Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Herms Saturday night motivational speech

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    I've been reading in all the papers how Herms speech fired up the team..It is unfortunate that it was to late..He should have made the speech a lnog time ago..

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    One again, his time management strikes again. :lol:

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    :ph34r: yep his time management struck again but guess what??? We won the game....it also struck in the Titans game but guess what??? We won the game.



    Go for another excuse to get rid of Herm...this one is not good enough.

    A few of you Yahoos are saying you want the Jets to go for Cowher....I guess he made some magnificent play calling yesterday like punting on 4th and 1 in our territory!!!!

    I am in the minority but Herm is in his 3rd year as a head coach....two straight trips to the playoffs and in 2003 playing competitive even though the Jets have been decimated by injuries.

    After looking at some of these posts...the Jets might as well have lost the game yesterday!!! I will enjoy yesterdays victory.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    2,411
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Dec 15 2003, 12:14 PM
    : and in 2003 playing competitive even though the Jets have been decimated by injuries.

    come on wake up,,,cant give him credit for motivational wins and then blame players when we lay an eggg,,buffalo etc....

    New England has had a few injuries also,,u see injuries is when u really see the value of a coach...........

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    :ph34r: who the hell is talking about giving him credit??? How about a friggin chance? I don't care about new england ....I am talking about the Jets......he is a third year coach who has made the playoffs twice in a row....people want to get rid of him after this bad season??? Thats complete stupidity!!!!!


    We won a game yesterday....yeh we are 6-8 but we won.....i'll actually enjoy the victory.

    Wonder what Giants fans are saying this morning????

    We won a game yesterday.
    Our old wasted useless washed up running back rushed for 170 + yards against a good Steelers defense and had 58 yards receiving.

    Our inconsistent defense came up big when they had to but all you see on this site is get rid of herm etc.....there will be major changes in the off season and the head coach will not be one of them. We still have two games left.......thats what I am concentrating on. After the season...the whole sale changes will begin.


    Nuff Said

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Dec 15 2003, 12:14 PM
    After looking at some of these posts...the Jets might as well have lost the game yesterday!!! I will enjoy yesterdays victory.
    A lot of the posters here are pre-disposed to be negative.

    By any fair standard Herm's tenure with the JETS has been a success.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    :ph34r: omigod!!! a Jets fan (tailgators) that actually have a brain!!!!!!!!! !



    WOW!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,342
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Dec 15 2003, 12:14 PM
    :ph34r: yep his time management struck again but guess what??? We won the game....it also struck in the Titans game but guess what??? We won the game.



    Go for another excuse to get rid of Herm...this one is not good enough.

    A few of you Yahoos are saying you want the Jets to go for Cowher....I guess he made some magnificent play calling yesterday like punting on 4th and 1 in our territory!!!!

    I am in the minority but Herm is in his 3rd year as a head coach....two straight trips to the playoffs and in 2003 playing competitive even though the Jets have been decimated by injuries.

    After looking at some of these posts...the Jets might as well have lost the game yesterday!!! I will enjoy yesterdays victory.
    man you are high on this cowher talk this morning thats like the 4th post already

  9. #9
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by tailgators+Dec 15 2003, 12:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tailgators @ Dec 15 2003, 12:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak@Dec 15 2003, 12:14 PM
    After looking at some of these posts...the Jets might as well have lost the game yesterday&#33;&#33;&#33; I will enjoy yesterdays victory.
    A lot of the posters here are pre-disposed to be negative.

    By any fair standard Herm&#39;s tenure with the JETS has been a success. [/b][/quote]
    Okay now I am scared. I am agreeing with 2 of your posts. In a row.

