening.

Hall Of Fame
    i read somewhere that yes it is possible for the jets to get in at even 8-8 but a million things would have to happen. 9-7, 8-8 whatever its going to be near impossible but not totally impossible

All Pro
    8-8 is possible, but there are a few pre-requisits:

Fish must lose all 4 remaining games.
    Jets can't lose to Bills, Pats or Fish. The loss would have to be to the Steelers, who can't finish any better than 7-9.
    All 7-5 teams must finish no better than 8-8, but several must lose certain games, to insure that we beat them in the conference record.

In short - you have a better chance of winning Mega-Millions, than the Jets do of seeing the playoffs with an 8-8 record. <_<