Thread: OT: Atkins Diet

Rookie
    oh man atkins diet is amazing... lost 40 pounds the first time i did it and kept it off for a year now im on it the second time and have lost two inchs from my stomach... just make sure you stay hydrated

Its great if your cholesterol isnít high, but I would recommend the south beach diet its a much more healthy version of Atkins. I have been on it for two months and wasnít very over weight but I dropped the 20 I wanted to and changed the way I eat, Iím not even on it, but from what I learned from the book Iím still losing weight.

All Pro
    i have done ATkins, South Beach and Weight Wtahcers - The bets one for me was Weight Watchers - lost 42 lbs !!!! Easy to maintain afterwards also

Rookie
    I am down 60 pounds on Atkins. Tough laying off the Guinness though. I switched to whiskies (scotch, bourbon, irish) and have kept losing the weight.

Rookie
    Why diet? Try running and you can eat what you want

Hall Of Fame
    eat right and lift weoghts! As we asge we lose our lean muscle mass but we eat like we always ate! Boom! we gain weight! By lifting weights we develop leam muscle mass! Even at rest muscle burns more calories then fat! therefore we can eat more and weigh less! Just eat rught and get the exercise! Cardio and weughts are the way to go. Cardio of about 30 minutes 4 times a week is pleanty. Rememebr, you never want to burn muscle for fuel so cardio must be limited! LIFT WEIGHTS! :ph34r:

I've done weight watchers and lost 15 lbs...then leveled off and did a modified version of Body for Life (Bill Phillipts) and lost 30 additional lbs. and lost 4 inches from the waist.

The one thing all these diets have in common is they include some form of exercise and lower Card in take. Also they all include a lot of Water drinking...The only way to get rid of water weight is to drink water.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Lost 25 lbs on atkins

All the amstel light I can drink. Only problem is coming off it correctly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I lost 118 lbs of Nagging weight..Lucky my Lawyer was a
    personal friend so the Divorce wasn't costly!! Other than
    that I love the atkins also..Never hungry on that one!!

Veteran
    Originally posted by savage69@Dec 20 2003, 11:30 AM
    I lost 118 lbs of Nagging weight..Lucky my Lawyer was a
    personal friend so the Divorce wasn't costly!! Other than
    that I love the atkins also..Never hungry on that one!!
    Too Funny!!! :lol:

Did you guys also measure how much body fat you lost on those diets? Body weight doesnt mean much. A lot of it could be water.

Those strict protein diets are a farce. I lost 20 pounds in like a month and it was mostly water. My body fat went down like 2% in that time lol.... Not being able to eat any carbs is not good for your body. YOu feel weak and you look like your anorexic.....

Dieting is the simplest thing. Just eat whatever you want but just very small portions of it, eat like 6 meals a day and run your butt off... The weight will come off...