    That must be some kind of record.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,343
    Lets break down Herms Tenure to date

    Year 1) 10-6
    Year2) 9-7
    Year 3) 8-8 at best more likely to be 6-10 or 9-7

    Yeah&#33;&#33;&#33; what a upwards trend


    Hermy made the playoffs 2 years in a row, So did Joe Walton

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    Originally posted by jetman67@Dec 15 2003, 01:58 PM
    Lets break down Herms Tenure to date

    Year 1) 10-6
    Year2) 9-7
    Year 3) 8-8 at best more likely to be 6-10 or 9-7

    Yeah&#33;&#33;&#33; what a upwards trend


    Hermy made the playoffs 2 years in a row, So did Joe Walton
    Perfect example of the negativity of some JETS fans.

    Herm won a Division Championship in his second year that&#39;s an improvement over a wild card berth. When you factor in the playoffs the JETS still won 10 games last season.

    And the JETS still have a great chance to have a winning home record this year in spite of everything that went wrong.

    All in all Herm&#39;s head coaching career has gotten off to an above average start.

    Lastly, don&#39;t forget that only 3 or 4 teams that made the playoffs last year will make it back this season.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    558
    Yeah, our season is not turning out the way we all wanted it to. Pats fans not withstanding. But I&#39;ve said it all year long, even though Herm needs to learn more Xs and Os stuff, he has done what a lot of other coaches failed to do. Keeping his players playing hard the way professionals are supposed to do, even with nothing on the line. 90% of losing teams coaches can&#39;t get their players to do that.
    Herm has admitted he will work on his shortcomings. Good for him, and I for one believe he will get better and so will the Jets. I don&#39;t want another coach here, PERIOD. I want stability for the Jets, something that has been lacking for a long time. Even Parcells only stayed around for 3 years. How many years does it take a rookie to become good, i.e. Chad, Santana, Laverneous, BT is still working on it. Herm can only get better. No matter what you people say or want, he will be here next year. Cry and ***** all you want. You can either get behind your team and enjoy this win, expect they get better, or become a Giants fan.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    2,411
    Originally posted by DoubleO@Dec 15 2003, 02:42 PM
    Yeah, our season is not turning out the way we all wanted it to. Pats fans not withstanding. But I&#39;ve said it all year long, even though Herm needs to learn more Xs and Os stuff, he has done what a lot of other coaches failed to do. Keeping his players playing hard the way professionals are supposed to do, even with nothing on the line. 90% of losing teams coaches can&#39;t get their players to do that.
    Herm has admitted he will work on his shortcomings. Good for him, and I for one believe he will get better and so will the Jets. I don&#39;t want another coach here, PERIOD. I want stability for the Jets, something that has been lacking for a long time. Even Parcells only stayed around for 3 years. How many years does it take a rookie to become good, i.e. Chad, Santana, Laverneous, BT is still working on it. Herm can only get better. No matter what you people say or want, he will be here next year. Cry and ***** all you want. You can either get behind your team and enjoy this win, expect they get better, or become a Giants fan.
    :blink:

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    Originally posted by DoubleO@Dec 15 2003, 02:42 PM
    Yeah, our season is not turning out the way we all wanted it to. Pats fans not withstanding. But I&#39;ve said it all year long, even though Herm needs to learn more Xs and Os stuff, he has done what a lot of other coaches failed to do. Keeping his players playing hard the way professionals are supposed to do, even with nothing on the line. 90% of losing teams coaches can&#39;t get their players to do that.
    Herm has admitted he will work on his shortcomings. Good for him, and I for one believe he will get better and so will the Jets. I don&#39;t want another coach here, PERIOD. I want stability for the Jets, something that has been lacking for a long time. Even Parcells only stayed around for 3 years. How many years does it take a rookie to become good, i.e. Chad, Santana, Laverneous, BT is still working on it. Herm can only get better. No matter what you people say or want, he will be here next year. Cry and ***** all you want. You can either get behind your team and enjoy this win, expect they get better, or become a Giants fan.
    According to yesterday&#39;s results there are plenty of teams with nothing to play for that are still fighting(Chicago, Cleveland, Arizona, SD) and some that are mailing it in(Washington, NYG), so Hermy isn&#39;t the only guy who&#39;s team is fighting. Obviously the 90% is way off. It would have been nice to see some of that fight last week against Buff when it mattered.

