Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lmaont Jordan

All Pro
    Should start hodling on to the ball rather than complaining about getting it more - he just blew a huge opportunity to score for us after Curtis's great run!!!

Hold the ball and shut your mouth Lamont

and yes i do think he is a good RB

and don't go blaming the thumb...your in the game do the job....I agree he is a good RB, but needs to stop talking with Tiki Barber for tips...

All League
    If he ever expects to be a featured back here or where ever he and his agent think might trade for him, he's gonna have to hang onto the ball.

The "play Lamont" threads are gonna be dead for a while.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Looks like he got one touch too many today, eh?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He can't hold on to the ball & Mickens can't catch the ball...package them both and trade them to Dallas or to whoever may want them....Enough is enough..the game was over till he drops the ball..does this to often..C-YA

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Unfortunately, I always hold my breath when Lamont carries or when I see Chad throw the ball to Becht or Conway. That's just the reputation they've earned. Lamont ruined a chance for the Jets to put that game away for good, without the worry later.

Veteran
    Lamont credited with the first Jets fumble? 2 touches, 2 drops?

All Pro
    i think under normal conditions he is a good rb - but you knwo what Curtis showed what a a great RB does - horrible conditiosn and he held every carry -

Veteran
    he needs a change of scenery.

detroit might give us a number 2 pick for him.................

All Pro
    Originally posted by chops44@Dec 14 2003, 05:34 PM
    he needs a change of scenery.

detroit might give us a number 2 pick for him.................
    you know what with our luck with draft picks i thin i keep Lamont

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yeah..Lets kill Lamont!! I still haven't forgiven him for the Fumble
    in 99 when it cost us Vinny for our predicted Super Bowl Run that
    year..Oh,wait a minute that was Cumar..Never mind!! :lol:

Undrafted Free Agent
    WHY DID HERM GIVE HIM THE BALL ANYWAY - HERM HAS BEEN WORRIED ABOUT HIS WRIST AND HAS NOT BEEN GIVING HIM THE BALL LATELY - HERM THEN PUTS HIM IN WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE IN THE SNOW. WHAT IS HE THINKING. YES LAMONT IS TO SHARE BLAME BUT A COACH IS SUPPOSED TO PUT PLAYERS IN SITUATIONS IN WHICH THEY CAN BE SUCCESSFUL. OBVIOUSLY THIS WAS NOT THAT TYPE OF SITUATION.

One fumble does not change the fact that he is a young talent with power and speed. Easy up on him guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I, for one, will ease up on him when he plays up to the potential of those who tout him so highly. Yes, I've seen the brilliant runs, against Oakland in the 2000 finale and last year to put the finishing touches on San Diego. But all too often I see the shaky hands when the "D" crashes in on him. Not all the time. Just enough to be worrisome. Lots of Giants fans love Tiki Barber, but they hold their head in their hands because of the games he loses with those fumbles. Same potential with Lamont, that's my concern.

Honestly i think its a no lose situation for the JETS.

He has got power & speed and he is young. With good coaching he can be an offensive weapon and a game winner for atleast the next 4-5 seasons.
    The parallel that comes to mind is Ahman Green. He had a reputation as a fumbler, and Seattle traded him away for a 2nd round pick to Green Bay. And even though he has fumbled the ball once in a while, there is no doubt he has been amongst the top 5 running backs in the NFL the past few seasons and been a big part of Green Bays success.

On the other hand if the JETS get a 2nd round draft pick in this draft which is loaded with talent, it would not be a bad deal either. The JETS have too many holes and i think the running back situation is the least of the worries.

Originally posted by NYJetsro71@Dec 14 2003, 05:52 PM
    One fumble does not change the fact that he is a young talent with power and speed. Easy up on him guys.
    Jordan fumbles a lot in big spots. I am starting to question him myself. I would like to see him do it day in and day out like Curtis Martin. I think Jordan might be a nice backup his whole career.

Just my opinion. What do i know though.

All Pro
    Backs fumble. If its as often as Tiki, I'd be upset or worried but lamont is nowhere near that. What bothered me is that he complained TO THE PRESS that the coaches aren't playing him b/c theys till feel his hand wasn't 100%. He was *****ing. I always say don't air your dirty laundry so I was pissed even b/f the fumble. But then in a key moment, what does he do? I guess the coaches were right, huh buddy? Next time Lamont:. SHUT UP!!

Go ahead and enjoy bashing LJ....now is the perfect time to do so but I'm never giving up my stance that with an opportunity to carry the ball consistently (20-25 carries a game) he will be a top notch back in the NFL.

This is the low point in his career but I have no doubt LJ will bounce back nicely and have a fine career, unfortunately, it looks more and more like it'll happen in a different uni.

Cumar had a terrific game and is deserving of all the accolades he receives but if anyone were to ask me, who's the best running back on Jets roster?
    Without a doubt, (at this point in their respective careers) the answer is LAMONT JORDAN!!!!!!

GIVE LJ THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!

Practice Squad
    Lamont bashers make me laugh ... LOL ... see? Anyway, Sowell fumbled with Parcells, look at him now ... Moss wasn't given much credit, look at him now ... many wanted Ellis gone, look at him now. To become a mature player, you have to PLAY! Sadly, it won't happen with Martin here. Lamont will move on and excel and many here will eat crow ... too bad it'll be too late.

All League
    Originally posted by Mathis81@Dec 14 2003, 05:29 PM
    Lamont credited with the first Jets fumble? 2 touches, 2 drops?
    Actually the official scoring credits Pennington for the fumbles as the ball was losted during the exchange. Lamont never had possession. Clearly responsibilty for this fiasco resides with Jordan, Pennington and Edwards. If you look at the bulk of Jordan's fumbles they happen on the exchange. This is a chronic problem and large part of the responsibility for chronic problems lies at the top.