    I have seen nothing to indicate he will get better. His asst coach hirings are awful(R. Carter), he talent evaluation and usage is suspect, and while it&#39;s nice that he admits his shortcomings, it doesn&#39;t seem to translate into change.

    You ask how long it takes for a rookie to contribute. The answer is; under Herm longer than anywhere else because he doesn&#39;t like to play youth.

    Herm may not get better. I don&#39;t think he has to date.

    I know he will be here next year, it just doesn&#39;t give me any hope.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    2,411
    Originally posted by Piper+Dec 15 2003, 03:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Piper @ Dec 15 2003, 03:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DoubleO@Dec 15 2003, 02:42 PM
    Yeah, our season is not turning out the way we all wanted it to. Pats fans not withstanding. But I&#39;ve said it all year long, even though Herm needs to learn more Xs and Os stuff, he has done what a lot of other coaches failed to do. Keeping his players playing hard the way professionals are supposed to do, even with nothing on the line. 90% of losing teams coaches can&#39;t get their players to do that.
    Herm has admitted he will work on his shortcomings. Good for him, and I for one believe he will get better and so will the Jets. I don&#39;t want another coach here, PERIOD. I want stability for the Jets, something that has been lacking for a long time. Even Parcells only stayed around for 3 years. How many years does it take a rookie to become good, i.e. Chad, Santana, Laverneous, BT is still working on it. Herm can only get better. No matter what you people say or want, he will be here next year. Cry and ***** all you want. You can either get behind your team and enjoy this win, expect they get better, or become a Giants fan.
    According to yesterday&#39;s results there are plenty of teams with nothing to play for that are still fighting(Chicago, Cleveland, Arizona, SD) and some that are mailing it in(Washington, NYG), so Hermy isn&#39;t the only guy who&#39;s team is fighting. Obviously the 90% is way off. It would have been nice to see some of that fight last week against Buff when it mattered.

    I have seen nothing to indicate he will get better. His asst coach hirings are awful(R. Carter), he talent evaluation and usage is suspect, and while it&#39;s nice that he admits his shortcomings, it doesn&#39;t seem to translate into change.

    You ask how long it takes for a rookie to contribute. The answer is; under Herm longer than anywhere else because he doesn&#39;t like to play youth.

    Herm may not get better. I don&#39;t think he has to date.

    I know he will be here next year, it just doesn&#39;t give me any hope. [/b][/quote]
    thats why I started the other thread on camp/1st 4 games....
    to try and have a legit discussion if we think he has finally learned..........

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    558
    Piper,

    first off even the revered Parcells didn&#39;t play rookies. Secondly, no matter this timing, a lot of young players are developing nicely. You can say all you want about him not playing them soon enough, but look at where our young guys are now:
    Pennington, enough said
    Hobson, making nice contributions, hopefully will start next year.
    Glenn, see Hobson
    BThomas, finally coming around nicely.
    Abraham, when he plays he does so well
    Ellis, career year.
    DRob is probably a perfect example of playing a rookie too soon. Not Herm&#39;s fault or idea, it just happened because of Evans&#39; suspension. Read these posts and see all the negative things said about DRob. Let&#39;s say I agree with you and DRob doesn&#39;t play this year, or only sparingly, learns on the sideline and in practice, you guys would have killed Herm for not playing the &#39;young guys&#39;. You can&#39;t have it both ways. Look how great Pennington is now. Do you think he would have been this good if they threw him into the fire as soon as he was drafter? I don&#39;t think so.
    When I was referring to how long it takes for rookies to mature, I was making the reference to Herm himself. After all, we got him as a rookie coach. It was only his third year in &#39;03. He should be maturing as a coach and I for one believe we will, with Herm, have a playoff team in 04.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us